View Single Post
Old 13-08-2011, 20:03   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse James Hunter View Post
Just avoid Dell. At all costs. You'd be better off buying a phone and 50 writing pads as opposed to buying a Dell.

Hold on hold on, I personally, I have the same opinion of dell BUT, the XPS's are said to be a different ballpark, I mean if you had to buy a dell, an XPS would be in the mix for real, its not the same as buying an inspirion or some shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse James Hunter View Post

Just do not waste your money on a Dell, and follow Nifty's advice if you wish to save your sanity. I have a Dell laptop, albeit a few years old now, but it's literally no use whatsoever. Despite very good anti-virus software, and even having no viruses after multiple scans (this is many many months ago now since I've not touched it since), it would still take about 15 minutes to really boot up, 10 minutes more to then get the internet and any other things up such as Windows Messenger etc. So I'll be smashing it to pieces soon just for the sheer fun of it after the frustration it's caused over the years - and this is after two "repairs" as well. I wouldn't even give it to a charity shop, or give it away for free as it is literally incapable of doing it's job.

I'm now using my brother's laptop, which is a Samsung R710, which includes a Blu-ray player, a HD screen (not sure on the size, probably 17"+), and it's a really incredible piece of kit, albeit a little big - but that's expected of course when you have a fairly large screen size! It is maybe 2 years old now mind, but it was around £1000 upon release, so I imagine it'll be £700 or less now, and you'd be far far far better off than buying a Dell.
And this doesn't mean the HARDWARE is shit, this could purely be down to Operating system level issues, like shit loads of processes set to run at startup, or config issues, just saying, personal experiences shape alot of our opinions, but we need to be a little impartial when possible.
Tech_Skill is offline   Reply With Quote