PDA

View Full Version : Rounding the keeper?

conradknight
08-03-2007, 04:48
What's the best way to round the keeper? When one-on-one I either just shoot or use R2 and shoot - either way its a bit hit and miss. I've read other threads where users mention rounding the keeper, but I can't seem to do it easily - any tips?

AgentZero
08-03-2007, 07:05
hey man
rounding the keeper is something that is hard at first and then wonder why it was hard in the first place.
what i do is if im in a 1v1 situation and i have bit of space i like to hold R2 (slow dribble-but not for too long) and then either flick the R3 twice or Square and then X...also the direction in which rounding the keeper seems easier. (but if you flick the R3 its usually which way you flick it is the way the player will take)
if you take it at normal speed it is also effective.

make use of shooting practice in the training mode

The Messiah
08-03-2007, 07:06
Slowing down is the key & guessing when the keeper goes down is vital.

michaelh1990
08-03-2007, 12:24
if you have time slow to a wlak then accelerate quickly past the keeper

wah-to
09-03-2007, 10:23
i find this really hard..on pes5...when there is a clean break...and its just me and the keeper..i just press shoot then pass to fake the keeper...here its so hard.you have to be really close to the keeper...

Stormrider
12-03-2007, 01:27
Easiest way is to just run straight and hit diagonal when you're close to the keeper with a decent dribbler. Shot feint is the next best option. If I'm top or bottom of the box using a player with decent pace and dribble speed then it's really easy to just slow dribble and then blow past the keeper and shoot in empty net. So many ways :happy:

ferdinand93
12-03-2007, 12:32
Slow down when you get to the keeper and either:

Turn 45 degrees

or

Press Square then X.

It should work.

Disco Pants
12-03-2007, 12:39
Its easy this, if you Dummy a shot.

(PS2) When you get relatively close press :square: (Shoot) then press :x:, the Keeper will dive and you walk past him for a tap in. :happy:

ham_aka_stam
29-03-2007, 15:20
worst bit's once you've rounded them and pressed square to shoot but the nut-job striker blasts the ball into row-z! grr