Thread: Arsenal
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 17:19   #37086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyyappan View Post
Obviously.Seeing our defensive problems,we would all prefer the most experienced and talented backline to play together over a run of games.Chambers might be a useful option to keep Per on his toes but you will see a lot less of him..maybe in rotation or once our defence gets going...in early FA Cup games.

By the way guys,OZIL is back in training.

You are taking wenger's quote out of context Bishop:

Q: “With regard the defensive problems, are you confident you can solve them on the training pitch or do you have to dip into the transfer market and give them some help?”

A: “Look if everybody is fit and available we don’t need to go on the transfer market. But we have to consider that Koscielny could be a question mark with his fitness and we have to go out on the transfer market, yes.”

He admits the tendonitis if managed properly will require time off for him between games(2 games a week max) and if he has the surgery will require a lay off and since we do not have 8 defenders even if all our players were injured means we are likely to dip in the transfer market.

Also apparently a Lucas Silva bid has been accepted and he is 22 year old brazilian plays as a defensive midfielder,one of his strengths is passing..meaning we will never go for an out and out bulldog and continue in the Arteta/Busquets mould.

I just dream that if we could somehow get Phil Jones it would be perfect,such versatility such talent and young age meaning per or kos can be phased out and he can be ready but he looks Van Gaal's fav defender so wont happen.
It's not really out of context. He says he'll go out into the market if Koscielny's fitness continues to be a problem. He should be going out regardless, for multiple positions. He's always the only one that can't see we're short and has never prioritized the defensive side to the game.

To be honest, I don't know why I still bother reading what he says anymore.
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote