PDA

View Full Version : UBUMIX - NEW PPF PATCH for WE8 iso or ripkit

Pere Ubu
06-11-2004, 17:15
Finally finished -- my first patch. It's for WE8, not PES4, simply because I think WE8 is still by far the better game. Let me know what you think.

============================== ===============
UBUMIX v.1.0

FOR WINNING ELEVEN 8 FULL DVD ISO OR RIPKIT*

Dedicated to Brian Clough, 1935-2004

Features:

100% KITS by kEL, Spark, biker_jim_uk, Noted
Some away kits (eg Roma) changed to third kits to avoid shorts-colour clashes
Relegated EPL teams replaced by promoted teams, but players not sorted - requires an option file e.g. Evo-Web
Referees kits by biker_jim_uk, Daikiri & kEL

Player database & bootpack from Sunjun: transfers updated to transfer window, captains corrected, fk players corrected, wrong foot corrected, duplicates removed, alterations to hair, height etc
Plus: Fiorentina and Dalian Shide replace WE & PES United

Fernando 0.7 English translation (all English except a few bits, eg parts of Training), and slowdown fix

Noted Number Pack: Premier League, Adidas, Nike & Puma fonts
(assigned to correct teams - teams with unique or unusual fonts eg. Barca / Real / Roma
get whichever looks closest, eg Barca = Adidas)

100% STADIA, remixed by Pere Ubu:

--ALL Konami branding removed from ALL stadia, replaced by appropriate logos or sponsors'ads

--Old Trafford updated with new Stretford End banners (beta)

--Delle Alpi updated with new Juve scoreboard, and authentic ad banners around stadium

--Velodrome updated with Marseille website ads (day) and Champions League banners (night) instead of Konami flags,
plus updated Marseille scoreboard including new 2004-2005 OM logo

--Nagai Stadium changed into Dragao Stadium - based on Mauras' for WE7I

--Ennio Tardini updated with Parma scoreboard, new authentic adboards behind curva

--Rasunda changed into generic "old fashioned" Premiership stadium (Villa, Birmingham, West Brom, etc.), with Premiership / SkySports branding and scoreboard, English ads etc

--Westfalen Stadium (night) changed into generic closed-square style Premiership stadium (Blackburn, Boro, Tottenham etc) with Premiership/Sky Sports branding and scoreboard, English ads etc

--Bloemfontain Rugby Stadium changed into generic open-square style Italian stadium for Serie A sides: Serie A scoreboard, mountains in distance replaced by hills & trees, Italian ads and branding replace Konami signs

--Tokyo Olympic Stadium changed into generic bowl-type Italian stadium, with Italian adboards / Serie A scoreboard

--Estade Nacional changed into generic Spanish stadium, with authentic Spanish ads, LFP branding and scoreboard

--Kashira Stadium changed into Alvelade (by Mauras) for daytime, Mestalla for night

--Yokohama Stadium has Konami branding removed, new scoreboard

--St James' Park updated, new adidas ads & now says "NEWCASTLE UNITED" instead of "ST JAMES' PARK" on the roof

--Sapporodome updated into 4 different novelty stadia:
Day Clear: Offensive
Day Rain: Headwound
Night Clear: School Playground (beta)
Night Rain: Outer Space (beta)
with artificial turf, new banners and scoreboards, and some special guests on the touchline...

--Other stadia as Sunjun - all look great already - by various including jbete, FCH, Mauras

--Some transparencies fixed from the stadia in Sunjun eg. Olympiastadion stewards no longer appear against a white sheet

--Benches with subs by WEMan in many stadia

100% NEW SOUNDTRACK by Pere Ubu - EVERYTHING replaced except for in-game sound effects and commentary:

Main theme - The Fall, "Kicker Conspiracy" (greatest song about football ever written)
Menus - classic UK football themes (Match Of The Day, The Big Match (both versions), Sports Report)
Highlights - loops from Isaac Hayes, Can, Air
Stadium music - Champions League theme on entering the pitch; Daft Punk, Big Youth; Queen - "We Are The Champions" for the cup ceremony; Kraftwerk (exit music), and more...
Training - Jonny McGovern, "Soccer Practice" (hilarious gay disco - can't take training seriously again )

--plus NEW CUP/LEAGUE INTROS... all Konami stings (eg "International League!" "Let the games begin!") replaced with relevant classic commentary clips - eg Maradona's 1986 goal vs England for the World Cup - by Barry Davies, John Motson, Clive Tyldesley, Brian Moore, Martin Tyler and a Brazilian guy who says "golgolgolgolgol" ...also clips of Keegan, Cantona, and in museum mode, the WHOLE of "Can you hear me Maggie Thatcher? Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

Pitches modified with the "Pale-To-Green" method, using Vespa's bmps, with circular grass patterns REMOVED from Olimpico Roma, Amsterdam Arena and Estade Nacional

