PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 24-12-2014, 14:11   #46
fatehasfans
Registered User
fatehasfans's Avatar
  • Join Date: Dec 2014
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • Posts: 177

fatehasfans has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille View Post
nor will I take their feelings/loyalty into thought when buying a friggin' video game.])
Oh but you do, once you choose PES over FIFA, Konami over EA you are making a decision based on loyalty. Also, I understand the capitalist business model, I understand that I am a minority and in terms of dollars I don't count (as much), but loyalty does count and any business that understands this stands to make more than those who don't. Keeping your customer base happy and content (with your product(s)) is at the core of any fundamental service or product driven business model. Stepping on one customer in the hope that you gain two more customers is not a long-term viable business plan. Look at Blizzard and what they did to WOW in the long-term. Yes in the short-term you make more money but your reputation suffers and eventually when the cycle comes full circle less and less customers want to participate because the conditions are not satisfactory, hence the business begins to experience a drop in growth and furthermore inherit the long-terms effects of damaged credibility which is liable to inflict further financial loss.

So yea it's bad and yes loyalty counts. I get what you mean though, customers can shift loyalties very quickly, however if you are happy camper then the chances are you won't (when confronted with a choice of your tried and tested i.e. you-are-happy-with-brand vs. a new brand.) switch.


fatehasfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2014, 10:13   #47
Reveille
Newbie
  • Join Date: Dec 2014
  • Supports: Barça
  • XBox: Rudie Deerhoof
  • Posts: 11

Reveille is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatehasfans View Post
Oh but you do, once you choose PES over FIFA, Konami over EA you are making a decision based on loyalty. Also, I understand the capitalist business model, I understand that I am a minority and in terms of dollars I don't count (as much), but loyalty does count and any business that understands this stands to make more than those who don't. Keeping your customer base happy and content (with your product(s)) is at the core of any fundamental service or product driven business model. Stepping on one customer in the hope that you gain two more customers is not a long-term viable business plan. Look at Blizzard and what they did to WOW in the long-term. Yes in the short-term you make more money but your reputation suffers and eventually when the cycle comes full circle less and less customers want to participate because the conditions are not satisfactory, hence the business begins to experience a drop in growth and furthermore inherit the long-terms effects of damaged credibility which is liable to inflict further financial loss.



So yea it's bad and yes loyalty counts. I get what you mean though, customers can shift loyalties very quickly, however if you are happy camper then the chances are you won't (when confronted with a choice of your tried and tested i.e. you-are-happy-with-brand vs. a new brand.) switch.
I play football games, both PES and FIFA: that's the choice I make. I believe your likening or packaging of choice and loyalty, or that there is always loyalty in choice, is false. If there was another game out there, I'd give it a go, just like anybody else who visits pesgaming.com would. If that game was more entertaining (which is itself hard to define. For you and me, I imagine the entertainment we derive from playing PES is in applaud of it being a realistic, rewarding game based on it doing what you want it to do. For others, mostly the young you speak of, they just want smash-grab football, cheeseballs blindly hoofed or lobbed down wings), I'd play that game. If the other game sucked, I wouldn't play it. I wouldn't, however, develop some kind of loyalty to the game just because it provided me with some good times.

But isn't capitalism, in essence, about expansion; infinite expansion, really. If you aren't expanding, growing, then you aren't deemed healthy. I agree that maintaining some sort of base is of some importance, but expanding it within a capitalist framework is essential, even if you end up with the proverbial blood on the bottom of your shoes, which in this case may be "loyal" fans. This model or practice is outdated, and some form of sustainable capitalism would be more effective. And another thing: what is more profitable, or a more better return on an investment, the focus on a young, emerging demographic, or an aging one?

As for credibility, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. How many successful companies have tarnished credibilities and are still successful? Do you own Nike's or adidas' or anything made in other EPZ (Export Processing Zones. Naomi Klein's No Logo) is a fantastic book that delves into these horrible little cities/countries within countries) laden countries? How many corporations are successful financially due to the exploitation (which capitalism undoubtedly is built upon) of another? Is it merely the credibility, the "faith" of the consumer that drives it, or is it something more? How much do we put aside to keep buying the things we buy? I'm not attempting to go on an re-hashed anti-capitalist rant, but you talk of credibility as if that really affects big business (at least nowadays. I would assert that credibility mattered much more years ago in big business) from engaging in crummy business practices. From a small business perspective, I'd say that establishing your credibility matters. yet from the perspective of many large businesses, so much is swept underneath the carpet by the consumer in favor of consuming, which you and I most definitely are committing ourselves to by playing video games.

