PDA

View Full Version : English Premiership option file v1.1 released

Zoidberg
24-02-2004, 09:56
Edit: I am re-doing the file to fix the bug that causes the game to crash. Version 2.0 will also include Besiktas and Lokomotiv Moscow and should be out within a week.

If anyone still wants v1.3 to play with for now then it is still available from here: http://www.angelfire.com/ult/zoidberg/ZoidbergEPLupdate_v1.3.zip

Zoidberg
24-02-2004, 12:45
A little thing I'm thinking of including in the next option file is changing where the first name initial goes for some players. E.g:

Gary Neville is down as 'G. Neville'. Would it be better to have all names like this as 'Neville, G.' or 'Neville G.' ?

The only reason I say this is is that it could make life easier in the Master League mode when looking for players.

What do you think? Should I change it?

Zygalski
24-02-2004, 20:51
Mate, your link still doesn't work for me.

Might be easier if you edit the first post in this thread and add your file as an attachment so that more people can get it.

I'd use "Neville G"

Cellini
24-02-2004, 21:02
This is the copy I downloaded the day before yesterday. (edited to add: nope, out of date version removed)

I think I've got the right file onto my memory card now, :rolleyes: ,so I'll give it wiz.

Zoidberg
24-02-2004, 21:13
Yeah that didn't work, apparantly I'd exceeded my usage per day...obviously they don't give you much ;)

I've added it as an attatchment for now, I'll have a look at getting a better host.

Cellini, that's the first one I did, the new one has better Master Leagues and looks better when selecting teams.

I've just realised the Nike kits aren't perfect, I'm not too sure what I did there. I'll get them sorted and post the right versions later tonight.

EDIT: Ok, I found another host I think. Hopefully that one will let more than one person download the thing :rolleyes:

Cellini
24-02-2004, 21:23
Cellini, that's the first one I did, the new one has better Master Leagues and looks better when selecting teams.

I'll get rid of the one I attached, and download the later one.

How drastic is the editing needed for Nike kits?

Zoidberg
24-02-2004, 21:28
Not drastic, they just have a square on the sleeve and probably a couple of extra lines. I wrote down what I thought was the right one then edited them blindly, I've only just realised now that they're wrong so I must have written down the wrong thing :D. I know which one it should be though.

It's only for Portugal, Brazil, Holland and the US. The England away kit is still ok ;)

Cellini
24-02-2004, 21:37
If Portugal, Brazil, Holland and the US all follow the same pattern as the England away kit then you're almost home-free!

I'll let you know how long Savage takes to pick up a card. ;)

I've got to have a go at a file for PES3 soon, or a variation on WE7i.

Zoidberg
24-02-2004, 22:31
There we go, version 1.2 is now up. The link is at the top :)

Fixed the Nike kits and also added the new France and Germany away shirts.

Zoidberg
24-02-2004, 23:28
Does anybody know what's happened to frutsel. It's not working for me...unless I've typed the wrong address.

Any tips for a good file host would be very welcome ;)

Cellini
25-02-2004, 06:11
It's an excellent file, the formations have been well done - I liked Celtic's...3-1-3-1-2?

(Birmingham...playing 4-1-3-2...drew their game with Portsmouth. Dugarry scored first, and Upson got booked. Savage was everywhere in midfield.)

Zoidberg
25-02-2004, 06:20
Glad you like it :)

I've tried to get the formations as close as possible to the real life ones. If you see any that are wrong then just stick it in here and I'll change it.

Cellini
25-02-2004, 06:27
Planned for next version
# A complete overhaul of national teams and starting line-ups.
# More youth players
# Add more players to the database who play for clubs not on the game (for extra options in Master League mode)

I know it doesn't look pretty in edit mode, but believe me there's nothing than can be done about that, every option file is the same. I've done all my editing on the PC so I didn't mess around with who was where in the Edit Mode. Everybody is registered to the right club and that's all the matters :)

Which tools did you use on the PC?

Zoidberg
25-02-2004, 06:31
http://perso.numericable.fr/~ryannick

Cellini
25-02-2004, 06:50
Cheers, it's saved and bookmarked now.

jack20
25-02-2004, 21:08
so basicallly whatv is this is it an option file like pesgoal.com or does it just make the english premier league.

Thanks for any help

Flipper the Priest
25-02-2004, 21:12
Eh, I've had a slight problem.

I started my own Premiership, a League neglecting the four bottom teams. Everything was going swimmingly but a couple of games in it kept freezing at a certain point, before I started a match.

I started another league and it happened again.