New ball mix:
Roteiro = Nike Aerow Red (by Pascal)
Classic = classic Adidas Santiago (by Renzo)
Finale = New Champions League Finale Red (from PES4)
Pelias = New Pelias blue (by Pascal)
SY1 = Puma (by Moviola)
SY2 = Nike Aerow Yellow (new Premiership ball; based on Aerow red by Pascal)

Many new faces by Davidian (eg Baros, Zidane, Ronaldo, Deco)

GK gloves

Chants & cheers by Solidus

Supporters' flags from Evo-Web by various inc. MaxiMo, Edmundo & Mhut: brilliant fan banners for at least 75% of teams in the game

Higgs Logo Pack, plus a few new ones

New title screen by Edmundo / Pere Ubu

LOTS of new backgrounds (almost 100%) by Pere Ubu, totally changed the look of the game - eg when editing players in Edit Mode you see him walking on the pitch

New main menu screen - Pierluigi Collina

Menu icons by wolvesfan (ones without embossed "8")

Adboards from Evo-Web & Sunjun, plus new ones, by Splasher, impatrick, Pere Ubu & others

Intro - Henry's Dream, from Ole Lite

HOW TO APPLY THE PATCH:

1. Unpack the 2 rar files, then, using Apache, open an UNPATCHED iso of Winning Eleven 8

2. Select DATA_J.AFS, right click and select "Extract" - save to Desktop. Leave Apache open.

3. Open PPF-o-matic 3.0 - where it says "ISO File", enter the DATA_J you've just saved to the desktop (you'll have to select "all files" for it to show up in the Explorer window). Where it says "Patch", enter the file ubumix.ppf from the Ubumix folder. Click apply, and wait. Finally, ppf-o-matic will say it's finished, and you can burn your disc. But you can't, not yet.

4. In ppf-o-matic, select the newly-patched DATA_J as the ISO file again, and this time select update8-11.ppf from the Update8-11 folder as the Patch. Apply. This one will only take a few seconds.

5. Go back to Apache. Right click on DATA_J.AFS, select "Update", and replace it with the twice-patched DATA_J from the desktop. This will take a while, so be patient.

6. Then do the same with the files OVER.AFS, and SLPM_656.57 - right click, "update", and replace them with the files of the same name from the Ubumix folder. They will take a couple of seconds to apply. Then finally, do the same with the file WE8_OP.PSS - this will take slightly longer, but nowhere near as long as the DATA_J.

7. That's it - close Apache, open DVD Decrypter/Nero/whatever you want to burn with, and burn your iso slowly (anything below x4 should be ok). If you're using the ripkit, apply the ripkit after patching, then save as bin & cue in CDMage.

WHERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PATCH:

Method1, ftp (USE FTP PROGRAM eg CuteFTP or SmartFTP):

Server: ftp.winningtheone.com
Username: [email protected]
Password: ftp
Directory: /pub/WE8/Patch/Pere Ubu

Many, many thanks to winningtheone for the hosting!!

Method 2
NEW BITTORRENT LINKS

FULL PATCH + UPDATE:
http://www.lokitorrent.com/torrents-details.php?id=58275&hit=1

JUST THE UPDATE (for people who've got the main patch from ftp already):
http://www.lokitorrent.com/torrents-details.php?id=58288&hit=1

Should also be on Suprnova soon.

PLEASE KEEP SEEDING AFTER DOWNLOAD ENDS TO KEEP SPEED UP

* Some small bugs noted when used with ripkit: music that doesn't loop, bits of Japanese etc., but in general it works perfectly

Special thanks to Sunjun, whose patch I used a base, and Winningtheone for FTP hosting.
============================== ====================

Alberto Tomba
07-11-2004, 15:25
This patch sounds awesome but I got knocked off by the time my connection only allowed 606 :(

Mohanned
07-11-2004, 16:59
Looking good unfortunaltley I dont have WE8

simont
08-11-2004, 01:34
has anyone managed to download patch yet or even connect to the ftp site?
hope to play it soon

Itachi-san
08-11-2004, 05:30
this is an interesting patch, i think i will give it a try. one question though, why didn't the patch makers use fernando's 0.7 translation patch?

Pere Ubu
08-11-2004, 06:56
this is an interesting patch, i think i will give it a try. one question though, why didn't the patch makers use fernando's 0.7 translation patch?

Hahahaha....I did, I just typed the wrong number in there.....have edited it now.

By the way, I just completed a new update, which will REPLACE the original 'ubumixupdate' ppf. Anyone who's downloading, don't get the outdated 'ubumixupdate', make sure you get 'update8-11' INSTEAD. If it's not there yet, it will appear there very soon.

GatewayGTW
08-11-2004, 12:54
Yo, the patch, shall I just apply via APACHE? then burn SLOWLY, maybe 2x?
I had problems erlier, my PS2 wont read disc, I burnt at 4x....maybe thats the problem?
I would appreciate any help!

Pere Ubu
08-11-2004, 13:21
Yo, the patch, shall I just apply via APACHE? then burn SLOWLY, maybe 2x?
I had problems erlier, my PS2 wont read disc, I burnt at 4x....maybe thats the problem?
I would appreciate any help!

