PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 10-06-2008, 10:38   #31
Hunter
BELIEVE

Hunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by meecrob View Post
I'd give it a 7/10. I find the mission to be too repetitive. It's mostly go to point A to point B, kill that guy, mission ends. Then, there's the chase missions.

I enjoyed playing the game up to the Three Leaf Cover mission, which I think it was the best mission in the game. After that, I only wanted to finish the game.

There's nothing much to do when hanging with friends either. I found the Comedy Club to be boring. At the Cabaret Club, it seems that it always end with someone getting hurt.

The only thing that impressed me was the environment and the graphics.
Repped, I agree fully.

I'm currently on around 35% maybe, not too sure as I haven't touched it for around 3 weeks. It just doesn't have that wow factor and playability that past GTA's have had. The only GTA I really got into was San Andreas, it definetely wasn't realistic, but it was fun. I didn't complete the game but I never complete games to be fair, I just play them until I get bored of them, no point completing a game if I'd rather play something else. I'd rather be playing Call of Duty 4 online, because it's simply more fun, same with PES 2008 especially with the Euro 2008 on.

GTA is just too repetitive and even the story is a bit flawed to an extent. As Niko Bellic, we're supposed to be living the American Dream when we get money in the game, but we're not, we're just running errands for other characters in the game who are actually living the American Dream. One of the major flaws of the game is the fact money is abolsutely and utterly worthless. What is the point in having money if you can't do anything of use with it, not including property was a massive let down.

Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:32   #32
Eric Clyde
  • Supports: Rangers
  • XBox: ClydeFrog50
  • PSN: ClydeFrog50

Eric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

I'll have to agree with the last two posts. Taking your friends out is fun at first (Getting drunk with Roman) but after awhile it just gets too repetitive and your friends call you all the time. You can easily load the game up and get some bad rep from three different friends right away. The game is massive but doesn't really be that much to do when not doing missions other than kill people and run from the cops.

Rockstar North have also fallen victim to others developers tactics by making the game 'realistic' and by that I mean making the enviroment kind of grey and grainy. I don't know when this trend started (probably with Gears of War or something) but it certainly doesn't live up to the past GTA's fun side. It can be tedious that you are being chased by the cops, hit by a car (even if the car wasn't going fast) and take forever to get up as well as losing health very easily.

Don't get me wrong, the game is good or even great but I'm glad I never got hyped up about this game otherwise I would probably be quite disappointed.
Jeff: Butt sex requires a lot of lubrication, right? Lubrication. Lubruh... Chupuh... Chupacabra 's the, the goat killer of Mexican folklore. Folklore is stories from the past that are often fictionalized. Fictionalized to heighten drama. Drama students! Students at colleges usually have bicycles! Bi, bian, binary. It's binary code!
Chef: Who's havin' butt sex?
Eric Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:40   #33
greenegg
I drink your Milkshake
  • Supports: Argyle, Plymouth
  • XBox: King Egg
  • PSN: PAFCegg

greenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Don't forget folks this is the first crack at next gen and remember GTA 3? That was kind of like this, I do fully believe that the next installment will be colourful and have added greatness due to the fact they have used this as a marker.

I do like 4 but it can get annoying as Clyde says when your mates ring you. I have been in he middle of missions and received calls only for Niko to tell them he is currently flying a chopper or being shot at

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" border="0" />

Even Richard Dawkins thinks Ian Brown is God
greenegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 14:56   #34
Foxhound
  • Supports: Manchester United

Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Repped, I agree fully.

I'm currently on around 35% maybe, not too sure as I haven't touched it for around 3 weeks. It just doesn't have that wow factor and playability that past GTA's have had. The only GTA I really got into was San Andreas, it definetely wasn't realistic, but it was fun. I didn't complete the game but I never complete games to be fair, I just play them until I get bored of them, no point completing a game if I'd rather play something else. I'd rather be playing Call of Duty 4 online, because it's simply more fun, same with PES 2008 especially with the Euro 2008 on.

GTA is just too repetitive and even the story is a bit flawed to an extent. As Niko Bellic, we're supposed to be living the American Dream when we get money in the game, but we're not, we're just running errands for other characters in the game who are actually living the American Dream. One of the major flaws of the game is the fact money is abolsutely and utterly worthless. What is the point in having money if you can't do anything of use with it, not including property was a massive let down.
Now that you mentioned about money, it reminds me that Niko is a money whore. He usually asks whether the pay is good. This part might be a spoiler for you, I wouldn't mind if he was collecting the money to pay off Roman debts, there was no mission where Niko ends up paying the money to whoever Roman owed the money to

To Clyde Frog: I'm glad that I wasn't in that hype up either.
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 15:07   #35
Dragonfly
Waiting....
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: Zuboronovic

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

The thing that confuse me most is that Niko seems to be a mind reader. There have several missions when someone quickly tells to do something, with out telling you the location or what the person or place looks like.

I've enjoyed the game and thought it was very good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Violence. It's all the rage. | "Hatred is wasted energy."
"Let it always be known, that I was who I am."
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 15:51   #36
Singey
  • Supports: Liverpool

Singey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegg View Post
Don't forget folks this is the first crack at next gen and remember GTA 3? That was kind of like this, I do fully believe that the next installment will be colourful and have added greatness due to the fact they have used this as a marker.
Thats the way I see it. I made a post a while ago about this and why people were dissapointed, but im not searching that one out.

