PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 06-02-2015, 16:59   #1
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Music Production PC

Ok so as I mentioned in the SSD my laptop is starting to get clogged up and it also has started to run slow especially when doing big projects. Now I don't really know much about cores etc but I need something with at least 8gb RAM at a minimum and 500gb storage. I've found a couple on PC Worlds website, any good? @Sweey @Dundon's

Should note I'm looking to spend under Ł300 ideally.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/deskto...11024-pdt.html

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/deskto...10952-pdt.html

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computi....html#longDesc

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoostorm-727...3239473&sr=1-5

EDIT: ok researching it a bit more 4gb ram should be enough for using with DAWs.

Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 21:03   #2
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I honestly think you'll struggle for that budget. I would say you'd want a quad core CPU and I'm pretty sure all of those are dual core. If you could find a decent Core i5 laptop with 4GB RAM minimum that would be pointing you in the right direction.

Read this briefly:

http://www.reddit.com/r/edmproductio...bleton_live_8/
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 21:18   #3
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Those machines are pure filth mate. If you want something for that money and that may do a job for you then you're going to have to build one yourself.

If you decide to go down that route I can give you a lot of advice regards a good budget PC.

Are you looking to game on it?

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." — Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 21:29   #4
Lörd TH

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

I thought as much, need decent ram and a fast cpu so I can run more tracks at one time. No gaming so only music work, I'll literally be running Ableton and probably a internet browser that's about it.
Old 07-02-2015, 23:02   #5
JohnSound

JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

I've been a mac man for over 4 years now and use ProTools and Reason, not Ableton, so can't help directly, but I can definitely back up what's already been said, you don't have a chance with those. Sweey & Dundon's have way more computer knowledge than I could even think of, but I do have plenty of music production experience to share! I had two PC laptops before my iMac, both feckin costly, but both lasted me for years professionally and a few more years after that as an every day (non work) computer.

My basic, simple advice would be to aim as high as your budget can afford, future proof as much as possible. Music software moves so fast, even if you're happy with what you have now you might want/need to upgrade your software in a year or two, but if you scrimp on your computer now you'll need to upgrade your hardware as well as your software before you want to. You don't know where your production skills/ambitions will take you, you might find the plugins bundled in with Ableton aren't enough for you in a years time for example.

Sweey's right, go for Quad Core and 4GB RAM minimum. Again aim as high as you can, but check what your software's max is first. 64 Bit architecture or not? I mention this because up until the latest version, ProTools was still 32 bit, and therefore could only utilise 4GB of RAM, so having a 16GB ProTools machine wasn't worth it.

You mentioned storage, I STRONGLY recommend a fast external hard drive. It will slow your system right down if you are storing your audio on the same drive as your system software. Recording multiple tracks whilst simultaneously playing back multiple tracks with multiple plugins active can be a helluva chore for an internal drive.

Graphics cards don't have to be anywhere near as good as for gaming, but they do need to be decent. Believe it or not it's often the graphics which cause some audio programmes to freeze whilst recording.

Building your own PC would be a great way to go if you know what you're doing. If not, why not try buying from an audio company. You'd probably pay a premium for the privilege, way more than you're thinking, but it would be built to spec and without any of the unnecessary bloatware you'd expect from a purchase from somewhere like PC World. Places like Digital Village do them, and would welcome you in for a demo in store if you wanted.

Good luck!
JohnSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 00:48   #6
Makavelian
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: Makavelian5408

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Stay away from them. Even simple tasks will be brutal. Have a look on proper pc sites like scan, overclockers and ebuyer what has good cheap pc's.

Quick look and found this what would be more than up to it.
http://www.ebuyer.com/643321-zoostor...p-pc-7260-8002

A lot of style over substance that you linked to.

Could look for pre owned on ebay as well what could get you a really nice desktop or laptop as well.
Makavelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 21:53   #7
Lörd TH

How about this?

Silent multimedia PC! CSL Sprint 5672uW8 (Quad) incl. Windows 8.1 - computer-system with AMD A8-6600K APU 4x 3900 MHz, 1000GB SSHD, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD 8570D, USB 3.0, WiFi - a quad-core media-pc for the whole family!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JMCYM..._o9M2ub1W5K8A6
Old 12-02-2015, 15:10   #8
Dundon's
W.G.P

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

It's about the best of the bunch so far dude.

Is building your own one out of the question?

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." — Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 15-02-2015, 01:14   #9
Makavelian
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: Makavelian5408

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

What software will you be using? Just get anything apart from a single core and you'll be fine. Ebuyer have some nice factory built ones around that price. Might have changed in recent years but for that price range you are usually better of getting a factory build one.
Makavelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 16:44   #10
Lörd TH

Are these specs good?

Processor - AMD A10-6700 APU
- Quad core
- 3.7 GHz
- 4 MB cache
Memory (RAM) - 8 GB DDR3
Graphics card - AMD Radeon HD 8670D
Storage - 1 TB HDD, 7200 rpm
Motherboard - Bespoke AMD A55 FCH
Old 01-04-2015, 17:09   #11
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

For your needs, yes and no.

The weak component is the A10 processor which is vastly inferior to a Core i5. I suspect that may push it towards i3 level.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 14:41   #12
Dundon's
W.G.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweey View Post
The weak component is the A10 processor which is vastly inferior to a Core i5.
Aye, as far as I'm aware the main draw on that range is that they are supposed to have decent enough on board graphics built in, but Sweey is right, you need to go for a i5/i7.

Your best bet is to try find a 2nd hand bargain, don't throw good money at muck you'll regret.

Old 02-04-2015, 14:59   #13
Lörd TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundon's View Post
Aye, as far as I'm aware the main draw on that range is that they are supposed to have decent enough on board graphics built in, but Sweey is right, you need to go for a i5/i7.

Your best bet is to try find a 2nd hand bargain, don't throw good money at muck you'll regret.
Aye, I posted this in the chatbox. Sweey said it was good. If you both reckon it is then I'll probably get it!

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/deskto...pdt.html#cat-0
Old 02-04-2015, 15:48   #14
Dundon's
W.G.P

As a rule I don't think anything ever should be purchased from likes of PC world mate. Aside from CPU which is it's main selling point there's a few things holding that machine back in my opinion, especially for the money you're willing to offer.

1: No SSD ( If you want a fast booting and quick responsive desktop you NEED one of these babies running the machine)

2: I'd be expecting a hell of a lot more from that GPU for the money they're asking, it's basically a small bit better than the onboard graphics you get free built into the i5. It also doesn't have a HDMI out put either, which is pretty standard.

3: It has a 280w PSU???? Run a mile from this thing, it would barely power a light bulb.

4: Depending on how many PCI slots you'll need I don't imagine that motherboard allowing you to go crazy. Looking at the back of the case I think you'd be push to fit a half decent GPU and a soundcard in there and if you wanted to use a wireless adapter that could also prove problematic.

5: Have you the option to upgrade to 16GB ram by just adding another 8GB in the future? You mightn't think it now but for your line of business and work RAM is your friend.

Anyways I could go on about a few more things but I think you get my point. Then again I'm a pure cunt when it comes to rating these ready made PC's.

P.S. Sorry to throw a wet blanket on things...

Old 02-04-2015, 15:59   #15
Lörd TH

Haha it's fine, I'm at the stage where I want to get a PC which will last me a few years before having to upgrade certain bits of it so obviously want to get the best opinions possible. I did read something a few days earlier that new SSD's will be released soon which are larger in file size and cheaper too. So maybe I should hold out a bit?

http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/27/t...3d-nand-chips/