Follow the instructions closely....make sure you patch the DATA_J.AFS, not the whole ISO, and then insert the files back into your original iso. It's all there in the instructions. If you do it any differently, it just won't work.

And don't use the update, it's buggy. Get the new 'Update8-11", which will be on the winningtheone ftp this afternoon. Use that instead - patch the DATA_J with the main patch, then with Update8-11. The old 'ubumixupdate' patch doesn't work.

I've patched a clean iso myself, then applied the ripkit, and it still boots fine, and it's all there (except a bug with the highlights music in ripkit version). I also patched a DVD with the main patch, and that worked too. Has anyone else got it working yet?

GatewayGTW
08-11-2004, 14:35
There needs to be a host that allows more users!! everytime I attempt log in, it says there are already too many usrs connected! I have about 490mb of the file....And it wont let me connect!!

PLEASE get a bigger hst!!

Vinash
08-11-2004, 22:20
Could someone start a torrent??

GatewayGTW
08-11-2004, 23:09
Can nebody find the latest 'NEW' patch Pere is on about?? I can only see the old 1!!

Pere Ubu
09-11-2004, 00:37
That means it hasn't been moved over to the new folder yet. It will be there very soon.

Try the torrent - it's fully up to date.

Itachi-san
09-11-2004, 00:38
what are the editables of the boot pack? does the torrent have the update in it or it only the main patch? sorry for asking too much questions :)

Pere Ubu
09-11-2004, 00:53
That's ok, it's always confusing when someone's trying to get a new patch released......remember the chaos when the Sunjun patch first came out.....

Right: there are TWO torrent files (I've just uploaded the second one, it will be seeded soon).

"UBUMIX & UPDATE" is a large (771mb) rar file containing everything you need: the main patch, the update, and the three small extra files to insert into the iso (over.afs, we8_op.pss and slpm_656.57).

"UPDATE 8-11" is a much smaller (11.8mb) rar file which ONLY contains the update. This is for people who have already got most of the main patch from FTP, need the update (which isn't ready on ftp yet), but don't want to download the first torrent, which includes so much they've already got. So, if you're downloading the big file off FTP, you can use Bittorrent to get the update at the same time :)

Itachi-san
09-11-2004, 01:00
thanks for clearing things up, :D i will help seed the torrent once i get finish downloading. can you also answer my boot pack question, what are the editable boots in this patch? thanks

Pere Ubu
09-11-2004, 01:12
Boots are the same as Sunjun -- I'm not that interested in boots myself, so I just used that bootpack...if you look on that thread, it will say which are the editables, and it'll be the same for my patch too.

Alberto Tomba
09-11-2004, 06:06
I will seed as well. And I JUST figured out how to do this on a mac :0

Itachi-san
09-11-2004, 06:18
have you finish downloading yet alberto tomba? i only got 18.7% completed. the speed is really slow since there is only one seeder, and i'm guessing its pere ubu.

GatewayGTW
09-11-2004, 11:57
HELP GUYS!! waht is a 'Torrent'?? all I wanted is the UPDATE 11 8 file!! I dont knw were 2 get it frm, im getting all worked up now....:( please help! sorry abt this guys, if u tel me hw 2 'seed' i will do so aswell!!

GatewayGTW
09-11-2004, 12:01
That's ok, it's always confusing when someone's trying to get a new patch released......remember the chaos when the Sunjun patch first came out.....

Right: there are TWO torrent files (I've just uploaded the second one, it will be seeded soon).

"UBUMIX & UPDATE" is a large (771mb) rar file containing everything you need: the main patch, the update, and the three small extra files to insert into the iso (over.afs, we8_op.pss and slpm_656.57).

"UPDATE 8-11" is a much smaller (11.8mb) rar file which ONLY contains the update. This is for people who have already got most of the main patch from FTP, need the update (which isn't ready on ftp yet), but don't want to download the first torrent, which includes so much they've already got. So, if you're downloading the big file off FTP, you can use Bittorrent to get the update at the same time :)

I currently only have the old ubumixupdate file...and pere says it doesnt wrk....HELP!

davking
09-11-2004, 13:02
how do you use these bittorents could do with amirror if somebody has d/loaded it from
ftp site. every time i go to ftp site theres nothing there only folder that says pub click on that then nothing. HELP!

Alberto Tomba
09-11-2004, 15:57
have you finish downloading yet alberto tomba? i only got 18.7% completed. the speed is really slow since there is only one seeder, and i'm guessing its pere ubu.

Well It's been rough i have about 63.2 as of right now my uploads are better then my downs though throughout so someone's getting it. I've been on for more than 11 hrs now :(

edit* But out of respect to everyone i WILL keep it up once i finish downloading to see :)

Pere Ubu
09-11-2004, 21:44
Bittorrent: http://bittorrent.com/download.html It's very simple. Download that, then go to the linked page and click on the "torrent" link. If it asks you what program to open it with, choose "btdownloadgui". Then leave it on overnight.