Plus, what do you think Konami benefit from making an inferior game? Case in point, there's still been hangers-on to the franchise, despite the waning of their credibility for years (an example of this can be seen from the numerous posts on this website/forum; and year after year, there's still more people buying the game and bitching about it. This appears to be a trend in video games and its consumers, which amazes me; and so much so that I've begun to investigate it and plan to write about it. There appears to be this addiction, or at least the chasing of an uncanny sensation once experienced. I've felt this too, when playing PES 5 and 6 many moons ago. Anyhow, for me, PES or Konami has no reputation to corrode. I've let things go. These comments within the parathenticals should've been a footnote. Sorry).

I applaud your idealism. Hell, I'm idealistic too, and that's why I don't seek loyalty in large business. I vote with my purchasing power; and in purchasing video games, unlike with more important purchases I make as a consumer, has noting to do with loyalty. Expecting and returning loyalty seems only now viable from local businesses, which Konami, EA and any damn video game (or producer of mass entertainment, for that matter) certainly aren't a part of. At any rate, my idealism or loyalty, no offense, is focused on other global matters than entertainment. I would however, like to study this love/hate relationship with PES and other video games, as well as play some more PES 2015 games, which at the moment, I am enjoying very much.
Reveille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2014, 11:20   #48
macaroon18
Registered User
  • Join Date: Dec 2014
  • Posts: 29

macaroon18 is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimistic View Post
I encountered the same problem, on Super star, i use England against AI Germany, I score a goal in first half, after that AI become god like, absolutely unstoppable, in the end, i lost 1:3 to Germany.

IMO,scoring more goals is better than just defending the lead, because
we all know AI will cheat and equalize no matter what. KONAMI, you bunch of assholes.

You need to control your defenders at the right time - decide if you want to sit back and hold position or bring them out to close. Your defenders are the last line, if the rest of the team is doing their job you shouldn't leave them too exposed. I use the square button (ps3) rather than X so much but you have to be mindful that you can drag players out of position. Remember who you are playing against, if you're up against a pacey team obviously you will need to defend deeper. I know it's impossible sometimes but that's football, the team with the ball always has the advantage!
macaroon18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2014, 11:25   #49
macaroon18
Registered User
  • Join Date: Dec 2014
  • Posts: 29

macaroon18 is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroon18 View Post
You need to control your defenders at the right time - decide if you want to sit back and hold position or bring them out to close. Your defenders are the last line, if the rest of the team is doing their job you shouldn't leave them too exposed. I use the square button (ps3) rather than X so much but you have to be mindful that you can drag players out of position. Remember who you are playing against, if you're up against a pacey team obviously you will need to defend deeper. I know it's impossible sometimes but that's football, the team with the ball always has the advantage!
Also, try and close down the space rather than the player
macaroon18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2014, 13:11   #50
macaroon18
Registered User
  • Join Date: Dec 2014
  • Posts: 29

macaroon18 is an unknown

I never know if my keepers gonna come off his line and claim the ball or not, I used to use the triangle to bring them out on the old ones but it seems different now.
Earlier the ball just stopped between my CB and keeper, keepers just standing there doing nothing with the ball in front of him so the opposition striker nips in and scores!
I know there's an option to take manual control of the keeper but it seems a bit finicky
macaroon18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2014, 18:39   #51
IronCity
Banned
  • Join Date: Jan 2011
  • Location: Virginny, USA
  • PSN: swanndoggy
  • Posts: 9,853

IronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroon18 View Post
I never know if my keepers gonna come off his line and claim the ball or not, I used to use the triangle to bring them out on the old ones but it seems different now.
Earlier the ball just stopped between my CB and keeper, keepers just standing there doing nothing with the ball in front of him so the opposition striker nips in and scores!
I know there's an option to take manual control of the keeper but it seems a bit finicky
yes, yes, yes. After I score a goal, i often watch the cpu kickoff, make 1-2 passes and either smack a 24yarder past me or lob one over my CB and my keeper comes off the line perfectly to get chipped. Its scripting at its best and allows the cpu to score a goal seconds after i score one. I typically lose by 1 goal because of this cpu retaliation. At all other times, my keeper has no problem stopping the shot or staying on his line.
IronCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:54   #52
princo45
Registered User
  • Join Date: Oct 2005
  • Posts: 43

princo45 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.princo45 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

My Conspiracy Theory:

(Deleted).
princo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 14:43   #53
Bite.Me
Registered User
Bite.Me's Avatar
  • Join Date: Aug 2004
  • Location: Portugal
  • Posts: 564

Bite.Me has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Any decent camera mods out there?

