PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 01-07-2009, 03:08   #31
luxo.saty
  • Supports: Man Utd, Barca, AC Milan, Arsenal, Tottenham

luxo.saty is an unknown

very good points!we can come up with houndreads of ideas to make PES more realistic

speed of the game needs to decrease definitely
online needs to be improved
goalkeepers need to be improved
master league a hell of a lot to improve in there
fans
free kicks less difficult
player personalities and their style of play
players style of dribbling
tattoos
player database
leagues worldwide
music
more commentators to choose from

and many many more we can just watch football games and see whats missing on PES

luxo.saty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:18   #32
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Here's a great idea for anyone from Konami that might be reading this thread!!!

If you really want your game fixed and back to it's full glory and you're really serious about it, then email or PM me and I'll instruct you on what needs to be done.

That is all.
Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 14:57   #33
zzor

zzor is an unknown

Please add this idea in Master League section:
Master League: Randomised database

I think it add more replayability!
zzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 15:18   #34
!PrinceofEgypt
  • Supports: FEYENOORD
  • PSN: S_Musiq

!PrinceofEgypt has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

What really bothers me is the random transfer system, the development of players in BAL & ML and the amount of Leagues available In BAL & ML. It just sucks having to put teams of different leagues together or just leaving an entire league out.

As I was playing BAL, There were a few players that didn't exactly meet the expectations, like strikers not scoring/giving assists whatsoever. I think the game should react on that by not prolonging their contracts or putting them on the transferlist. I also noticed about the f-ed up random transfersystem. All of a sudden Messi is playing at Hull City, Cristiano Ronaldo at FC Groningen, Eto'o at Lecce. Certain players should have or obtain a certain status which should make them out of reach for the small clubs. There is no realism in the system, did you ever see a world class player accepting an offer of dutch team wether it is feyenoord, ajax or psv or any other.

Team/League Status
They should give the biggest leagues, EPL, La Liga, Serie A bigger status than the other leagues, so it will be a goal for the players to transfer to that particular league.

My idea of how to do this - because ML/BAL do not use preset leagues - Give the current teams a certain untouchable status other than the popularity indicator.
For instance Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Man U, Inter, Juve, Liverpool, Chelsea all have this big status. Concerning leagues, PSV have a topclub-status in the dutch league, but if you compare it to an EPL-club, they're in the same category as let's say Bolton Wanderers.

For example, you replicate EPL in League A, Eredivisie in League B. If you compare the clubs from top-to-bottom you notice that Ajax has less status than Man U, AZ less than Chelsea, PSV less than Liverpool, Feyenoord less than Arsenal. In this case the overall status of the Dutch league is much less appealing than the English league. What I’m trying to say is that the overall status of the leagues are determined by status of the teams combined, so that it also contrasts the league-status when putting all the original leagues’ top-teams together in one or just by randomly dividing the teams. In addition to this, the current popularity indication can be used based on results of players and teams. This should have major influence on the transfersystem and choices of the players themselves to which league or club they want to transfer.

Another problem is that the more seasons you play, the clubs get more and more balanced every year. To my opinion this has three different main causes:
1. The random transfer system (midclass players moving to big clubs/worldclass
players moving to small clubs/competitions)
2. The strange and unrealistic currency used and amateuristic money-flows
3. The extreme development of young players

1. Transfers
Like I stated before, transfers should be based on a combination of team-/league-/player status/popularity/ranking and of course available money.
For example if Barcelona (a club of the highest status) wants to contract a player, the player has to meet certain conditions like skills, experience, extreme talent/potential, high popularity. So that the average of the team will not be decreased by contracting a lot of mid-class players and therefore ends up in 7th place in the "spanish league". Also when players get older and lose skills or a player just doesn’t meet up to the expectations he should be put on the transferlist (you should also be able to see every club’s tranferlist to be more transparent) or his contract should not be renewed.
Furthermore I see that a lot of players stay at the same team for more than 8 seasons in a row, despite their decrease of skill or not functioning. We all know that the majority of players like to change teams from time to time (unlike Maldini, Gerrard, Totti etc.) Then how the f*** is it possible when playing BAL that Lucius is still playing at Feyenoord after 8 years. Also when transfers take place it would be more fun if the teams are able to be creative in formation settings which suit the players best (also for national teams), instead of sticking with the formation that is set ingame. For example Arsenal buys a few wingers and is left with only one real target man, while they were playing in a 4-4-2 formation before, give the team the ability to swap the standard formation to a 4-3-3 as it’s more suitable with the current selection of players.

