PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 14-11-2014, 05:28   #1
Vitumbiko
  • Supports: Liverpool

Vitumbiko has disabled reputation

PS4 vs XBOX One?

Ok, so I'm interested in getting a new console and I'm having a hard time deciding which console to go for.

From what I've heard, the PS4 is "supposedly" the superior gaming machine however the One beats it when it comes to home entertainment. So anybody played or own both systems?

"So sick with the words, I think I need chemotherapy"

Vitumbiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2014, 13:06   #2
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I've owned both. Had an Xbox One for a month or so before selling and had the PS4 for two months.

In terms of raw power, the PS4 is the stronger machine. It will run most games better than the Xbox One will (so the big 3rd part releases like FIFA, COD etc) with regards to either resolution or frames per second.

In terms of all in one entertainment box then the Xbox One is the stronger platform. Blu-Ray/DVD player on both devices is great but tbh I never used the multimedia capabilities of the xbox one, so it depends on if you're going to be using them as to whether it's a selling point. The fact you can run your sky/cable through an HDMI in and then have PiP with sky on the same screen as your game by snapping it in is pretty cool.

The quality of games is going to be something you make a decision on yourself. For me the future PS4 exclusives (BloodBourne, The Order:1886, Uncharted 4) are more attractive than the future Xbox One Exclusives. The current library of exclusives for the XBox is probably superior though tbh, but again, it depends on what sort of games you lik.

PS+ is a huge selling point for me on the PS4 though with two "free" games coming every month, mostly indie titles, and a lot of them are extremely good. Last month was the excellent Pix the Cat, this month has The Binding of Isaac, and they're already two of my most played games recently. Xbox also has a similar service but they seemingly only add one game a month for Xbox One

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote