PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 03-09-2009, 23:07   #61
S1mon
  • Supports: Nostalgia FC.
  • XBox: Sighmon3

S1mon has discovered the General Forums. God help us.S1mon has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

So much more to it than 4... and then Gamespot have the cheek, and downright idiocy to award GTAIV a 10... things completely went down hill there after Greg Kasavin left...

S1mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:40   #62
Barry
  • Supports: Ajax, Boston Celtics
  • XBox: The Clogfather

Barry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

I thought GTA IV was fantastic but I would've adored it if they kept the same arcade driving of GTA SA.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:43   #63
Charlie
  • Supports: Celtic.
  • XBox: Charlie Hegarty

Charlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by AliCharlie has by now had a thread closed by Ali

The graphics is the only thing IV has over SA. Ive said it numerous times and recieved bad rep but IV was/is a major let down, in my opinion.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:13   #64
Hunter
BELIEVE

Hunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I thought I would have enjoyed GTAIV more, having been to New York a few years ago I was of the impression I'd drive around the different boroughs and recognise things, be able to smile about it. Turns out, GTAIV just isn't as "fun" as one would hope a game to be, that is of course in comparison to San Andreas.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 18:16   #65
fick
  • Supports: Man United / Chicago Bears
  • XBox: ficklered
  • PSN: ficklered

fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
I thought GTA IV was fantastic but I would've adored it if they kept the same arcade driving of GTA SA.
IV is the current pinnacle of immersive sand-box gaming. It's equally beautiful and technically superior to anything else out there and yeah, it was damn fine to play. But it lacked something. Something important to the GTA series. As Hunter has already said, fun.

It's the lack fun involved in pointless roaming around in the game that has made me seek out SA once more.
fick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 18:35   #66
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Check out the Ballad Of Gay Tony Thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 20:11   #67
Baddar
  • Supports: Man Utd
  • XBox: baddar88
  • PSN: Badd-um-tsch

Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
The graphics is the only thing IV has over SA. Ive said it numerous times and recieved bad rep but IV was/is a major let down, in my opinion.
The thing people aren't getting is that GTA IV wasn't trying to be "better" than San Andreas.

Sure, many people would've loved IV to have the fun aspects of San Andreas in it, but with the next gen game they've gone for realism and sacrificed quite a bit of the fun.

Is GTA IV the best R* could've produced? Probably not. It wouldn't have taken much for them to make huge planes flyable or to add more of the "little" things that made San Andreas the game it was. From a business standpoint though, having GTA IV the way it was can only be seen as a good move. Had IV been San Andreas with fancy graphics and all the fun stuff wrapped in it, making another GTA would've been harder I think, to give it a distinct difference between it and IV.

It's annoying, I know. PES and FIFA have done stuff like this for years, and so have loads of other games. They add stuff, people like it, it gets removed, then it gets called an upgrade when it's brought back in a couple of years. It still sells though.
Baddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 20:20   #68
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

If you like SA I imagine you'd love Saints Row 2, I had a shitload of fun playing that.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 20:25   #69
Baddar

Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Baddar has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Yeah, I've got Saints Row 2. Done about 3 missions on it though and never gone back. I'm by no means a trophy whore, but that's what it's lacking...the extra incentive to play it.
Old 04-09-2009, 21:54   #70
liljovi93
  • PSN: Jamesh93

liljovi93 is worse than Dale on a Saturday nightliljovi93 is worse than Dale on a Saturday nightliljovi93 is worse than Dale on a Saturday night

Would love this to be released on PS3.
Old 04-09-2009, 22:23   #71
fick

fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddar View Post
The thing people aren't getting is that GTA IV wasn't trying to be "better" than San Andreas.
Then why make it? Cash whoring? Just for the crack? Why else but to take the series forward. R* 'aint EA you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
If you like SA I imagine you'd love Saints Row 2, I had a shitload of fun playing that.
SR2 was a blast. It had all the stupidity of SA but wrapped up a, little prettier. Shame that the best bit of the whole story was the first mission,escaping prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
Would love this to be released on PS3.
Have you got a backwards compatable PS3? If yes, go get a PS2 copy, it runs like a dream. If not... well, tough shit.
Old 04-09-2009, 22:26   #72
HH
  • Supports: West Ham United

HH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Just get it on PC, the requirements aren't demanding at all.
HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:11   #73
Baddar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fick View Post
Then why make it? Cash whoring? Just for the crack? Why else but to take the series forward. R* 'aint EA you know...
You're missing my point.

San Andreas was fun, and was meant to be. GTA IV took a "motion picture" turn which is why some people didn't get on with it.

By "not trying to make IV better than SA", I just meant that they feel like completely different games, and it wasn't really supposed to be SA's sequel/upgrade.
Old 05-09-2009, 13:42   #74
fick

I understand where you are coming from, but I fear you are still missing the big picture. What is the point of making a new game in what is essentially a series, if it's not going to be an improvement over it's predecessors?

All of a sudden, R* had all this extra processing power... "ooh, we can make it look awesome" they probably said, "super-duper rain & a more gritty feel, just like we did on GTA3 when we went all 3D for the PS2..."

So it didn't inspire the more moronic purchaser, but there can be no denying on a technical and immersive level it's one hell of a lot better than SA. Does that not make it better?
Old 05-09-2009, 14:11   #75
dan80

dan80 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

i thinking of getting saints row 2 but not sure
dan80 is offline   Reply With Quote