User Tag List

Old 22-09-2009, 18:11   #16
Gaher911
  • PSN: Gaher

Gaher911 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Sweey View Post
Extreme what though?

If you mean Core 2 Extreme compared to Core 2 Duo then the former has an unlocked multiplier and MAY have one or two other tiny advantages but simply isn't worth hundreds of pounds more which is what it begins retailing at before the price collapses. You don't want an unlocked multiplier unless you're severely overclocking the machine - my old Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz processor was overclocked to 3.6Ghz and I didn't need an unlocked multiplier.
yea it's the Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor ...
what is overclocking and "unlocked multiplier" >>> i'am noobish when it comes to computer stuff .

Gaher911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 18:54   #17
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaher911 View Post
yea it's the Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor ...
what is overclocking and "unlocked multiplier" >>> i'am noobish when it comes to computer stuff .
Something you don't want to mess with if you're new to computers as incorrect overclocking can quickly damage the processor or RAM as you'll end up fiddling with voltages.

To that end, you don't want one of Intel's extreme processors. There really is no benefit to most people, even the vast majority of enthusiasts. Its sort of what you want if you're trying to set a new world record for overclocking.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 19:16   #18
Gaher911
  • PSN: Gaher

Gaher911 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

got it...
thanx a lot man.
Gaher911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 08:48   #19
Shinlung
Banned
  • Supports: Liverpool FC, FC Barcelona & Mark Hughes

Shinlung is an unknown

I own an Intel E8400 CPU, and I would like to overclock it to the maximum speed possible.Since I'm a novice in computer hardware, I'm in a bit of a bind.I'd be much obliged if you could kindly show me how to go about it.Thanks sincerely.
Shinlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 09:42   #20
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinlung View Post
I own an Intel E8400 CPU, and I would like to overclock it to the maximum speed possible.Since I'm a novice in computer hardware, I'm in a bit of a bind.I'd be much obliged if you could kindly show me how to go about it.Thanks sincerely.
Google. You will find specific instructions regarding your exact processor.

You must buy a third-party heatsink and replace the stock one that comes with it or you won't get much more than a 10% overclock without undesirable temperatures.

Overclocking can include the changing of voltages which, if done wrongly, will destroy your hardware. That shouldn't happen these days due to fail-safes the hardware has but it is still possible in some cases.

Overclocking is also dependent on your motherboard's capabilities - some are better than others through stability and options available.
Old 17-09-2011, 04:28   #21
simplyjo

simplyjo is an unknown

Omg
simplyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 06:51   #22
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Was conisidering getting the i7 4770k for me new build and using the older i5 3570k as the 2nd PC in the house which would allow me to move the current 2nd PC back into my arcade machine which has been parked up for the best part of a year now.

Anyways...

Since you currently bought one Sweey I thought I'd get your opinion on the chip in general, stuff like what are you using it for, how she preforms, what kind of an OC did you get or was it overkill?

I'm really in 2 minds if to keep my i5 3570k as the prime PC and buy an AMD chip or to go the extra mile and just upgrade altogether to the superior model as I'm almost finished the build regardless.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 08:53   #23
Sweey
*RETIRED*

If you're mostly gaming you won't see a benefit going to i7. I use a Windows 7 virtual machine and that's one of the situations where an i7 would perform better than an i5.

The 4770k is a lovely chip and I'm pleased with both it and the cooling performance from the Noctua.

Unfortunately due to the usual chip lottery mine will not overclock to 4.5Ghz - the system won't boot or it gets to Windows has display issues and reboots itself. Some chips go to 4.8ish, some only to 4.2.

You would probably be better served to get an AMD processor for the second PC and leave the main one as is.
Old 24-11-2013, 07:53   #24
Dundon's
W.G.P

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

I'm considering going with the FX 8350, it's supposed to be an excellent gamer chip and overclocks like a boss.

The only thing holding me back is that there really isn't that much of a savings up against the new Haswell i5 (30) though the motherboards are coming in that bit cheaper.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:57   #25
Dundon's
W.G.P

Had an i7 4770k at the checkout on Amazon for 235 only for the seller to refuse to ship to Ireland even though it was a Prime item and eligible for free shipping.

Anyways and moving on the bloody price of these Haswell seems to be rising by the hour, both the i5 4670k and the i7 4770k are juming up pounds across the board, especially overclockers, they're looking for 191 for i5 and 269!!! for the i7. Pixmania are the cheapest I could find coming in at 176 for the i5 and
248 for the i7 and that's with free shipping.

Do you mind me asking where did you pick it up and how much did you pay for your i7?

Old 01-01-2014, 12:27   #26
Sweey
*RETIRED*

I got mine for just under 250 from Amazon as I had run out of time to wait. If you see it for under 235 as I did once (but didn't buy it grrr) then don't hesitate. 235-240 is also very good and 245 isn't bad at all.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:05   #27
Dundon's
W.G.P

I found a site in Latvia selling them for €208, the rest of their goods are pretty much on a par with what you'd expect.

http://www.dateks.lv/en/cenas/88/800...e_lga1150_.php

I've sent them an email asking if they post...

-_-

Old 02-01-2014, 13:27   #28
Sweey
*RETIRED*

You might want to consider the warranty though. Also that says €296.39 - the 208 is Latvian Lats.
Old 02-01-2014, 16:21   #29
Dundon's
W.G.P

Right, that was 100% mis priced last night, bet they fixed it after I emailed them about it. Anyways that's them gones now.

Old 02-01-2014, 23:28   #30
Dundon's
W.G.P

It is done.

Got it for 240 off Pixmania with free shipping, no point holding out any longer, I want it.