Itachi-san
10-11-2004, 01:19
i think you need to register at Lokitorrent.com to get the torrent. Registering is quick and simple.

thelog
10-11-2004, 05:54
Thanks a lot your works. It's great works.

I have some questions.

Already, I patched fernando v0.7.

Can I patch your file using already patched iso file? (DVD)

Is it possible if your patch system overwrite fernando patch?

GatewayGTW
11-11-2004, 13:36
Hey boyz, patch doesnt wrk!! i burn at abt 3x then wen i attempt boot up, it doesnt read!!!! im ending up with coasters insted of a patched we8!!!

HELP

Zygalski
11-11-2004, 13:53
As far as I know, you don't have to register at lokitorrent to download from there.
I believe you will have success if you apply this patch to a clean image. But I haven't used it as I am a PES4 player ;)

Pere Ubu
11-11-2004, 15:50
Yeah, the patch works ok - kEL's been playing it and just sent me some bins of his newer kits for the next update. And if one person gets it to work, then it's fine.

Only solution is: try again, follow the instructions very carefully....try burning at 2x. Or try the ripkit, it's cheaper :)

New update this week: brand new player database to replace Sunjun's - newest transfers (Sorin to Villareal....THAT new!), and promoted teams from all leagues.... new balls .... updated stadia.... newer kits.... new faces..... maybe a bootpack.... best of all, the new update doesn't need an option file!

GatewayGTW
11-11-2004, 16:26
sory guys, my dvd-r discs say 8x speed dvd-r on them, NERO only lets me go slowest 4x, and decryter lets me go 1x, then it pumps up 2 4x while burning, is it a problem with my media?? PLEASE HELP, i relly wanna play with real kits and in ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!! DO U THINK, tht because my media is 8x, thts y i cnt go slower??

PLEASE HELP!

WHAT MEDIA R U GUYS USING? im sorry, i sound stoopid...but i hve nvr patched b4... :o so can u guys tell me wat media 2 use, software etc?

I am going 2 try Verbatim disks now...its my last attempt, and i hope it wrks...please, ne help wud b relly appreciated. I am booting via swap magic, NB: evrytime i have tried to boot up, the screen goes red, indicating it WONT work! Also, which software r u guys using? im going 2 duplicate watever u use to gt the same results as u...:)

bonner
11-11-2004, 18:38
hi guy's
thnx for posting this great pach,but where can i find the software you call it "apache" ?without it i can't play this patch!
please answer me anyone! :eek:

GatewayGTW
11-11-2004, 20:10
hi guy's
thnx for posting this great pach,but where can i find the software you call it "apache" ?without it i can't play this patch!
please answer me anyone! :eek:

Just Go t Yahoo! and enter a search query for ps2 apache software or sumthing, and u will get it!

Pere Ubu
11-11-2004, 22:05
bonner - look in the sticky threads in the Editing Forum. Or you could try Google....

Gateway, are you using DVD-R or DVD+R? DVD-R is easier for the PS2 to read, and some PS2s don't play DVD+R at all (which would explain the red Swap Magic screen). The discs everyone says are best are Ritek brand.

Try getting DVD Decrypter or Alcohol 120%, they burn game isos better than Nero. Also - make sure you're burning the IMAGE to disc (in Nero, the icon of the match burning), not burning a data DVD of the files, which is totally different. But if you're still getting red from Swap Magic after all that, you must be doing something wrong.

GatewayGTW
12-11-2004, 00:36
Well, im trying Alcohol 120% lets c wat it can do, if not, ill chnge brnd 2 Ritek/Verbatim, then c wat hppens, lst attempt of the day, im going out now....im 5 hrs behind u guys lol...

Alberto Tomba
12-11-2004, 05:24
As far as I know, you don't have to register at lokitorrent to download from there.
I believe you will have success if you apply this patch to a clean image. But I haven't used it as I am a PES4 player ;)

Zyg the girl in your sig turn me on enormously :D

Pere Ubu
12-11-2004, 05:47
Yeah, she looks like Lindsay Lohan, but I don't think it is. Very nice.

ANyone know about Weditor? Or hex-editing? I thought I knew a bit about it, but obviously not enough to stop my new update crashing at the title screen every time... :(

If anyone's got any good advice about editing with Weditor or xps-para, I could do with some help. First my hex-edited text wasn't showing up onscreen, now the game won't load properly after the intro. Very frustrating. WE7I was much easier to edit.... It's nothing really obvious - I'm only hex-editing within the space allocated for each bit of text, and I'm also following the rules of WEditor, but whatever I do seems to corrupt something. If anyone can help here, and speed this along a bit, I'd be very grateful.

