PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 09-04-2004, 05:43   #46
duffers

duffers is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaBoys
would a move north of the border jepordise beattie's england prospects somewhat??? because in the premiership he will be playing top opposition week in week out pretty much, but in the spl he would only be getting 4 big games & the odd CL game every couple of weeks, depending on how far rangers get... saying that though, mcfadden would be a good buy for rangers, he's not getting a game at everton & it would be good for the club to rely on good scottish talent, instead of foreigners ala celtic with larsson...
a chelsea fan mentioning foriegners? rich that.

duffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 05:49   #47
ChelseaDave

ChelseaDave has disabled reputation

we have the most english internationals in our team out of the whole premiership thank you (that i can think of anyway) and damien duff is irish, which is part of the british isles...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ChelseaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 06:01   #48
duffers

duffers is an unknown

Quote:
we have the most english internationals in our team out of the whole premiership thank you (that i can think of anyway) and damien duff is irish, which is part of the british isles...
you have wayne bridge and john terry. the rest are 1st team internationals are they. and ireland isnt in the UK so according to FIFA he's a foriegner.
duffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 06:09   #49
ChelseaDave

Lampard, Parker, Johnson & Cole u missed out. They might not be regulars, but they still have had caps for england.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:17   #50
LiamK

LiamK has disabled reputation

Hmm, people still seem to be abiding by the old stereotype that Chelsea are a bunch of old foreigners, despite the recent influx of young English talent. Chelsea got slaughtered by the media and football pundits for having loads of foreigners in their team, but now look at Arsenal and Liverpool and there's hardly a word said about them!
LiamK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 06:26   #51
Lisbon67Seville03

Lisbon67Seville03 is an unknown

Quote:
would a move north of the border jepordise beattie's england prospects somewhat??? because in the premiership he will be playing top opposition week in week out pretty much, but in the spl he would only be getting 4 big games & the odd CL game every couple of weeks, depending on how far rangers get... saying that though, mcfadden would be a good buy for rangers, he's not getting a game at everton & it would be good for the club to rely on good scottish talent, instead of foreigners ala celtic with larsson...
shaun maloney, craig beattie, ross wallace, john kennedy (save recovery), david marshall, aiden mcgeady, rocco quinn, jackie macnamara, paul lambert, rab douglas, jamie smith, stephen pearson. These names mean anything to you? They have all been capped at some level by Scotland and are all contracted to Celtic. we rely on good scottish talent more than rangers did earlier in the season. Hutton, Burke and co have changed that and it can only mean good things for Scottish football, but please think before you act, Celtic rely heavily on their Scottish talent.
Oh.
Well, replace the word kinda with the word repeatedly and the word dog with son.
Lisbon67Seville03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 08:23   #52
ChelseaDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbon67Seville03
shaun maloney, craig beattie, ross wallace, john kennedy (save recovery), david marshall, aiden mcgeady, rocco quinn, jackie macnamara, paul lambert, rab douglas, jamie smith, stephen pearson. These names mean anything to you? They have all been capped at some level by Scotland and are all contracted to Celtic. we rely on good scottish talent more than rangers did earlier in the season. Hutton, Burke and co have changed that and it can only mean good things for Scottish football, but please think before you act, Celtic rely heavily on their Scottish talent.
my mistake. i must say that Marshall is a quality keeper. he had a blinder against Barcelona & he made some good saves against rangers. definately one for the future. Stephen Pearson is a good player on the ball aswell, and Kennedy looks a good defender (had a great game against Barcelona), completely forgot about those.

Old 09-04-2004, 10:20   #53
Lisbon67Seville03

Quote:
my mistake. i must say that Marshall is a quality keeper. he had a blinder against Barcelona & he made some good saves against rangers. definately one for the future. Stephen Pearson is a good player on the ball aswell, and Kennedy looks a good defender (had a great game against Barcelona), completely forgot about those.
not a problem, mate. the hype of celtic will be almost non-existant south of the border. shocking what happened to Kennedy tho, aweful challenge. Also good to see Chelsea involving more English boys, likes of Bridge, Terry, Lampard, Joey Cole, Carlton Cole and Johnson. Hope the first three make it too Euro 2004. Bridge has been better than Ash Cole this season in my opinion and Lampard has been the best player in the premiership. Terry/Campbell partnership, its almost too much physicality.
Oh.
Well, replace the word kinda with the word repeatedly and the word dog with son.
Old 09-04-2004, 20:57   #54
wr50l
(un)original

wr50l has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Hull city chasing Rangers youngster

RANGERS on-loan striker Steven MacLean is a summer transfer for Hull City. The 21-year-old has been in sensational form at Scun_thorpe and is in the running for the Division Three Player of the Year title.
Former England boss Peter Taylor, now in charge at Hull city, has earmarked the player for his side who look certain to clinch promotion this season.
He said: "Itís certainly true to say to say that we are interested in Steven MacLean and I have been impressed on the occasions that Iíve been to watch him. His movement is good and he knows how to score goals. We have made an enquiry about his availability, although we realise that he is on loan away from Rangers at the moment."
"He is someone who I rate highly and has always done well when heís played aganst us so Iíll have to wait and see what the position is going to be with him."
The youngster has always insisted that he would love the opportunity to establish himself at Ibrox and he has one year left to run on his deal.

Meanwhile Alex McLeish has confirmed that he watched Monaco star Dado Prso but says the Croat is not a top target.
McLeish admitted he was impressed by the striker but said he was just one name on a list of players he was looking at.

wr50l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 21:50   #55
Gizmondo

Gizmondo has disabled reputation

If Steven McLean leaves the club, I'm going to be mighty angry.
I would much rather we had him than Prso, y'know the whole Scottish vibe thing.
Gizmondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:11   #56
wr50l
(un)original

Prso the proven striker in Europe or a young scot who is excelling in Div. 3?

Old 10-04-2004, 08:55   #57
Lisbon67Seville03

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldrecord50leagues
Prso the proven striker in Europe or a young scot who is excelling in Div. 3?
Prso isnt proven. He is well renound as being over-rated. Sure, he scored 4 against Deportivo, but his header was only because he is a big, tall fella and the rest were basically tap-ins in which giuly did all the work. Speaking of Giuly, what a performance against Real Madrid, really is a fantastic player.
Oh.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:04   #58
wr50l
(un)original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbon67Seville03
Prso isnt proven. He is well renound as being over-rated. Sure, he scored 4 against Deportivo, but his header was only because he is a big, tall fella and the rest were basically tap-ins in which giuly did all the work. Speaking of Giuly, what a performance against Real Madrid, really is a fantastic player.
I he makes those tap-ins for Rangers then I'll be happy, we have enough creating strikers, (sort of) but we don't have a predator.

Quote:
his header was only because he is a big tall fella
Is he supposed to shrink so that it's fairer on the defenders, he was using an advantage, if he uses it and scores then i won't complain.

Old 10-04-2004, 14:49   #59
Lisbon67Seville03

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldrecord50leagues

Is he supposed to shrink so that it's fairer on the defenders, he was using an advantage, if he uses it and scores then i won't complain.
totally man, good point. I didn't word it properly, I meant that he wasnt a very talented striker and one of his only strengths is that his height lets him win many headers.
Oh.
Old 10-04-2004, 15:54   #60
Gizmondo

Gizmondo has disabled reputation

I'm just plain ol' sick of foreigners, I want Scottish players for a Scottish team.
We have a big tough guy anyway, and he's Scottish.
Gizmondo is offline   Reply With Quote