PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 12-11-2007, 20:59   #1
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

PC Motherboards

For PC motherboard discussion and questions.

Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 05:35   #2
Jesus
Banned

Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I think I'll be getting this motherboard for my new PC: GIGABYTE GA-M56S-S3. Do any of you know any better/value for money buys on motherboards?(AMD)

EDIT: I've found another AMD motherboard, I like.

M3A32-MVP Deluxe/WiFi-AP

Views please.
Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 13:25   #3
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I've neglected motherboard progression since I bought my Asus P5K Deluxe (Intel) a few months back and as I knew I was going to get an Intel processor, I've negelected AMD motherboards for a long time.

Pique, what do you want from the motherboard? Are you overclocking? You'll need one PCI x16 slot for the graphics card you're going to buy...but how many PCI slots do you require? One for your sound card...anything else?
Old 27-07-2008, 16:06   #4
Sweey
*RETIRED*

As we continue to progress rapidly, my next motherboard (mid 2009 probably) will be a dual socket board which can take two processors. They're available now though quite expensive.

A new series of motherboards will be required for Intel's forthcoming Nehalem.
Old 08-08-2009, 00:39   #5
BonBon
...has worn the t-shirt!
  • Supports: Man Utd
  • PSN: BonBon101

BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

got a laptop off the father the other day.It worked fine until the battery went dead.The battery wont charge and the laptop wont run off the mains.When i plug the charger into the laptop the light on the charger goes off, does this mean that there is a problem with the motherboard that it is short circuiting?
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:13   #6
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Nope, just sounds like a battery problem. I'm sure if you bought a new battery it would work perfectly.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:24   #7
BonBon
...has worn the t-shirt!

BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?BonBon has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

when i take the battery out aswell the same thing happens does this mean anything else?
Old 08-08-2009, 12:47   #8
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Correct me if I'm wrong but when you run off the mains, it basically runs off the battery but with a continuous supply so that a dead battery connected to the mains will allow you to turn the laptop on. To that end, I'm of the belief that no laptop will run off the mains with the battery disconnected.

If thati s all true, the problem is definitely the battery. That's also your cheaper avenue of troubleshooting.
Old 08-08-2009, 13:21   #9
BonBon
...has worn the t-shirt!

il give a new battery a try sure thanks!
its just that when i plug in the charger with the battery out the light on the chaarger goes off aswell!Taught it might be short circuited some where along the way to the battery
Old 08-08-2009, 13:23   #10
Sweey
*RETIRED*

That's because there's nothing to charge, at a guess. Obviously doing that could have short-circuited something but lets just hope not.
Old 22-09-2009, 15:55   #11
Gaher911
  • PSN: Gaher

Gaher911 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

is the (intle) Extreme better than the core 2 duo? and why?
thanks
Gaher911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 16:46   #12
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaher911 View Post
is the (intle) Extreme better than the core 2 duo? and why?
thanks
They're not motherboards. You're talking processors.

Try again here: http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=54677
Old 22-09-2009, 16:56   #13
Gaher911
  • PSN: Gaher

Gaher911 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

my mistake.
Gaher911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 11:56   #14
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

On the look out for a X58 board if anyone comes across one to go with a i7 950 CPU I picked up. Had a look around myself but these things are retailing and going for more than a modern board and the prices are insane.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 12:42   #15
Sweey
*RETIRED*

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-...3gb-s-raid-atx - worth a punt?

Few X58 motherboards are available as I'm sure you've discovered.

Note that the i7 950, like my 920, supports triple channel memory over dual channel. That means 3x2GB or 3x4GB is accessed faster than 2x2GB, 2x4GB, 4x2GB or 4x4GB. There are six RAM slots on the boards because of this. It isn't a massive difference but something to be aware of. That's the whole reason I'm stuck with 6GB RAM - I've got 3x2GB and feel that buying another 3x2 kit for 12GB total or replacing it with 3x4GB is a waste of money when ultimately in the next 6-24 months I'm replacing the lot anyway and would therefore be buying 4x4GB.