PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming | Total Football Forums
Go Back   PESGaming Forums > General Forums > Technology

Old 07-02-2012, 22:38   #61
fick
  • Supports: Man United / Chicago Bears
  • XBox: ficklered
  • PS3: ficklered
  • Credits:

fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminky View Post
I'm sure I read in another thread to avoid Sony handsets, apparently quite glitchey with their software. I'd like to see how the Razr holds up, if its worth getting I'll probably buy it unlocked from someone like Play.com. I'm so fed up with my HTC desire Z, the only bonus to having this handset was the keyboard but when the phone over heats, the keyboard turns into a fun game of "Guess which key has now become a hot key" and I'll end up typing a message and being transported to random phone functions and apps. Short cuts I've not set.
'Er indooors hasn't had any issues & she is happy enough with it. I don't use it so cannot really say.

If Motorola get back to the heydey of the old Razr (I used to have one on 3, a slightly bulkier one that I think was only available on 3, with a really good battery life, but an allergy to cast iron fire grates as I found out), then it'll doubtless be a gem.

I'd wait if I were you until the hyperbole settles... and the price.

fick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 22:46   #62
Sminky
Banned
  • Credits:

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fick View Post
'Er indooors hasn't had any issues & she is happy enough with it. I don't use it so cannot really say.

If Motorola get back to the heydey of the old Razr (I used to have one on 3, a slightly bulkier one that I think was only available on 3, with a really good battery life, but an allergy to cast iron fire grates as I found out), then it'll doubtless be a gem.

I'd wait if I were you until the hyperbole settles... and the price.
Every phone I've had by Sony Ericsson has turned out to be something of a turkey - so I may give the experia a miss.

Oh christ, there's no chance I'll be spending 400+ on a handset. If it drops below 400 and turns out to be as good as it appears to then I'll definitely pick it up.
Sminky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 00:46   #63
Makavelian
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PS3: Makavelian5408
  • Credits:

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Finally decided to flash new firmware of Gingerbread because froyo was just pissing me off with constant crashes and random reboots. I was very hesitant at doing it though because of the amount of people bricking there phone and stuff like wifi not working when they update. I've got the Samsung Galaxy Sl i9003 and samsung cunts have stopped supporting the phone despite them still supporting shit like galaxy ace.
Flashed once and everything was working perfectly first time with the newest gingerbread using odin and it's like buying a new phone because everything is just running so flawlessly now. I did nearly brick my phone though when i was flashing the chainfire root though, luckily though it was only soft bricked.
Battery life has almost doubled. I think i might start flashing some custom roms now that i'm comfortable with odin.
I just need to learn now how to flash new kernal's.
I might just leave it now though because bricking my phone when i still have 1 and half year contract would be devastating.
Makavelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:24   #64
Gato
Cat O' War!!
  • Supports: Real Madrid
  • PS3: pategato
  • Credits:

Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makavelian View Post
Finally decided to flash new firmware of Gingerbread because froyo was just pissing me off with constant crashes and random reboots. I was very hesitant at doing it though because of the amount of people bricking there phone and stuff like wifi not working when they update. I've got the Samsung Galaxy Sl i9003 and samsung cunts have stopped supporting the phone despite them still supporting shit like galaxy ace.
Flashed once and everything was working perfectly first time with the newest gingerbread using odin and it's like buying a new phone because everything is just running so flawlessly now.
Battery life has almost doubled. I think i might start flashing some custom roms now that i'm comfortable with odin.
I just need to learn now how to flash new kernal's.
I might just leave it now though because bricking my phone when i still have 1 and half year contract would be devastating.
Could you please post how you did it?
Have an LG Optimus running froyo and want to install 2.3 as well. Thx.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:49   #65
Sweey
Administrator
Hall of Fame:  - Issue reason:  
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PS3: calcio_di_rigore
  • Credits:

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

The best way to do it is to flash a generic ROM via Odin and then flash the appropriate CF-Root kernel for that firmware. This allows you to update future firmware or applications through ClockWorkMod (CWM) which is more reliable than Odin.

I recently flashed my Galaxy S II with the generic XXLPQ ROM (ICS - Android 4.03), applied the CF-Root 5.4 kernel and then used CWM to flash a rooted, deodexed XWLP3 ROM (stock 4.03 so no Touchwiz overlay), applied the ICS Domination 4.1 theme (via CWM), used one of the many root explorers to update my GPS satellites with a file from the internet to ensure virtually instant lock-on, added the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) gallery app (via CWM) and am loving the feel and behaviour of the phone since. I'm also using Go Launcher and Go Locker now instead of the TouchWiz Launcher and the associated lock screen. I tried Apex Launcher as well but prefer Go Launcher.

The only problem now is that the LP7 ROM has seen development and is meant to be an improvement over LP3 (which in turn is better than the LPQ I oriignally started out with since moving to ICS).