Basically, if you look back at GTA3 now, you see that it really wasn't that good of a 'GTA' game (The 'GTA' definition of course being free open world with lots to do.). San Andreas set a benchmark for fun, and now we've taken a slight step back.

The series can only get better...
Singey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:03   #37
Eric Clyde
  • Supports: Rangers
  • XBox: ClydeFrog50
  • PSN: ClydeFrog50

Eric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

If I am being honest, I still regard GTA III the best in the series. San Andreas was too big added with tedious things like having to eat to stay so you don't lose energy, go to the gym to stay fit etc. If I wanted role-playing elements then I would go play Final Fantasy. I didn't really care for swimming as I just wanted to play GTA. Do missions, go on rampages etc until I got to one of Woozie's missions were you needed to have high lung capacity so I had to go to the harbour and just keep diving underwater for quite some time. As the way I rate it.

GTA III
GTA IV
GTA VC
GTA SA
Jeff: Butt sex requires a lot of lubrication, right? Lubrication. Lubruh... Chupuh... Chupacabra 's the, the goat killer of Mexican folklore. Folklore is stories from the past that are often fictionalized. Fictionalized to heighten drama. Drama students! Students at colleges usually have bicycles! Bi, bian, binary. It's binary code!
Chef: Who's havin' butt sex?
Eric Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:35   #38
Hunter
BELIEVE

Hunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegg View Post

I do like 4 but it can get annoying as Clyde says when your mates ring you. I have been in he middle of missions and received calls only for Niko to tell them he is currently flying a chopper or being shot at
It may have been their first crack at next-gen but lets face it, they had something like 3-4 years to make the game, which is easily enough time. Now, the next time the following game will be released will probably be next-next-gen because they've taken so long with them. Then will it disappoint again because it's on a new console and they haven't adapted ? All I'm saying is that for how long it took to make, the bottom line is it should be better.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 23:22   #39
martin_cranie
I blue myself

martin_cranie has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?martin_cranie has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?martin_cranie has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?martin_cranie has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?martin_cranie has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?martin_cranie has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?martin_cranie has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?martin_cranie has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?martin_cranie has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?martin_cranie has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?martin_cranie has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

As much as I like GTA IV, I am underwhelmed. Clearly the presentation is incredibly good: standing around watching the scenery is worth the money on its own. The physics engine is largely very impressive and a great many of the new features - tv stations and the mobile phone, for instance - are very good.

However, the atmosphere of the game is quite disappointing. Many of the characters are forgettable, the missions are perhaps more linear and repetitive than any other major GTA release, and the story as a whole doesn't feel sufficiently epic.

There are plenty of annoying aspects to the fighting and basic movement systems too, namely that both are reasonably sluggish, heavy, and un-intelligent. The cut back on personal customisation is also a bit disappointing in my view.

It's still a very good game, but nowhere near as good as IGN and other critical reviews would have us believe. I'd give it either an 8/8.5 out of 10.

martin_cranie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:31   #40
Bez

Bez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_cranie View Post
As much as I like GTA IV, I am underwhelmed. Clearly the presentation is incredibly good: standing around watching the scenery is worth the money on its own. The physics engine is largely very impressive and a great many of the new features - tv stations and the mobile phone, for instance - are very good.

However, the atmosphere of the game is quite disappointing. Many of the characters are forgettable, the missions are perhaps more linear and repetitive than any other major GTA release, and the story as a whole doesn't feel sufficiently epic.

There are plenty of annoying aspects to the fighting and basic movement systems too, namely that both are reasonably sluggish, heavy, and un-intelligent. The cut back on personal customisation is also a bit disappointing in my view.

It's still a very good game, but nowhere near as good as IGN and other critical reviews would have us believe. I'd give it either an 8/8.5 out of 10.
Quoted in agreement..

Gets so repetitive after a while and boring, you get to a point where you're taking the Taxi and skipping to the mission...This is what I did as I couldn't be arsed to drive to the other side of the city.

Old 05-07-2008, 13:44   #41
Singey
  • Supports: Liverpool

Singey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

8.5/9 ish for me. I still havn't finished the story yet because I stopped playing it for a few weeks before but im playing it a bit more now. Free Mode is the only real multiplayer mode I do, its still fun.
Singey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 04:58   #42
Dmitris
Banned

Dmitris has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Dmitris has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

If only they put back flying an airplane, it would be amazing
Dmitris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 01:46   #43
hulkamaphone
  • PSN: hulkamaphone

hulkamaphone is an unknown

9.9 only because the "perfect 10" would kinda be impossible to acheive. how could you create a game that could not be improved upon?
hulkamaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 16:51   #44
Charlie
  • Supports: Celtic.
  • XBox: Charlie Hegarty

Charlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitris View Post
If only they put back flying an airplane, it would be amazing
True. They also need to make it so money has value like in GTA:SA (The best GTA to date)
Old 11-06-2009, 16:53   #45
lfcboy

lfcboy is an unknown

9.5 - Gorgeous game, took a while for the story to really get going but once it did, it was excellent. The characters were diverse and intersting. The only fault for me is that the difficulty could be a little bit more challenging and the missions should have been varied in format.
lfcboy is offline   Reply With Quote