PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 12-11-2007, 20:58   #1
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

PC Graphics Cards

For PC graphic card discussion and questions.

Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 21:00   #2
Wan
PESGaming legend in opposite world
  • Supports: Chelsea

Wan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by Ali

What's the best graphic card I can get on cheap with great performance?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 21:01   #3
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

You need to specify what you want to do on your computer (if playing games, which ones) and how much you're willing to spend.
Old 12-11-2007, 21:02   #4
Wan

Wan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Playing games.
$200.

Old 12-11-2007, 21:22   #5
Sweey
*RETIRED*

I have no idea how much that money relates to here.

The G92 architecture nVidia Geforce 8800GT (512MB version) comes close to the 8800GTX and Ultra at resolutions possibly up to 1680x1050 but then the gap widens. It is as good as the 640MB Geforce 8800GTS and has made the 320MB Geforce 8800GTS obsolete. All cards except the 8800GT are G80 architecutre.

Now isn't a good time to buy though. ATi will announce/release on the 15th and nVidia on the 19th more cards. ATi's will be an intended rival to the 8800GT, likely sitting below their best current card the Radeon HD2900XT. nVidia are expected to announce G92 architecture 8800GTS models.

I also posted this a week or two ago:

Quote:
For anyone buying components be aware:

The newly released 512MB Geforce 8800GT priced at around £170 is much better than the 640MB Geforce 8800GTS priced at around £240 and is a gaming card. The 320MB Geforce 8800GTS will no longer be manufactured.

The 8800GT is based on G92 architecutre, a 65nm process which makes it cheaper yet more powerful than the G80, 92nm architecture 8800GTS and is aimed at Vista, DirectX 10 users though it works perfectly fine in XP under DirectX 9 as one would expect. The 8800GT comes ridiculously close in performance to the stupidly expensive 8800GTX and Ultra until you game at a resolution higher than 1680x1050. The only time an 8800GT beats a GTX is for HD-DVD and BluRay playback as G92 cards do the decoding on the chip while G80 cards (GFX included) get the CPU to decode.

The 8800GT boasts 112 stream processes working at 1.5Ghz, far in excess of the 96 at 1.2Ghz on the 8800 GTS. The GTX which just shades performance at lower resolutions has 128 at 1.35Ghz. To compensate, the memory bus bandwidth is 256-bit on the 8800GT, 320-bit on the poorer 8800GTS and 378-bit on the GTX, hence the latter's performance gains at extremely high resolutions.

ATi are to release a new video card in around three weeks which could rival the superb price/performance ratio of the 8800GT and though new GTS releases with 112 stream processes are rumoured, if these remain G80 architecture they are unlikely to match the performance of an 8800GT.

Fun times ahead on the graphics front for PC users with the 9th series of Geforce cards just around the corner and looking fantastic.
Old 12-11-2007, 21:33   #6
MacBook Pro

MacBook Pro is an unknown

* NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

This is what you need wan109
MacBook Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 01:45   #7
-=[101st]=-
Super 14 Champions 2006

-=[101st]=- has disabled reputation

the 8600 cards are pretty average, if you can afford a 8800gt then definately get that, if not the 8600 arent bad for the price.

However i'd wait a little longer and put together a money for a 8800gt if you're serious about wanting to play the latest games.
-=[101st]=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 05:12   #8
Jesus
Banned

Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the 8800 GT now.

I've read what Sweey posted a few times already!
Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 08:25   #9
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Pique, remember the dates above though: ATi expected to launch a new card on Thursday, nVidia next week. If nVidia launch a new GTS it will certainly cost more than the GT but it should still have a good price/performance ratio.
Old 13-11-2007, 08:38   #10
Jesus
Banned

Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

It should be expensive and I can't afford anything more than that.
Old 13-11-2007, 13:12   #11
Wan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post
* NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

This is what you need wan109
This is what you need Pique.

Old 13-11-2007, 13:47   #12
o0oGedo0o
"ThE liTtlE PhAraOh"
  • PSN: painkilling

o0oGedo0o has discovered the General Forums. God help us.o0oGedo0o has discovered the General Forums. God help us.o0oGedo0o has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

i have a 7600 gs 512 MB, it's a decent graphics card, maybe not the best around but i read in a lot of reviews that it has the best performance/price ratio.
o0oGedo0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 21:18   #13
Sweey
*RETIRED*

512MB 8800GT benchmarks

GameSpot (compared to 768MB 8800GTX, 512MB Radeon HD 2900 XT and 640MB 8800 GTS)

Tom's Hardware (compared to 768MB 8800GTX, 512MB Radeon HD 2900 XT, 640MB 8800 GTS, 320MB 8800GTS, 512MB 8600GTS)

More news to follow in the next few weeks with the Radeon HD 3700 series being launched on Thursday and nVidia expected to launch their G92-based 8800GTS and 8800GTX. The forthcoming GTS and GTX are expected to obliterate the existing ones.
Old 14-11-2007, 09:58   #14
Jesus
Banned

Quote:
Nvidia was offering us only small bites around the perimeter of the GeForce 8 shortbread cookie, when what we really wanted was the dollop of strawberry jam sitting in the middle. If you imagine the most delicious jam in the world--made from ambrosia, beautiful strawberries, and hand-stirred by Oompa-Loompas--it would probably taste like a GeForce 8800 GT.
I love that bit. I've phoned a few 'computer shops' yesterday but none of them had the 8800 GT. I'll be phoning more of them today but unless I can't find the 8800 GT, what are any other cheap/good alternatives? There was a shop that had 256/320 mb 8800 GT, will that be good to play new games like Gears of War and the upcoming games?
Old 14-11-2007, 10:31   #15
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pique View Post
I love that bit. I've phoned a few 'computer shops' yesterday but none of them had the 8800 GT. I'll be phoning more of them today but unless I can't find the 8800 GT, what are any other cheap/good alternatives? There was a shop that had 256/320 mb 8800 GT, will that be good to play new games like Gears of War and the upcoming games?
What resolution are you going to be gaming at? I can't recall. If 1280x1024 or below, the 256MB GT might be fine but nobody is certain it is identical to the 512MB version. If gaming up to 1680x1050 you want the 512MB version only. Anything above and you're firmly in GTX territory. Some users claim they game at 1900-odd x whatever the other value is on an 8800GT but I think that's stretching the card. ATi release tomorrow...