S. Reid

Etherington
Michu
Duff
Dyer

Jelavic
Roberts
Walters

Lindegaard is the only keeper who has a chance of getting a game so I had no selection issues in that department.

Riether and Baird are both facing Chelsea away so I don't fancy starting them and at the same time I reckon Ferdinand will be rested after playing the full game against QPR. Collins should be playing in that game - although he was a sub against Spurs - but even if he does I feel he may concede a few against Man Utd. [b]Hooiveld isn't getting starts so it's pointless risking him while Cahill also is struggling for starts but due to his quality and his potential for a clean sheet, it is worth the risk. Reid is a risky selection but he is back from injury and Olsson is a doubt for WBA. Vertonghen is the safest selection I've made in my defenders but no doubt he'll end up benched now I've said that

Etherington is getting starts ahead of Kightly while Michu is also starting while Dyer struggles. However, due to other circumstances, Dyer will have to be risked. Duff was on the bench for Fulham's last game but his point scoring this season suggests to me this was merely giving him a rest rather than him being dropped. Noble is suspended and Maloney is a major doubt while Guly can't buy a game and M. Taylor is making sporadic appearances.

Pogrebnyak has been dropped from the last few games despite scoring a few goals already for Reading this year but fortunately for me Roberts has been the one brought in. Jelavic isn't scoring as many as I had hoped but he is still a useful player who will hopefully start picking up points for me. Walters often chips in with the odd goal or assist and seems to start whenever he is fit despite Stoke's other attacking options, e.g. Jones who gets very little playing time.

I think I've had too much time on my hands this lunchtime but Nifty inspired me to explain my reasons for my line-up after seeing his.
Phatmann is offline   Reply With Quote