PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 23-08-2019, 02:09   #1
zanetti_ro

zanetti_ro is an unknown

Questions from longtime FIFA player switching to PES

Hi everyone,

Iíve been a lifelong fifa player, since 97 until 2018, but Iíve decided to switch following major disappointments with the game over the past couple of years. I have played Career Mode exclusively, so my PES questions will revolve mainly around that (Master League).

1. Am I able to switch between managing jobs and change clubs? Get fired/hired?
2. Can I manage both a club and a national team at the same time?
3. Do seasons feature divisional and european competitions? Like if i play in Serie A, will i also play in champions league or europa league?
4. Is there any scripting in the game? The reason i am leaving fifa is because after a few games or so in career mode, the gameplay changes and AI controlled players automatically dumb down. I hope nothing like that happens in PES and i hope there is consistency in the gameplay throughout the years.
5. For a realistic experience, how many minutes per half should I play and at what difficulty? As an expert fifa player, I found that 6 min per half allowed me to have loads of scoring chances even on the hardest setting. Is it easier or harder to score in pes (judging letís say by pes 2020 demo) once you get used to it? Iím not great at it yet, but in the pes 2020 demo, even on the hardest setting, it seems the cpu is only interested in playing counterattacks...it does little to no build up (possession) game and i end up with 70% possession at the end, which is not very realistic.

Thank you!

zanetti_ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 20:52   #2
killhi12
  • Supports: Hereford FC
  • XBox: killhi12
  • PSN: killhi12

killhi12 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.killhi12 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes
4) maybe
5) 10 mins and top player/ superstar

I have not played PES 2019 but heard the AI "cheated" to make it so they would win and no matter what you would lose.

as for number 5 I used to play on superstar however because I missed a year I am struggling to create changes on superstar and as such play on top play. There is also a harder difficulty that gets unlocked after you win 5 games on superstar (Not sure if in a row or not as never unlocked it)

Hope this helps.
killhi12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 23:26   #3
dougall

dougall has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

played both since the start fifa pes/iss ,what you will notice is how smart superior the AI is in offline modes compared to fifa in the full game, has for pes 2019 i found it very frustrating trollish game much harder than 2018 on superstar/legend mode the AI was deadly in front of goal.i stuck to fifa 19 and pes 2018. 2020 should be a good year for pes though.
dougall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 23:58   #4
The Dude
His Dudeness
  • Supports: Dinamo Moscow

The Dude has discovered the General Forums. God help us.The Dude has discovered the General Forums. God help us.The Dude has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

1. Yes. In the transfer windows you can accept offers.

2. Yes. In the summer transfer window you get offers. I wish it was sooner.

3. Yes. But last year the game didnt have the correct number of teams per league in the CL and EL. I think serie A only had 3 teams in the CL.

4. People complain about it. I dont see a problem.

5. I play 6 mins per half. I play on top player i think. Its the 4th difficulty out of 6. I use average teams thou in ML.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 01:16   #5
zanetti_ro

zanetti_ro is an unknown

Thanks guys!

So just to clarify on question 2. When i manage club and country at the same time, like say i manage Juventus and Italy. Every four seasons i will play in an international competition (world cup / euro ) with italy? Thatís something I always appreciated with fifa that u could play in all the major international competitions with a national team while also managing your club team.
Old 24-08-2019, 09:46   #6
killhi12
  • Supports: Hereford FC
  • XBox: killhi12
  • PSN: killhi12

killhi12 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.killhi12 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

yeah that is correct and with PES 2020 there is going to be every UEFA member (country) so the euros will be complete with every team that can be in the qualifying will be there so it will bring more realism to the game.
killhi12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 02:39   #7
rebelinho
  • Supports: FC Porto, Swansea

rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

There is one thing that always bothered me regarding the NT in Master League: the CPU teams' players do not get tired.

For example, you manage Italy, call up one of your Juventus players and a Napoli player. Your player stays on the bench, and the Napoli player plays two full 90-minute matches. If the following game is a Juventus vs Napoli, your player will be at half stamina (completely unrealistic by itself), and the Napoli player will be good as new.

Regarding the time and game difficulty. I'm still playing PES2018, and play ML in Top Player, 12 min games. Superstar is unbearably unrealistic regarding CPU passing. It's like all opposition becomes '06 Barcelona, you can't even smell the ball.

From what I've played from PES2020 demo, Superstar seems to be a lot better. Have in mind that ML plays a bit harder than regular Exhibition matches, but the CPU feels harder while still fair. There's more variability to their attacks, and track your runs better when defending. You have to take your time and pass the ball around, specially when using worse players. It can be extremely fun.