I hate the wide camera on 2015. It is just too zomed in (and yes I tweaked it manually).
Bite.Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 13:49   #54
Spectrum
Registered User
  • Join Date: Dec 2013
  • Location: Australia
  • Supports: Arsenal, Perth Glory* ( *A-League in Australia )
  • Posts: 119

Spectrum is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddar View Post
What is your half length? I read somewhere that it could be an issue if you play 10/15min halves, though it still shouldn't be.
I play P.E.S. 2014 ( on normal difficulty level ) on the ps3 and play 30 minute matches, and I notice ( from what I've read here ) that this same high scoring games bug that I experienced on THAT version, still hasn't been fixed for P.E.S. 2015 !

Just about every match I play has a high scoreline, and I frequently get results like 5-3, 6-5, 8-2, and even occasional ones in double figures ! Plainly ridiculous. This ruins the game for me, as it's obviously unrealistic to get these results in real life.

So why has Konami not fixed it with a patch yet ? Do they have any intention of doing so ? If not, why not ? And I'm amazed that more people haven't complained about the same thing ! I guess most don't play 30 minute matches.
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 22:31   #55
Mc Görk
Registered User
Mc Görk's Avatar
  • Join Date: Feb 2014
  • Posts: 78

Mc Görk is an unknown

I hate that most of my attacks end with my player get run over by a cpu defender. It`s like my attackers are physical not present, the cpu knocks your players down, make them stumble forward or sets them in some kind of stun so he can grab the ball.

Its unbelievable, I`ve seen it a few times now, there doesn`t even have to be a contact! I used R2/RT + right stick to knock the ball away a bit, the CPU defender kicks against the ball - and my players begins to stumble, there was absolutly no contact between those players. It is realy not funny anymore, its frustrating...
Mc Görk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:14   #56
Spectrum
Registered User
  • Join Date: Dec 2013
  • Location: Australia
  • Supports: Arsenal, Perth Glory* ( *A-League in Australia )
  • Posts: 119

Spectrum is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky34 View Post
I'm done playing this game.
I can't play a game where it's almost impossible to defend,everytime the AI has the ball and I go to defend its impossible to take the ball from them.
Everytime I make a tackle it's always a foul,I can press the X button a million times and unless I commit a foul I can barely take the ball.
Sorry but this is just absurd!
Then when the AI has the ball when when they run good luck to catch up to them,maybe with a motorcycle,but when it's the other way around the AI catches up to me in no time.
It's to bad because it's a great game and I really enjoy playing it but with stuff like this it's just not fun for me anymore.


What's wrong with dropping down a difficulty level or two ? Should solve your defending problems, at least.
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 18:50   #57
holnath 1
Newbie
  • Join Date: Jan 2015
  • Posts: 23

holnath 1 is an unknown

Can someone pls tell me if I well need a online pass 2 play pes15 online thank you
holnath 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 20:16   #58
holnath 1
Newbie
  • Join Date: Jan 2015
  • Posts: 23

holnath 1 is an unknown

Omg I am new here guys pls tell me if I need online pass 4 pes15 online pls 2 days waiting for some one 2 say some think lol
holnath 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 20:35   #59
Rat Monkey
Registered User
Rat Monkey's Avatar
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • Posts: 482

Rat Monkey has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Rat Monkey has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Rat Monkey has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holnath 1 View Post
Omg I am new here guys pls tell me if I need online pass 4 pes15 online pls 2 days waiting for some one 2 say some think lol
No, you don't.
Rat Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 20:52   #60
holnath 1
Newbie
  • Join Date: Jan 2015
  • Posts: 23

holnath 1 is an unknown

OK thank you very much rat monkey very much aprciated
holnath 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:17.

Not yet a member? Register now.

.