The best place to go for guidance is a tech forum but not XDA Developers (it is brilliant for finding files but confusing as fuck sometimes due to the vast quantity).
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:55   #66
Makavelian
  • Credits:

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Can you be a bit more specific with your model and I'll find a stock firmware gingerbread for you.
You should find an updated rom by googling ''(your phone model) stock roms gingerbread xda'' (xda forum has got everything android) you should find a thread with download links.
What I did on my phone is....
Edit... I just deleted the rest of this post because its pointless because your phone might be different.
Just post the full model of your phone and I'll help you. You should post which version of froyo your on(example xxkpn) because you sometimes need to to update to a specific one because there's many gingerbread stock roms.
Its pretty simple once you download the rom file. You just need odin installed and make sure all the drivers are installed on your pc, then pick the pdf file in odin and locate the rom and press start and your phone will update with a progress bar on the screen. I'll give you more detailed info if needed.

Edit.. Few tips .
Make sure your battery is over 80% before you go in download mode preparing to flash.

After installing a rom go in recovery mode and clear the chache.

BACK UP VPN!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:07   #67
Sweey
Administrator
  • Credits:

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Odin always carries a risk - I've had many ROM update failures which have eventually worked at the fifth or sixth time of asking. I've even had failures because the new ROM didn't like the existing ROM even though both were generic from the same sequence of releases. Far too tempremental for my liking.

Now that I've got CWM on my phone I'll never go back to Odin unless it is to put CWM on a new device.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:16   #68
Makavelian
  • Credits:

You will not face any problems if your installing a stock rom if you disable firewall and anti virus and other shit what's running on your pc and all the drivers are correctly installed.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:58   #69
Gato
Cat O' War!!
  • Supports: Real Madrid
  • PS3: pategato
  • Credits:

Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

LG Optimus V
VM670
Virgin Mobile USA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 13:20   #70
Sweey
Administrator
  • Credits:

Quote:
You will not face any problems if your installing a stock rom if you disable firewall and anti virus and other shit what's running on your pc and all the drivers are correctly installed.
Yes you will actually. Just search Google.

Also, what crazy individual would disable their firewall and anti-virus for this? Odin isn't using hooks and if it were plenty of people would want to know why. It is writing a series of files to a phone.
Old 06-04-2012, 15:05   #71
Makavelian
  • Credits:

Many ROM developers all stress that you should disable anti virus, firewall and Kies.

@Pategato There's know official stock gingerbread roms for your device.
You'd Have to use a custom Rom.
Old 06-04-2012, 15:22   #72
Sweey
Administrator
  • Credits:

Quote:
Many ROM developers all stress that you should disable anti virus, firewall and Kies.

@Pategato There's know official stock gingerbread roms for your device.
You'd Have to use a custom Rom.
Yes but Kies is a given as it will detect Odin and block it. Its annoying that Samsung bundle the correct drivers within a Kies installation. Anti-virus and firewall are claimed potential problems for games and their installers - its the absurd aspect of "hey to get rid of a potential conflict do this even though it won't change anything".

Plus, this doesn't explain Odin failing five times at the same file then completing at the sixth attempt (one example). It has issues and they are well known. From my own experience, standard USB cables from HTC are more prone to causing failed Odin updates than the Samsung ones and yet the Samsung ones can fail quite a bit.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:39   #73
Foxhound
  • Supports: Manchester United & DPMM FC
  • PS3: skullverine
  • Credits:

Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Any app recommendation that allows me to use a password or pattern in order to launch an app?
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 01:24   #74
Makavelian
  • Credits:

I've just tried to buy Vice City and it tells me I've got incorrect card details because I've recently got a new debit card. So I then update my card details and purchase again because I got an email saying the first attempt at purchasing it was cancelled. But notice now thay I've now been charged twice

Any advise on how I could get a refund ?

Edit...
Ive just gone to my google wallet and it says one has been cancelled, so hopefully it will not be refunded. It's only a few quid but it's still annoying.
Old 01-02-2013, 16:57   #75
Makavelian
  • Credits:

Got my S3 about a week ago and I'm now on my third one already.
First one bricked when updating Kies (piece of shirt software), second one I've had for about a week and noticed there was some dead pixels on the screen. Both them came with ICS on and the insane chip (sudden death syndrome) Thankfully this already had Jelly bean installed and using the emmc checker shows that I have the sane chip

I must say car phone warehouse are excellent for swapping phones. Both times they swapped the phone without checking if there actually was anything wrong. The one I took back today was rooted, on a custom rom and kernel.

I know 4.1.2 supposedly fixed it but I've got a bit more piece of mind that it won't randomly die on me. Touch wood

My mates died the other day by just by being lefton charge all night, but he was still on Ice cream sandwich.