As for what you call scripting, in PES there are some sort of "emotions". After you score a goal, your team will feel a bit more responsive. It's not a big difference, but it's enough that if you take advantage of it, you can more goals in the next, say, 10 minutes of the match. There isn't anything like the CPU becoming magical beings and scoring right after you, though.

rebelinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 16:43   #8
Teto10

Teto10 is an unknown

Wao, Absolutly that is correct and with PES 2020 there is going to be every UEFA member
Old 05-09-2019, 01:10   #9
zanetti_ro

zanetti_ro is an unknown

But can somebody please explain to me how you can play ML with a team from a league that doesnt exist in the game? For example, bayern and schalke are the only german teams in pes 2020 according to Konami. How can u be the manager of bayern in Master League when there is no bundesliga for you to compete in? Maybe PC users can find ways around this but what about console users?
Old 05-09-2019, 01:19   #10
philips_99
  • Supports: SL Benfica, Cova da Piedade, Belenenses and underdogs around the world

philips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanetti_ro View Post
But can somebody please explain to me how you can play ML with a team from a league that doesnt exist in the game? For example, bayern and schalke are the only german teams in pes 2020 according to Konami. How can u be the manager of bayern in Master League when there is no bundesliga for you to compete in? Maybe PC users can find ways around this but what about console users?
On PS4 you can install a Bundesliga option file. It will usually replace PEU League (the fake/generic european league). On Xbox I believe OF don't exist (I know you can't import images, and I think you can't import team files either. Microsoft doesn't allow those imports for some stupid reason) so the only option would be doing the whole league by yourself or put the team in another league (which wouldn't be realistic).

Btw, I believe Bayer Leverkusen is also in the game, not just Bayern Munich and Schalke

Philips OF/Team exports (PES 2018):

Ledman Liga Pro Creation Thread (PES 2018):

philips_99 Kits (PES 2018):
philips_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:44   #11
trashman

trashman is an unknown

Can you create your own league like in in fifa

Hello, is it possible to create my own league with whatever teams I want to put there from different European leagues like the old Konami league? And take control of all the teams so you can play against a friend.
And if so do you know how many teams its possible to put there?
Was it possible in PES 2019?
Its the only thing that stops me to change from Fifa to PES.
Thank you.
trashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 11:56   #12
Buckshot

Buckshot has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneBuckshot has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneBuckshot has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneBuckshot has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneBuckshot has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneBuckshot has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashman View Post
Hello, is it possible to create my own league with whatever teams I want to put there from different European leagues like the old Konami league? And take control of all the teams so you can play against a friend.
And if so do you know how many teams its possible to put there?
Was it possible in PES 2019?
Its the only thing that stops me to change from Fifa to PES.
Thank you.
You have free slots to create whatever you want in:

20 free slots in PEU
20 free slots in PLA
21 free slots in Other Latin America
20 free slots in PAS
2 free slots in Classic Teams
Buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 13:02   #13
trashman

trashman is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
You have free slots to create whatever you want in:

20 free slots in PEU
20 free slots in PLA
21 free slots in Other Latin America
20 free slots in PAS
2 free slots in Classic Teams
Thank you. Sorry for the stupid questions but I have not played the game for some time. So just creating my own Konami league does not work anymore?
But I can choose one of the leagues you mentioned and change those teams to the teams that I use from other leagues?
Old 05-09-2019, 13:30   #14
philips_99
  • Supports: SL Benfica, Cova da Piedade, Belenenses and underdogs around the world

philips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonephilips_99 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashman View Post
Thank you. Sorry for the stupid questions but I have not played the game for some time. So just creating my own Konami league does not work anymore?
But I can choose one of the leagues you mentioned and change those teams to the teams that I use from other leagues?
Those are valid questions, not stupid ones, no need to apologize

In PES there are 3 generic/fake leagues you can use for editing: PEU League is from Europe, PLA is from Americas, PAS is from Asia. Each of those has 20 slots (you can change between 14-20 slots on edit mode). You can fill those leagues with the teams you want, either create new ones on those 20 slots or transfer teams from other leagues. However, there's a limitation: you can't mix teams from different continents (for example, you can't put River Plate and Kashima Antlers on PEU League). After you create the league, you can use it on Master League, Become a Legend, League mode, etc.

However, you still have the Konami League and Konami Cup in League/Cup mode as well (it was there in 2018 and 2019, should be in 2020 as well). In those modes you can choose whatever teams you want (no region limitations, any teams from whatever part of the world) to play a league or a cup tournament (the league can be 20 teams max, the cup 32 teams max I believe). And yes, you can play with friends, but not online. I've set up tournaments in the past to play with friends when they came over and it's fun.

Philips OF/Team exports (PES 2018):

Ledman Liga Pro Creation Thread (PES 2018):

philips_99 Kits (PES 2018):
philips_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 13:46   #15
trashman

trashman is an unknown

Thank you very much philips.