Thread: Muse
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 12:59   #421
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelinho View Post
After five days... Defector is WIA, it is too repetitive. Don't get me wrong, it's still a solid 9/10, but that "WOW" factor from the surprise attack has now vanished. On the other hand The Handler is growing on me, slowly but steadily.
I'm actually really enjoying defector. Can't think of a song in recent years where Matt's guitar sounds so good as it does in the riffs in the second half of that song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lörd TH View Post
Got the full album today, it will probably grow on me but as a whole I think I prefer The 2nd Law over this. This album kinda feels like a collection of unused B-sides from the past 15 years.
Funny you should say that, because the general consensus is that T2L is a mish-mash of genres that doesn't work well, has no flow.

Close yourself in your room, turn off all the lights and listen to the new album. Make sure you know the concept of the album, and it'll blow you away.

I've probably listened to the album as a whole about 50 times in the past week. Songs like Revolt and Aftermath, which I wasn't too keen on after the first listen, I wouldn't even consider skipping now. Drones, which was a serious "WTF, why is this on here?", actually works superbly well as a finale to the album. Blends seamlessly from The Globalist. Again, never skip this track.
Ziss is offline   Reply With Quote