Youth Players
Another idea apart from the newcomers section is the use of fictional youth players, having their debute between 17 and 20 years of age. At every new start of the season you’ll be given the choice to select 1 or 2 youth players for the first team or not (while playing ML). If you chose not to select them they will end up in the section currently known in the game as newcomers. This function can also play an important role in limiting the amount of foreign players in the teams by only using youth players with the same nationality of the club’s origin. This way you should also be able to turn off the rebirth of retired players which really bugs me out when seeing a 17-year old Nesta playing for West Ham United.

2. Moneyflows
To make the transfer market more realistic it should be based on a more Football-Manager-like level, introducing:
*The use of real currency there are no licences needed for this i assume XDlol (euros € for EU version and dollars $ for the NA version)
*Income generated out of merchandising and ticketing based on team- and player-popularity/status, size of the stadium* (we need more stadiums in amount and diversity “small-big”), and supporters amounts (which can be edited and also changed by popularity-status during the seasons).

When playing ML there should be a possibility to change stadiums as your popularity, and ranking grow, so you can host more supporters and boost your ticketing income. This can also be implemented in BAL but in this case you are not able to control it.
Large numbers of empty seats in big stadiums should also lead to loss of money.

3. Development of players
Concerning the extreme development of players; It’s in no way realistic seeing middle class players become world class players who exceed the likes of Pele, Cruyff, Maradonna and Zidane. This also has a negative effect on the team and league balance. Low ranked teams who start out having young players will turn into superteams exceeding the current top teams as Real Madrid, because of the decrease of skills of the much older players who are in those teams and the bad, unrealistic transfers that take place. Some talents should not reach their potential, some good players or talents should suddenly fall back due to high expectations or slump form, like Adriano for example.
I would really like to see the konami-developers taking this in consideration for a change.

BAL
It’s really fucked up/unrealistic when…
…despite how good or bad you play you get substituted every match around the exact same time (65-70th minute).
…you are in the starting line up every match despite being in or out of form. The competition on your position should be much heavier it should not just be a given that you are in the starting line up without having to work hard for it.
…A.I. problem #1: you walk into free space for the perfect (high) through pass and your teammate passes it into the most unlikely direction you can think off (to other players as well as just uuhh the middle of fucking nowhere)
…your team ranking 1st place of the competition while scoring less goals then a team placed 15th
…A.I. problem #2: your defending teammates keep on kicking the ball over the sideline as the ball gets near the penalty-area
…A.I. problem #3: your defending teammates dribble the ball right into the feet of the opposing team (it happens way too often)
…A.I. problem #4: your defending teammates keep on passing the ball dangerously in front of goal (that’s a defender’s rule #1 to never defend in front of goal)
…you don’t have popularity ratings for players and teams like in ML
…you don’t have the possibility of being loaned out to a club in order to gain experience

The rest of the things that need to be improved are practically mentioned by the previous posts. Like more national (African) teams, graphics, additional development of your BAL player by training, Master League set up more like real-life (more leagues, more teams, implementing the CL and Europe League), Editing mode, music in stadium before and after the matches and so on.

What I really loved about PES2009 was that the editing possibilties were much bigger than with pes2008, including ingame music (i loved this part) and chants.

I love the PES-series but I think it’s a shame that when a game has so much potential, Konami doesn’t put in the effort that’s needed to reach his full potential.