And one more thing -- no one's made really good kits for a lot of the newly-promoted teams, so I'm thinking of just using the ones from PES4. If anyone who's got PES4 could post me the bin files for the kits of Getafe, Numancia, Caen, Istres, Saint-Etienne, Atalanta, etc. etc., that would also speed things up (the only reason I can spend so much time on this patch is that I'm out of work at the moment, but that also means I can't afford to buy PES4, or even rent it from Blockbusters and extract the bin files..... :D ). The ones I've got already are Fiorentina, Nurnberg, West Brom, Crystal Palace & Norwich, and an OK Saint-Etienne, but I'd like to try the Konami Saint-Etienne. If anyone can spare 15 minutes to do this, it'd be really helpful and I'd thank you a lot.

bonner
12-11-2004, 11:34

bonner
12-11-2004, 11:37
bonner - look in the sticky threads in the Editing Forum. Or you could try Google....

thnx for youre answer!but im not so good in these treaths can you give me more information about this program? or can i use another program and so yes wich one and how can i use these.

thanks a lot mates......... :confused:

o0oGedo0o
12-11-2004, 11:47
this patch is almost perfect but why did you remove the roteiro and is the aerow looking good ? or weren't you able to do it right?

GatewayGTW
12-11-2004, 11:58
Well, I tried, and it falied, evn with 120% i will try new disc, if not, id appreciate ne advice, but then im giving up....I alredy have 3 new tea coasters...:(

o0oGedo0o
12-11-2004, 12:00
try fireburner i had trouble burning patched games till this program, burn on 4x should work

GatewayGTW
13-11-2004, 00:17
No Luck boys, I chnged 2 MEMOREX discs...it still wnt let me burn @ leser thn x4...im relly quite vexd now...im jus thinking this ptach dun wnna wrk with me....:( plus, wat u boys rekon ofmy sketch??

bonner
13-11-2004, 20:37
thnx for your link to the program apache.
i can tell you i did the things you said in youre post and it looks good.

many thanks and keep up the good work.

bonner

Davinche
13-11-2004, 21:01
No Luck boys, I chnged 2 MEMOREX discs...it still wnt let me burn @ leser thn x4...im relly quite vexd now...im jus thinking this ptach dun wnna wrk with me....:( plus, wat u boys rekon ofmy sketch?? LoL. You really captured the image of jacko on that picture :)

GatewayGTW
14-11-2004, 02:12
well, thnx dj...lol...he still rocks as a dancer! neways I cnat get my iso 2 wrk!!!! im relly quite dpresed now...ne help wud b appreciated...PLEASE...

My Burner is the - LiteON SOHW 1633S

Write Speed: Dvd + R9 @ 2.4x, Dvd+R @ 16x, Dvd-R @ 8x, Dvd+RW @ 4x, Dvd-RW @ 4x, Cd-R @ 48x, Cd-RW @ 24x

Using Alcohol 120% 2 burn patched .iso.

MEDIA: Memorex DVD-R 1x-4x

PLEASE HELP! boot method is via swap magic...and evrytime i hve tried, it brings up a red brder around the swap magic screen, which menas tht disc isnt gona evr play!

GatewayGTW
15-11-2004, 00:20
Hey guys, I am in London, England at the moment, and would appreciate if Pere Ubu or someone who has done this patch, and has a successful wrking vrsn all patched, If you could mail it 2 me? If you can, I would appreciate it loads guys...I leave in a week and a half...PLEASE? If u can, let me knw, leave email address and i will give u postal address and we will take it frm there.

stickyiky
15-11-2004, 13:04
im sorry but "Pro Evolution Soccer" and "Winning Eleven" are the same game just winning 11 is the japenese version and pro evo is for america and europe

Pere Ubu
15-11-2004, 19:22
Hello stickyiky! I think you may have posted in the wrong thread....

Or else you're taking issue with my statement that WE8 is better than PES4. Thanks for your info, but I think you'll find you're wrong, and if you play both games, you'll realize that. WE8 is slower, more precise and less arcadey.

And if you try patching one with a patch intended for the other, you'll soon discover they are not the same game...

GatewayGTW
15-11-2004, 19:32
Yo pere, cud u post me a ptched vrsn of WE8?? I am in London Engalnd 4 one and half weeks...

Pere Ubu
16-11-2004, 04:39
No I can't, I'm afraid, cos that's P-I-R-A-C-Y...

But try downloading again tomorrow or Wednesday, when the update's out. I shall reseed the torrent.

larciel
16-11-2004, 18:38
thanks for the patch, this seems like the latest and best patche for WE8 !

and i agree with you on WE8vsPES4 . historically, WE series have been slower than PES, and that fits my taste better ;)

thank you very much for the patch once again. btw, what and when can we expect a new patch, and what'll be in it? (new roster maybe?)

GatewayGTW
16-11-2004, 18:59
larciel, which discs do u use?? Also, at which speed do u burn?? I will try 2 make sure i can get ur discs here in london before i leave!! I am having NO LUCK with the patch. SO WHICH DISCS DO U USE? AND WAT SPEED DO U BRN AT?

