PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 04-04-2008, 15:48   #46
Jesus
Banned

Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

That 9800 GTX is a disgrace.

Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:02   #47
Jesus
Banned

Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

9900?!
Old 05-04-2008, 10:45   #48
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
9900?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Sweey View Post
02/04:

The Geforce 9800GTX came out yesterday. Really not worth purchasing for anyone using an 8800GTX, GTS or GT. Rumours are that a 9900GTX and GX2 will be released in two or three months. I never buy a GTX as I don't game at over 1680x1050 and my PSU doesn't have two six-pin power connectors. I've had a GX2 before and frankly its too expensive for what it provides - SLi support but only in SLi-enabled games...which isn't enough games. I await the next GT or GTS.
Yep.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:30   #49
Jesus
Banned

I was talking about the image I found and posted. It is edited, surely?

It is similar to one of the 7900 cards...
Old 06-04-2008, 10:09   #50
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
I was talking about the image I found and posted. It is edited, surely?

It is similar to one of the 7900 cards...
Chances are its a 9800...or 8800. After all, the 9800 is a recycled 8800.
Old 24-07-2008, 19:29   #51
I.N Extasy

I.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneI.N Extasy has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

If anyone gave a shit; Ati have made two new cards, the 4850 and 4870 which had an outstanding price to performance ratio, which led to nVidia drastically lowering the prices of most of their cards.

Nice, to see Ati making a move. I wonder what the two of them have in store for next year.
I.N Extasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2008, 13:56   #52
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Thanks to ATi, nVidia have been forced to drastically reduce the price of their GTX260. At launch, the HD 4870 undercut the GTX260 by about £60 and was faster in almost every game. I've bought a HD 4870, my first ATi card ever, and don't regret it.

The HD 4850, available at around £110, is an exceptional card for its price. The HD 4870, typically £170-190, is hugely overclockable (as is the HD 4850) and can run games such as Race Driver GRID at 1920x1200 with an FPS of over 50 and as much as 100 using 8xMSAA. nVidia brought the GTX260 out at around £250 and the GTX280 at around £450. Both ATi cards support DirectX 10.1, as did the HD 38XX cards but nVidia's cards only support DirectX 10. This isn't a major issue at present due to the lack of games supporting DX10 but shows future-proofing.

The GTX280 remains the fastest single graphics card but only starts to pull away at a distance when gaming at 2560x1600 which is the native resolution of a 30" monitor.

Add to that the fact that SLi (nVidia's dual-card technology) far inferior to CrossFire (ATi's dual-card technology) and you can buy two HD 4850's for under £240 and two HD 4870's for under £400. The GTX280 costs £300-400.

nVidia have announced a big surprise in September which there are rumours about. Thanks to AMD, though, prices are continuing to fall and PC hardware has already blitzed "next-gen" console hardware.
Old 23-10-2008, 12:10   #53
PESFan92
  • Supports: West Ham United & Dagenham & Redbridge
  • XBox: smv92, PeS92

PESFan92 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.PESFan92 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.PESFan92 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I need a new graphics card. I play Flight Simulator X and i want a new graphics card, so i can play it with all settings set to Ultra-high and not have any lag.

Anyone know a good one? price is not an issue, but would be nice if its below 300.
PESFan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 12:25   #54
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PESFan92 View Post
I need a new graphics card. I play Flight Simulator X and i want a new graphics card, so i can play it with all settings set to Ultra-high and not have any lag.

Anyone know a good one? price is not an issue, but would be nice if its below £300.
The very top cards tend to be under £300 now. I believe the latest top-end cards are the ATi Radeon HD4870X2 and nVidia GTX280. Both require two 6-pin PCI-E connectors on your power supply.

You might want to look into that a tiny bit more as I've not paid attention to the market for a couple of months.
Old 12-02-2009, 18:52   #55
Singey
  • Supports: Liverpool

Singey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Im thinking of getting a 9800GT, specifically this one, as it seems pretty cheap.

I checked my PSU last night and it was 400W max - the 9800GT specs show it doesnt use too much power, but I was wondering if anyone could fill me in as to whether 400W would be enough? I ask because I dont exactly know how much the average PC uses, and also, if anyone knows the power consumption of an 8500GT (?)
Singey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 19:52   #56
Sweey
*RETIRED*

http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/produc...es/9800GT.aspx

The PSU requirement for a 9800GT is 400W and for an 8500GT is 300W due to the former being more powerful. If purchasing the 9800GT, ensure your PSU has a 6-pin PCI-E connector.

If you had a greater PSU, you could buy a vastly superior card for not much more.

In fact, have you considered the ATi Radeon HD 4670? Check some reviews comparing this to the 9800GT.
Old 12-02-2009, 20:38   #57
Singey

Singey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

I'll have a look at the HD4670 for sure.

I looked at the 9800GT because it was under £100, I didnt want to go too much over that, however I now understand that if my computer starts fecking up (i'm aware of the signs of an overloaded PSU) then I might just have to get a 500W. Lucklily PSU's seem to be fairly cheap.

In terms of replacing the PSU, I would assume theres a bit more hassle invloved than a simple swap as with the GFX card. Could you clarify that?

Dont have a PCI-E connector, i'm getting an adapter though.
Old 12-02-2009, 20:56   #58
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singey View Post
I'll have a look at the HD4670 for sure.

I looked at the 9800GT because it was under £100, I didnt want to go too much over that, however I now understand that if my computer starts fecking up (i'm aware of the signs of an overloaded PSU) then I might just have to get a 500W. Lucklily PSU's seem to be fairly cheap.

In terms of replacing the PSU, I would assume theres a bit more hassle invloved than a simple swap as with the GFX card. Could you clarify that?

Dont have a PCI-E connector, i'm getting an adapter though.
I'm not sure if adapters are any good. As for a cheap power supply - never buy a cheap one. Unless you're buying a good one and it just so happens to be a good deal :>

All recent graphics cards will require at least one 6-pin PCI-E connector, some will require two although those are generally top end cards for heavy gaming.
Old 12-02-2009, 21:46   #59
Singey

Im hoping it requires just the one. I've now ordered both the 9800GT and the adapter, not sure if the adapter is going to be that great, but we shall see. What other options are there, can you buy 6-pin PCI-E connectors?
Old 12-02-2009, 21:51   #60
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singey View Post
Im hoping it requires just the one. I've now ordered both the 9800GT and the adapter, not sure if the adapter is going to be that great, but we shall see. What other options are there, can you buy 6-pin PCI-E connectors?
Sorry I'm awake now :faceplm:

The adapter will be fine. Not sure where my head was when I said I don't know about them. You just have to make sure the rated amps on the 12V rail are able to handle the graphics card.