PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 07-03-2013, 12:18   #1
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Monitors

Looking at buying a new monitor in a few weeks, my budget is about 250 top of the pops and I'm wondering should I go for an IPS or VA panel. Early reading on it suggests that the VA is better value for money but I read that apple use IPS on their screens and they do tend to look vibrant and slick.

Preferably a 27" but if I had to go 24" I might consider that if the performance was that much better given my budget. Benq are doing a nice VA 27" and it's pretty much the front runner atm.

Any thoughts?

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 13:09   #2
Usul
  • Supports: FCB

Usul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

I have a nice 23" Samsung (SMBX2350), but I'd go for an IPS panel right now. I read and hear that they are superior in every way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Usul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 13:17   #3
Dundon's
W.G.P

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Yeah, I just had another look around the web there to see if I can discover anything new on the subject and the IPS is the better of the 2 options, the VA does come in cheaper though and if I'm going for a 27" the odds are I'll get a VA for under €250, if I find a good IPS 27" I think I'll bank it.

Viewsonic are supposed to do decent monitors these days so I'm looking at them now aswell.

The other side of the story is that my TV is fucked and needs either a repair or replacing. This is a disaster and couldn't of sprung on me at a worse time. I hadn't even planned on getting a monitor this soon after getting the GPU but now I'm screwed and need something right away.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." Meyyappan

Old 07-03-2013, 13:23   #4
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

24" and 27" DGM monitors are on 'this week only' deals on Overclockers although read up about them (including problems) before you buy.

Sailing close to (and beyond?) your budget but worth considering - and not necessarily from them:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=MO-052-DE
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 13:24   #5
Dundon's
W.G.P

I'll grab a brew and look them up now.

Old 07-03-2013, 13:24   #6
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I've posted a Dell in there as well, make sure you don't miss that.
Old 07-03-2013, 13:25   #7
Dundon's
W.G.P

Dell one, got it.

Old 07-03-2013, 13:26   #8
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Just note that the Dell monitor is 16:10 - some people prefer them over 16:9 while others like my dad are put off by the fact that in some games a circle becomes a tiny bit oval due to the stretching on the verical axis.

EDIT: I was never bothered by it when I had a 16:10 monitor a few years ago before the market was flooded with 16:9 that are cheaper to produce.
Old 09-03-2013, 14:35   #9
Dundon's
W.G.P

Got a loan of a 26" TV off of the sister, it runs @1080p but is a bit flickery and the text is ultra small, 720 is running fine though so at least this will tie me over until I can get up some bucks for my own.

The 27" is a nice size screen, defo not going with a 24" now.

Old 10-03-2013, 23:34   #10
Dundon's
W.G.P

To the best of my knowledge now the LED has better whites and is much brighter, uses less power consumption aswell supposedly. Basically I'm looking for these specs as far as I know.

IPS panel, LED back light, 1080p res and a low response time, am I missing anything?

Old 11-03-2013, 12:31   #11
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundon's View Post
To the best of my knowledge now the LED has better whites and is much brighter, uses less power consumption aswell supposedly. Basically I'm looking for these specs as far as I know.

IPS panel, LED back light, 1080p res and a low response time, am I missing anything?
IPS or PLS panels are fine - the latter are Samsung's alternative to IPS and therefore what is used on my S27B970D.

www.tft-central.co.uk and http://pcmonitors.info/ are two useful review sites. The reviewers/owners of both also post on the OcUK forums and, presumably, other forums too.
Old 11-03-2013, 18:06   #12
Dundon's
W.G.P

PLS eh!

I read a bit about them but they're supposed to be more expensive from what I gathered. I'll research them more as I'm looking at 3-4 weeks time before I actually purchase one.

I'll defo post up the links of candidates over the coming weeks.

Old 21-03-2013, 16:17   #13
Dundon's
W.G.P

Looking at ordering maybe Monday and still no closer to deciding which to go for. The budget is €250 and it has to be a 27".

Old 21-03-2013, 18:23   #14
Sweey
*RETIRED*

My personal view would be to go for a smaller size at that budget rather than a budget model 27". Some of the budget models are fine but others have issues like such as a power supply that will blow itself up in the first couple of months.
Old 22-03-2013, 14:15   #15
Dundon's
W.G.P

Blow up!

For the sake of what's in it I've decided to wait another few weeks to see if I can increase the budget to maybe 350, that extra ton goes a long way in terms of quality.