Pere Ubu
17-11-2004, 00:52
Update (probably) tomorrow, depending on bugtesting:

Complete new player database - promoted teams in, with kits, newest transfers and loans done (99%), formations and starting line ups updated, retired players removed

New ball mix: Roteiro (it's back), Pelias, NIKE AEROW OFFICIAL in red, blue (LFP branding) and hi-visibility yellow (Premiership branding), Red Champions League Finale, and classic 1974 black and white ball (from original WE8...I miss it).

Yogui 1.7 bootpack (don't know how well-assigned the boots are, but they're all there and they look very nice)

Updated kits, new ones mostly by kEL, also Spark & OPM

Some stadia improved - Outer Space Sapporodome now floating in space :)

New backgrounds - now 100% new pictures, all Konami ones and ones from previous patches replaced

New Davidian faces

Minor bugs fixed - a few transparencies, etc.

Coming out as a torrent.....probably tomorrow, definitely before the end of the week.

PS Gateway -- it's unlikely to be the discs that are the problem, if you've tried different ones. Just make sure you're doing everything right from the instructions....

larciel
18-11-2004, 01:54
larciel, which discs do u use?? Also, at which speed do u burn?? I will try 2 make sure i can get ur discs here in london before i leave!! I am having NO LUCK with the patch. SO WHICH DISCS DO U USE? AND WAT SPEED DO U BRN AT?

i used ritek g04 . burnt at 4x.

GatewayGTW
18-11-2004, 12:15
But I burnt at 4x, and my ps2 wont read it?

GatewayGTW
18-11-2004, 14:21
Are your riteks the orange variation? there are a few dvd-r ritek 4x g04 on this UK site...www.ukdvdr.co.uk...whic h 1s shall i buy 4 max compatibiluty with my ps2?

Pere Ubu
19-11-2004, 00:11
Latest news........

The update ppf file was H-U-G-E....almost 1GB. This is because there were so many changes and more changes on top of other changes, and the new player database, which is enormous.

So - good news for people like Alberto Tomba, who haven't had any luck with the earlier patch - instead of an update:

UBUMIX FINAL VERSION

One very large ppf patch to be applied to a clean WE8 iso. That is, forget all the previous versions of the patch, this is a whole new thing. It means another big download, but just the update would have been more than three quarters the size of this whole patch, so it doesn't make much difference in the end.

As well as everything in the old patch, this will include the new complete player database, promoted teams, Yogui 1.7 bootpack, new kits, Nike Aerow (red, blue and yellow), balls and referees renamed in-game, new backgrounds, improved pitches, and more.

Now, it's not going to be available tonight after all, because I have to test it and stuff. But in the next 24 hours or so, it will appear as a torrent, and I'll start a new thread when it's ready to download. If you liked the first patch though, this one is really really worth waiting for.

IF I find out the full patch doesn't work (although it should do), then I'll work out some other arrangement, but it'll still be in the next day or two.

GatewayGTW
19-11-2004, 15:10
Hey, I have gt past the initial screen now, but it wont get ne further thn past the 'insert disc' screen. the border now goes blue. But wont load past tht!!! HELP!

Pere Ubu
19-11-2004, 16:08
Gateway, it sounds like the laser on your PS2 is dying. If you've got the CD version of Swap Magic, try using the KF ripkit and burning the patch as a CD. My PS2 won't read DVDs anymore, so it's what I have to do.

More hold-ups here, but I promise, this will be available very soon......

GatewayGTW
19-11-2004, 21:20
KF ripkit?? what do I have 2 do? Where do i get it? I am stumped, no idea where 2 get it, or how 2 wrk it...What is the KF ripkit? I do have CD vrsn, AND I LEAVE NEXT WEEK!!

larciel
19-11-2004, 21:39
google might be helpful to you if you're in a hurry

good luck

Pere Ubu
19-11-2004, 22:22
Or a search: http://forum.pesinsight.com/showthread.php?t=14522&page=1

GatewayGTW
20-11-2004, 16:02
Hey Pere, I have had some luck with the patch now...Its with a DVD, however, it loads up sometimes, then doesnt others! It gets 2 the dedicated 2 brian clough screen, then it wont play henry vid, and doesnt load up til the opening screen...Do u think its my disc? My PS2 plays all other dvd discs...

Pere Ubu
20-11-2004, 20:18
It really sounds like it's your PS2 - if it loads sometimes and not others... probably not the disc. Try the ripkit, seriously. Like I say, my PS2 won't play DVDs at all now, but it can still handle CDs.

GatewayGTW
21-11-2004, 10:45
ok, well i try the ripkit, if i can work it out.,..also, does ur patch always take ages 2 load??Because mine did, however, as u sed, cud jus b ps2...cheers pere 4 a great patch.

Pere Ubu
22-11-2004, 05:52
Right, UBUMIX v.2.0 is finished and being prepared for download.

Expect a new thread tomorrow with links to get it.

Itachi-san
22-11-2004, 06:01
Right, UBUMIX v.2.0 is finished and being prepared for download.

Expect a new thread tomorrow with links to get it.

that sounds awesome. is it an update or a completely new patch?

