PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 02-01-2014, 06:22   #16
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Yeah, I'm reading a lot about this lucky business. I guess I should hope for a chip that will run @4.5Ghz and if it works out be happy with that.

As regards cooling it, I was looking into the H110 but it doesn't look half as nice as the H100i and doesn't offer the fan control options or the LED light on the block, despite that it's supposed to be slightly better in performance due to the larger rad and fans.

It's a ballz picking one of them but I guess that's all part of the fun.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 21:23   #17
Dundon's
W.G.P

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweey View Post
@Dundon's

The first thing you want to do is forget about 4.8Ghz completely. It isn't heat that is going to be your limiting factor, it'll be the chip lottery. My chip simply will not do 4.5Ghz under any circumstances and it isn't a heat or voltage issue. I'm running at 1.248V and could probably lower it a bit for 4.4 but don't want to fiddle around further having run into various issues getting a stable 4.4.

My motherboard acknowledged I had the processor speed set to 4.4Ghz but was reporting 3.8Ghz at POST which, although perhaps incorrect as CPU-Z would report 4.4Ghz, left me dissatisfied and ultimately led to my motherboard refusing to boot until I removed the CMOS battery and put it back in again. There are various different ways to get to 4.4Ghz as well and I finally settled on the one I am happiest with.

My idle temps are 24-27 degrees. I can't remember the load temperatures at present but I remember being more than happy.

The Corsair H105 came today in the post so I went to work on my OC.

Anyways...

She's running stable now @4.4Ghz and that at 1.2v. My idle temps are 25-30 but that's not where this bit of kit excels. On full load the hottest core is 59. Over all the temps on each core are well balanced which makes me extremely happy with the CPU.

Got it running at 4.5Ghz aswell but went to 1.275v and it wasn't stable. I might give it the extra bit and bump it upto 1.3v later but I'm not too sure if I could be bothered.

The Corsair H105 is getting top marks from me, aside from how great and elegant it looks in the case she preforms marvellously.

All in all a happy camper.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 17-02-2014, 03:07   #18
Dundon's
W.G.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweey View Post
@Dundon's

My chip simply will not do 4.5Ghz under any circumstances and it isn't a heat or voltage issue. I'm running at 1.248V and could probably lower it a bit for 4.4 but don't want to fiddle around further having run into various issues getting a stable 4.4.
Just doubling back on this post. Like yourself Sweey I've no problem getting 4.4Ghz @ 1.25v (gave it a bit extra for stability reasons) but no matter what, even at 1.3v I can't get a stable overclock @4.5GHz. She posts/boots and all that even at 4.6GHz @1.25v but after a few minutes stressing it freezes up or gives me the blue screen.

Temps are never an issue either as I'm yet to see anything over 65.

So my question really is do you think if I reseached and looked into more fine tuning on the motherbaord I could get more out of this chip or is it a lost cause?

With my temps been so low it's bugging me that I can't push her more.

Old 17-02-2014, 19:38   #19
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundon's View Post
Just doubling back on this post. Like yourself Sweey I've no problem getting 4.4Ghz @ 1.25v (gave it a bit extra for stability reasons) but no matter what, even at 1.3v I can't get a stable overclock @4.5GHz. She posts/boots and all that even at 4.6GHz @1.25v but after a few minutes stressing it freezes up or gives me the blue screen.

Temps are never an issue either as I'm yet to see anything over 65.

So my question really is do you think if I reseached and looked into more fine tuning on the motherbaord I could get more out of this chip or is it a lost cause?

With my temps been so low it's bugging me that I can't push her more.
Lost cause I'd say. Its that old "luck of the draw" situation with chips I'm afraid.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 19:51   #20
Dundon's
W.G.P

Hmmm I think you're right. I would of just loved to have hit 4.5GHz/4.6GHZ, then I would feel satisfied.

Would you chance going over 1.3V? I read anything under 1.35v is safe, yet my bios shows red numbers as soon as I bang in 1.3v so I left it at 1.295v just because I didn't like the look of it. I'm just curious to know what I have to set it to make it stable.

Old 17-02-2014, 20:09   #21
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I believe you can run at up to 1.4V but you're damaging the chip by doing so. I really wouldn't bother trying.
Old 18-02-2014, 06:40   #22
Dundon's
W.G.P

Yeah I tried 1.3v and still not stable, like you said I think I should be happy to settle for 4.4GHz especially considering the diminishing return of going over 1.3V.

In the meantime I've got my Ram now stable @1866 with only a tiny bump on the voltage, 1.5v default to 1.575v. The timings are a bit loose at 11-11-11-32 and I could tighten them up but it's solid as a rock.

Old 21-07-2016, 11:34   #23
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

How easy is it to remove your old CPU cooler and the thermal gunk? Thinking of overclocking my CPU in my week off in August (as well as buying a new GPU)

also, if say I just wanted a simple overclock, is it as simple as setting the multiplier to say 42x (4.2ghz) and the voltage to say 1.2 and just checking if that runs, and then running the stress tests? Are they the only settings I need to change initially?

Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2016, 17:08   #24
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
How easy is it to remove your old CPU cooler and the thermal gunk? Thinking of overclocking my CPU in my week off in August (as well as buying a new GPU)

also, if say I just wanted a simple overclock, is it as simple as setting the multiplier to say 42x (4.2ghz) and the voltage to say 1.2 and just checking if that runs, and then running the stress tests? Are they the only settings I need to change initially?
It is relatively easy Jonno, plenty of guides on the internet.

Overclocking results are chip-dependent but yes a small overclock is about as easy as that. What I've noticed lately, however, is that stress testing runs fine but games crash. Stress testing my GPU overclock went amazing but Dying Light kept crashing - reduced the overclock and it was fine and nothing has crashed since. Processors will be the same.

You may not need to increase the voltage much for the overclock, equally you may have to increase it a lot. Just follow guides around safe voltages for your processor and take things slowly.
Old 21-07-2016, 17:22   #25
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

The 4.2ghz and 1.2v is a very common "starter" one I see for my cpu and mobo. Think I'll just try that from the off and see if it sticks. No need to much higher than that imo right now

Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote