For the best lawn care in cedar park, please visit our sponsor at lawn service cedar park They are a local lawn care and landscaping company that provide services in such as lawn care, lawn mowing, weeding, and landscape maintenance in Cedar Park, Austin, Round Rock, and Leander area. They are located at:

Lawn Care Service of Cedar Park 100 E Whitestone Blvd Ste 148, #166 Cedar Park, TX 78613 (512) 595-0884

Reyes/Baptista swap

Viperized

Registered User
ScouseMike14 said:
I thought Reyes had a cracking left peg and could score some good goals, The one against Man City away is an example it's just a shame he couldn't bare getting crunched by typical english defenders as he's a sissy.
Most of the times Reyes scuffed his shots or hit it straight to the keeper. He should've scored against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu (took a weak shot and it goes straight to Casillas) and at Highbury (he was clear on goal but smashes it and hits the bar) but didn't down to his poor finishing.
 

Stella Artois

Registered User
He bottled it big style. He went disappearing in any physical games which is why he'll be fine in Spain.

I liked the guy before all this bollocks, I'm just looking forward to Neville trying to go through the Beast. Not a chance.
 

kallum

Tethlon.
Stella Artois said:
He bottled it big style. He went disappearing in any physical games which is why he'll be fine in Spain.

I liked the guy before all this bollocks, I'm just looking forward to Neville trying to go through the Beast. Not a chance.

:D I can't fucking wait to see that, Big Baps will have him for Breakfast!
 

ATH10

Registered User
im sure baptista will settle in england due to the fact hes got a physical presence unlike reyes
 

notoriousBIG

Registered User
oh yes he will defiantly shine for arsenal. alot of people 4get about rosicky, he needs to play in an attacking position not on the wing, hes a bloody great player, he has been for years, he will not excel on the wing
 

ATH10

Registered User
arsenal have so many players that can play in the hole e.g rosicky, hleb, baptista, van persie their spoilt for choice
 

Viperized

Registered User
ATH10 said:
im sure baptista will settle in england due to the fact hes got a physical presence unlike reyes
The Beast is also already learning English. That is something that Reyes hasn't done in his three years at the club. I would say Baptista was born to play in the Premiership.
 

notoriousBIG

Registered User
ATH10 said:
arsenal have so many players that can play in the hole e.g rosicky, hleb, baptista, van persie their spoilt for choice

but if i had to choose i would pick rosicky, ive seen the mojority of the goals he has scored and they are all pings, so shooting wise hes the best.
 

Viperized

Registered User
notoriousBIG said:
oh yes he will defiantly shine for arsenal. alot of people 4get about rosicky, he needs to play in an attacking position not on the wing, hes a bloody great player, he has been for years, he will not excel on the wing
He won't?

Why was he excellent on the wing while playing for Sparta Prague then?

ATH10 said:
arsenal have so many players that can play in the hole e.g rosicky, hleb, baptista, van persie their spoilt for choice
Baptista isn't a wide player - he is a central player.
 
Last edited:

ATH10

Registered User
notoriousBIG said:
but if i had to choose i would pick rosicky, ive seen the mojority of the goals he has scored and they are all pings, so shooting wise hes the best.

i would choose rosicky aswell but because of his intelligence
 

Singh

The beautiful game
Baptista never proved himself at real madrid, im sure he is made for the prem. But im sure the nev will not be scared of him. Glad to see reyes go, always moaning.
 

ATH10

Registered User
Viperized said:
He won't?

Why was he excellent on the wing while playing for Sparta Prague then?


Baptista isn't a wide player - he is a central player.

i know thats why i said in the hole
 

notoriousBIG

Registered User
Viperized said:
He won't?

Why was he excellent on the wing while playing for Sparta Prague then?


Baptista isn't a wide player - he is a central player.

i dont know mate, i obviously dont have as much football knowledge as you do, but the goal compilations and matches i have seen of him, he excels from playing as an attacking mid.
sorry to not be as wise as you

talking about rosicky here ya no
 

Viperized

Registered User
I think Rosicky should do well on the wing as he played there during his time at Sparta Prague. Thats where he scored that class goal against us at Highbury.
 

Viperized

Registered User
Singh said:
Baptista never proved himself at real madrid, im sure he is made for the prem. But im sure the nev will not be scared of him. Glad to see reyes go, always moaning.
Baptista was doing well when he wasn't used as a defensive midfielder at the end of last season - he scored quite a few goals in his last set of games. Also he was on the bench for most of the time.

Neville better be scared of The Beast. :p
 

ATH10

Registered User
Viperized said:
I think Rosicky should do well on the wing as he played there during his time at Sparta Prague. Thats where he scored that class goal against us at Highbury.

just seen a video of that goal it was great
 

adams9802

Registered User
Giuseppe Rossi said:
I don't think that affected him.
I don't either. I think it was the whole Aragones incident. Afterthat Henry didn't get along with him. He then tried to do to much. The Neville brothers didn't do shit.
 

Talyn

Registered User
Arsenal unquestionably got the better half of the deal. I hope Baptista adapts well to the Premiership.
 

Rossy Boy

New Member
I Think Arsenal got the better deal out this, i didnt really rate reyes they much either so im not sad that his left
 

Scarface

The World Is Yours
Both parties should benefit from the deal. As already mentioned, Julio Baptista appears ready made for the Premiership, and i'm sure he'll be a big success at Arsenal.

Jose Reyes is the more talented, but is much more suited to La Liga and being back in Spanish surroundings, and he probably wouldn't have ever fulfilled his potential at Arsenal. I think he's perfect for Real Madrid, and after a brief settling in period, will have a successful career there.

He gave 100% in every game for Arsenal, and even when playing poorly, never stopped running his socks off, which should be admired considering some of the difficulties he went through during his short career with us. I'm disappointed to see him go, as he has fantastic potential, and it's a shame we'll never see him reach that at Arsenal, but this move is probably for the best.

Apparently there is a clause in his contract that Real Madrid can sign him on a permanent deal for around 22 million euros, so we should be getting back most/all of what we paid for him, if the rumour turns out to be true.

Good luck in Madrid, Jose.
 
Top