Pere Ubu
22-11-2004, 11:49
Completely new patch - the update was 700mb, which meant anyone who just discovered the patch would be looking at three downloads of a total of almost 2GB. That was stupid, so I just made a new patch, which is only about 780mb anyway, and has everything in it.

I'm just about to start that new thread now...

laona
22-11-2004, 18:04
hi,
i hav followed the instrs given to patch my we8.. but when i tried to use ppfomatic to update the main data file, data_j.afs it told me that the file is bigger than the original file and cannot update it..
can anyone enlighten me pls? hav been witholding frm starting master league, due to the jap words and fake club logos....

robbieisgod
02-12-2004, 04:37
Hey, wondering can I use dvd decrypter instead of this apache?

twophases
07-12-2004, 02:01
Can anyone upload a patched data_j.afs. This would really be helpful. To filefront or something similar to filefront? Please?

theleftfoot
21-12-2004, 14:29
jop,

damm i'm back and I CAN FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN SHARE IT !!!!

terrible f**K !!!

I NEED THIS PATCH !!!! PLEASE !!!!!

rafau

Carmelin10
20-01-2005, 04:28
Im new and I might ask something stupid, I dont have the game, this patch is the game, I mean, can I get it and burn it and the play in my PS2 like if its the game??? Or do I need the original??

Finally finished -- my first patch. It's for WE8, not PES4, simply because I think WE8 is still by far the better game. Let me know what you think.

UBUMIX v.1.0

FOR WINNING ELEVEN 8 FULL DVD ISO OR RIPKIT*

Dedicated to Brian Clough, 1935-2004

Features:

100% KITS by kEL, Spark, biker_jim_uk, Noted
Some away kits (eg Roma) changed to third kits to avoid shorts-colour clashes
Relegated EPL teams replaced by promoted teams, but players not sorted - requires an option file e.g. Evo-Web
Referees kits by biker_jim_uk, Daikiri & kEL

Player database & bootpack from Sunjun: transfers updated to transfer window, captains corrected, fk players corrected, wrong foot corrected, duplicates removed, alterations to hair, height etc
Plus: Fiorentina and Dalian Shide replace WE & PES United

Fernando 0.7 English translation (all English except a few bits, eg parts of Training), and slowdown fix

Noted Number Pack: Premier League, Adidas, Nike & Puma fonts
(assigned to correct teams - teams with unique or unusual fonts eg. Barca / Real / Roma
get whichever looks closest, eg Barca = Adidas)

100% STADIA, remixed by Pere Ubu:

--ALL Konami branding removed from ALL stadia, replaced by appropriate logos or sponsors'ads

--Old Trafford updated with new Stretford End banners (beta)

--Delle Alpi updated with new Juve scoreboard, and authentic ad banners around stadium

--Velodrome updated with Marseille website ads (day) and Champions League banners (night) instead of Konami flags,
plus updated Marseille scoreboard including new 2004-2005 OM logo

--Nagai Stadium changed into Dragao Stadium - based on Mauras' for WE7I

--Ennio Tardini updated with Parma scoreboard, new authentic adboards behind curva

--Rasunda changed into generic "old fashioned" Premiership stadium (Villa, Birmingham, West Brom, etc.), with Premiership / SkySports branding and scoreboard, English ads etc

--Westfalen Stadium (night) changed into generic closed-square style Premiership stadium (Blackburn, Boro, Tottenham etc) with Premiership/Sky Sports branding and scoreboard, English ads etc

--Bloemfontain Rugby Stadium changed into generic open-square style Italian stadium for Serie A sides: Serie A scoreboard, mountains in distance replaced by hills & trees, Italian ads and branding replace Konami signs

--Tokyo Olympic Stadium changed into generic bowl-type Italian stadium, with Italian adboards / Serie A scoreboard

--Estade Nacional changed into generic Spanish stadium, with authentic Spanish ads, LFP branding and scoreboard

--Kashira Stadium changed into Alvelade (by Mauras) for daytime, Mestalla for night

--Yokohama Stadium has Konami branding removed, new scoreboard

--St James' Park updated, new adidas ads & now says "NEWCASTLE UNITED" instead of "ST JAMES' PARK" on the roof

--Sapporodome updated into 4 different novelty stadia:
Day Clear: Offensive
Day Rain: Headwound
Night Clear: School Playground (beta)
Night Rain: Outer Space (beta)
with artificial turf, new banners and scoreboards, and some special guests on the touchline...