It's never happened with any other Option File. Would there be any way fix it?

Zoidberg
25-02-2004, 21:16
so basicallly whatv is this is it an option file like pesgoal.com or does it just make the english premier league.

Thanks for any help

It's similar to the pesgoal.com file in the way that it updates all the teams to what they are now. The difference is that it has the extra 8 Premiership clubs instead of some of the poorer foreign ones (Anderletcht, Peruguia, Brescia, Hamburg, Bordeaux, PES United and WE United)

Zoidberg
25-02-2004, 21:18
Eh, I've had a slight problem.

I started my own Premiership, a League neglecting the four bottom teams. Everything was going swimmingly but a couple of games in it kept freezing at a certain point, before I started a match.

I started another league and it happened again.

It's never happened with any other Option File. Would there be any way fix it?

That is very strange. Does it do it every time? I've never heard of that problem before.

I'll have a play around with it now, see what I can find out.

Flipper the Priest
25-02-2004, 21:25
First time it happened after three games, the second time after just one.

Otherwise it's top!!

Zoidberg
25-02-2004, 21:33
Strange. It shouldn't be a problem, just a matter of finding out which bit is causing it.

At what point does it crash? What screen is it on or attempting to load when it happens.

TeePeeJay
02-03-2004, 04:26
mate, why haven't you done a PC version of this option file? i can't use an X-Port file on the PC, can i?

Zoidberg
02-03-2004, 07:44
I haven't done a PC version because I don't own the PC version of PES3 !

It's fairly easy to convert it though so I'll do that tomorrow and post a link up.

Flipper the Priest
02-03-2004, 07:53
Have you found out what the prob I'm havin' might be?

Has anyone else had it?

Zoidberg
02-03-2004, 08:12
I'm getting there, although I don't know what's doing it. I suspect it may be due to using one of the early versions of the PC editors which have had a bug in.

Hopefully I can fix this version, but if not then I'm going to have to make another...hopefully it won't come that though :(

brc1
05-03-2004, 09:39
Have you found out what the prob I'm havin' might be?

Has anyone else had it?

Hi thanks for the option file, nice work. The only thing is it crashed with me also. This is the first time I've used the optionfile and just as the 2nd match in the league was about to start (birmingham vs southampton...if that makes a difference) it crashed. Hope you find out why. Thanks again for the hard work on it.

Zoidberg
06-03-2004, 03:35
Version 1.3 is out now: http://www.angelfire.com/ult/zoidberg/ZoidbergEPLupdate_v1.3.zip

So far it looks as though the bug is fixed, haven't had any reports of it happening and haven't experienced it myself so far. Fingers crossed :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

For the next version I'm going to put Lokomotiv Moscow over Spartak and Besiktas over Fenerbahce. I believe Flipper was asking about Lokomotiv a while back ;)

chewynotcrunchy
07-03-2004, 10:27
Outstanding work, thanks dude

Cellini
07-03-2004, 22:04
v.1.2 was an excellent file. I've downloaded v.1.3 and looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks Zoidberg, there's a lot of good work gone into these.

Zoidberg
08-03-2004, 10:51
Unfortunately the bug is still there. I could try to learn to use hex editors and try to fix that that way...but I can't be bothered so I'm going to re-do the file and use the data editor to do most of the work.

Besiktas and Lokomotiv Moscow will be included in v2.0 :)

Flipper the Priest
09-03-2004, 07:15
I like da sound of dat, bro!!

Don't you just hate people that type like that. Sorry, dat?

Hibee17
18-06-2004, 17:33
Can anybody tell me how 2 get the CM4 information onto the pes3 option file editor plz!!!

badbradderz
02-07-2004, 23:53
hi, im new here, and this edit seems just what im looking for, but the link doesnt work for me, i get the usual angelfire error message every time, that its the wrong url, or that i cant follow direct links to an angelfire link, can anyone help me?

biker_jim_uk
03-07-2004, 02:01
try pesfan, there are a few there

GoonerLover66
14-10-2004, 15:18
PES Fan's search engine thing is absolute b*******! It does work and wheneverI click on any link for Zodiberg's Option File it says it can't find it. What's the matter with you Zoidberg, have a link that will let you download your option file!!!

Zoidberg
14-10-2004, 15:28
The links used to work...however it's so out of date now I wouldn't bother. This is the best around, it's the one I use anyway:

http://home.ripway.com/2004-9/168165/V3_PES3_update_v3.0_xport.zip (X-Port)
http://home.ripway.com/2004-9/168165/V3_PES3_update_v3.0_maxdrive.z ip (Max Drive)