PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 03-05-2008, 14:40   #1
The Stig
  • Supports: Liverpool
  • XBox: MikeBurrowz

The Stig has discovered the General Forums. God help us.The Stig has discovered the General Forums. God help us.The Stig has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

[GTA IV] Would you give it a 10?

Personally, I think it still has a few things missing to give it a perfect 10.

Last edited by Haribo; 19-02-2011 at 01:58..
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 14:43   #2
The Messiah
#1 Troll
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: yingandyangbros

The Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

What's it missing? They can only program in so much.
The Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 14:52   #3
The Stig

The Stig has discovered the General Forums. God help us.The Stig has discovered the General Forums. God help us.The Stig has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Theres loads of things missing they could improve.
  • planes
  • should be able to smoke
  • more vechiles like go karts, quads, hovercrafts,jetpack, tanks etc
  • bring back the stats from SA like stamina, sex appeal, muscle, fat etc bring back the martial arts schools and gyms from SA
  • bring back the gangs like in SA where you have to take over territories
  • should be able to customize cars

I know all them things are basically off san andreas but they were cool and should of stayed in the game.
Old 03-05-2008, 14:54   #4
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Its certainly the best game I've ever played, but obviously its not quite perfect. Some things they might want to look into integrating into the next game, or maybe future downloadable content:

- Planes
- Parachutes
- Bring back Tanks
- Be able to recruit gang members
- Bring back the gimmick features for certain vehicles, like fork lifts, dumper trucks, car transporters, tow trucks and such like.
- Be able to attach loads to form 18 wheelers.
- Countryside and mountains. Deserts I can do without.
- Get on buses.
- Multiplayer improvements - be able to recruit AI gang members in non-team games.

As you can see, many of these were in San Andreas. Obviously the map stuff is a big one, but the rest are kind of small and I really hope they can add them in future updates.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 16:11   #5
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skepta View Post
[*]should be able to smoke
Apparently if you press L1 (PS3 - L2 if using Classic controls) next to a guy who is smoking Niko will ask for one and light up. I haven't tried it but I hear it works.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
Old 03-05-2008, 16:11   #6
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

I would give it a 9.9 seeing as it's the 1st next gen GTA it personally has delivered for me..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 16:49   #7
Dan
Woo Woo Woo
  • XBox: Dancbert19
  • PSN: DanCustard

Dan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by AliDan has by now had a thread closed by Ali

You need to put 10+ hours in before you can even think about declaring it shit or brilliant I reckon

I've put fifteen hours in and I haven't even;

Flew a helicopter
Driven a boat
Dated any of the other available girlfriends
Driven or seen any super-cars apart from the Banshee and Comet
Dated a bloke
Read all the internet (myroom profiles and the like)
Unlocked the camera phone
Been to the comedy club
Scratched the surface of the story
And shit-loads more that escapes me at the moment.

There's so much to do and for that alone it deserves these 10/10 scores in my opinion.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 16:57   #8
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

The euphoria engine makes this game soo much better than anyother GTA..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 17:47   #9
Cookie
Wait...
  • XBox: CMonstR9000

Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

I think I'll wait until I've completed it before rating it.
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 18:00   #10
The Stig

It's a fantastic game don't get me wrong. But for a game to get a rating of 10 it has to be 'perfect' and it's not perfect just yet as there are a few things it needs to make it better. Planes and parachutes for example.
Old 03-05-2008, 18:02   #11
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Once 16 players can each clamber into two jets (8 each) and crash in mid-air, and then everyone can parachute out and shoot at each other whilst descending, THEN it will be perfect.
Old 03-05-2008, 21:15   #12
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
Once 16 players can each clamber into two jets (8 each) and crash in mid-air, and then everyone can parachute out and shoot at each other whilst descending, THEN it will be perfect.
Hahaha now that would be amazing. By the way that smoking thing doesn't work LJ was having a cig next to me and I tried pressing LB (cause it's L1 on PSŁ) and nothing happened
Old 03-05-2008, 21:49   #13
Sho
Marco
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • XBox: I Am Shohid
  • PSN: Shoz1987

Sho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
I think I'll wait until I've completed it before rating it.
same

Sho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 23:43   #14
jedifunk

jedifunk is on a bad road

who gives a [bleep] about planes... they were kinda stupid in SA imo... i can certain do without them...

compared to other games its a 10 and i've only played for 3 hrs... of course the game genre must be considered... but the scope of this game is so huge that that alone makes it better than everything else.

and again, screw planes... whats the point
jedifunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:52   #15
hitmanuk2k
The Boss
  • XBox: pesgaming

hitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonehitmanuk2k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

The camera angle when you're driving can be frustrating at times - unless I'm missing a way to make it lock at about 20 degrees higher up (I find myself holding the right stick down quite a lot) than it does as standard.

hitmanuk2k is offline   Reply With Quote