--Other stadia as Sunjun - all look great already - by various including jbete, FCH, Mauras

--Some transparencies fixed from the stadia in Sunjun eg. Olympiastadion stewards no longer appear against a white sheet

--Benches with subs by WEMan in many stadia

100% NEW SOUNDTRACK by Pere Ubu - EVERYTHING replaced except for in-game sound effects and commentary:

Main theme - The Fall, "Kicker Conspiracy" (greatest song about football ever written)
Menus - classic UK football themes (Match Of The Day, The Big Match (both versions), Sports Report)
Highlights - loops from Isaac Hayes, Can, Air
Stadium music - Champions League theme on entering the pitch; Daft Punk, Big Youth; Queen - "We Are The Champions" for the cup ceremony; Kraftwerk (exit music), and more...
Training - Jonny McGovern, "Soccer Practice" (hilarious gay disco - can't take training seriously again )

--plus NEW CUP/LEAGUE INTROS... all Konami stings (eg "International League!" "Let the games begin!") replaced with relevant classic commentary clips - eg Maradona's 1986 goal vs England for the World Cup - by Barry Davies, John Motson, Clive Tyldesley, Brian Moore, Martin Tyler and a Brazilian guy who says "golgolgolgolgol" ...also clips of Keegan, Cantona, and in museum mode, the WHOLE of "Can you hear me Maggie Thatcher? Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

Pitches modified with the "Pale-To-Green" method, using Vespa's bmps, with circular grass patterns REMOVED from Olimpico Roma, Amsterdam Arena and Estade Nacional

New ball mix:
Roteiro = Nike Aerow Red (by Pascal)
Classic = classic Adidas Santiago (by Renzo)
Finale = New Champions League Finale Red (from PES4)
Pelias = New Pelias blue (by Pascal)
SY1 = Puma (by Moviola)
SY2 = Nike Aerow Yellow (new Premiership ball; based on Aerow red by Pascal)

Many new faces by Davidian (eg Baros, Zidane, Ronaldo, Deco)

GK gloves

Chants & cheers by Solidus

Supporters' flags from Evo-Web by various inc. MaxiMo, Edmundo & Mhut: brilliant fan banners for at least 75% of teams in the game

Higgs Logo Pack, plus a few new ones

New title screen by Edmundo / Pere Ubu

LOTS of new backgrounds (almost 100%) by Pere Ubu, totally changed the look of the game - eg when editing players in Edit Mode you see him walking on the pitch

New main menu screen - Pierluigi Collina

Menu icons by wolvesfan (ones without embossed "8")

Adboards from Evo-Web & Sunjun, plus new ones, by Splasher, impatrick, Pere Ubu & others

Intro - Henry's Dream, from Ole Lite

HOW TO APPLY THE PATCH:

1. Unpack the 2 rar files, then, using Apache, open an UNPATCHED iso of Winning Eleven 8

2. Select DATA_J.AFS, right click and select "Extract" - save to Desktop. Leave Apache open.

3. Open PPF-o-matic 3.0 - where it says "ISO File", enter the DATA_J you've just saved to the desktop (you'll have to select "all files" for it to show up in the Explorer window). Where it says "Patch", enter the file ubumix.ppf from the Ubumix folder. Click apply, and wait. Finally, ppf-o-matic will say it's finished, and you can burn your disc. But you can't, not yet.

4. In ppf-o-matic, select the newly-patched DATA_J as the ISO file again, and this time select update8-11.ppf from the Update8-11 folder as the Patch. Apply. This one will only take a few seconds.

5. Go back to Apache. Right click on DATA_J.AFS, select "Update", and replace it with the twice-patched DATA_J from the desktop. This will take a while, so be patient.

6. Then do the same with the files OVER.AFS, and SLPM_656.57 - right click, "update", and replace them with the files of the same name from the Ubumix folder. They will take a couple of seconds to apply. Then finally, do the same with the file WE8_OP.PSS - this will take slightly longer, but nowhere near as long as the DATA_J.

7. That's it - close Apache, open DVD Decrypter/Nero/whatever you want to burn with, and burn your iso slowly (anything below x4 should be ok). If you're using the ripkit, apply the ripkit after patching, then save as bin & cue in CDMage.

WHERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PATCH:

Method1, ftp (USE FTP PROGRAM eg CuteFTP or SmartFTP):

Server: ftp.winningtheone.com
Username: [email protected]
Password: ftp
Directory: /pub/WE8/Patch/Pere Ubu

Many, many thanks to winningtheone for the hosting!!

Method 2
NEW BITTORRENT LINKS

FULL PATCH + UPDATE:
http://www.lokitorrent.com/torrents-details.php?id=58275&hit=1

JUST THE UPDATE (for people who've got the main patch from ftp already):
http://www.lokitorrent.com/torrents-details.php?id=58288&hit=1

Should also be on Suprnova soon.

PLEASE KEEP SEEDING AFTER DOWNLOAD ENDS TO KEEP SPEED UP

* Some small bugs noted when used with ripkit: music that doesn't loop, bits of Japanese etc., but in general it works perfectly

Special thanks to Sunjun, whose patch I used a base, and Winningtheone for FTP hosting.
============================== ====================

davking
23-01-2005, 14:16
Im new and I might ask something stupid, I dont have the game, this patch is the game, I mean, can I get it and burn it and the play in my PS2 like if its the game??? Or do I need the original??
you need to have an iso of original game and apply the patch over that +your ps2 needs to be modified to play a patched game.