1. How long have you been playing PES?
since winning eleven 4 (1998) answering this question makes me feel old XD
2. What are the aspects that you like most about PES?
the realistic gameplay, the difficulty, obtaining more and more liscences
3. What are the aspects that you don’t like about PES?
as you can see, i wrote a buttload of criteria and suggestions above
!PrinceofEgypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 15:29   #35
Novaes
  • Supports: Flamengo

Novaes is an unknown

Well, I have some ideas to add. Some things really annoys me, like when you turn Drogba or C. Ronaldo in different ways. These players constantly turns their way with the ball using the ankle, and it is too much random (was very, very constant at 1.0). It should be considered a drible, like the R2 + arrow drible, which the player turns a lot faster than it does on normal arrow pushing.

Ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgxGu0Yjuv4 (30').

Another thing. Players like Quaresma, that does not use the weak foot at all, should cross and do long passes like they do as shoting the ball, if they have enough hability to do that. I don't know how this play is called in english (I'm brazilian) but if you did not get it, that's another example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unyVFgDbeZ8

The last one, is the chip difficulty. If the player is far from keeper, and the keeper is going out of the goal, the chip shot is usualy over the bar, or at keeper hand. On previous versions it was a bit more realistic.

Sorry for my bad english, but that's the problem of not being native and not having too much contact with the language.
Novaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 22:24   #36
Stormrider
  • Supports: Manchester United

Stormrider has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Stormrider has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Stormrider has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Great post Prince completely agree on all aspects. I was shocked in BAL when I transferred to Ligue 1 in my 4th season and found out every team had at least 2 Rooney caliber players. So many players develop so unrealistically that they make players like Gerrard and Kaka look like school girls. And Gerrard is always leaving Liverpool 1st chance he gets! I also don't know what Seabass' fascination with Alan Smith is he still develops well . I really think they were high when they were working on development curves. Good concept, poor execution.

Many things you guys mentioned are actually in previous versions just have no idea why they needlessly remove features. Injury variation was in Pes 3. I think it was Pes 5 that teams changed formations in the ML according to the players they acquire. The keeper actually come out and play the ball in Pes 3 when you're camped in opponent's half like in real life.
Stormrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 00:30   #37
Chilli81
  • Supports: Borussia Dortmund

Chilli81 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneChilli81 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneChilli81 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneChilli81 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneChilli81 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneChilli81 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Change!!!! Yes we can!!!

i love PES, showed a lot of loyalty all the years but some things got to CHANGE!!!

Licenced Teams: BUNDESLIGA COMEBACK!!! or i'm gonna buy Fifa. and i can't understand why the amount of teams is that low. the more teams the better. also some national teams like bosnia, north-corea are needed if you like to play a real world cup next year. If its not possible to get a Licence, why don't Konami put in the fantasy names like they already did in the past time???!

Referees: Sure Instincts needed. They act and judge like a monkey

A.I.: Lower amount of extra-super-hard fouls by computer-controlled team mates, so much unneeded yellow and red cards earned altough playing fair and safe.

Goalkeepers: a) less rebounds on easy shots

b) more efficient goalkeeping 1-on-1 situations

Stadiums: MORE Stadiums!! especially more european stadiums, nobody needs fantasy or japanese stadiums. What about Anfield, Old Trafford, Signal Iduna Park, Werder Bremen Stadium, Arena Schalke, Stamford Bridge, Rhein-Neckar-Arena, Hamburg Stadium, Olympic Stadium Berlin...

Atmosphere/Fans: Better Stadium Sound and Cheers Atmosphere. And oh my God, MORE COLOUR!!!! more scarfs, more flags more party. sometimes it seems there are 30000 people, all wearing the same grey and white t-shirts. awful... Longer Entrance and Cup-Winning-Animations! Better Commentary...

Master League: Ability to play with created teams from League B
Change Transfer currency to EUROS or DOLLARS

Gameplay: No "Freeze-Effects" after Freekicks!!!

Edit Mode:
Better Face-Scan Mode, especially the ability to add beards to scanned faces.

Ability to change nationality for ALL in-game-players!

More Shoes, More Balls!

More Dribble, Shot-Animation

Bring back the "un-tucked-shirts"-Ability

Music/Sound:
Ability to add entrance sound, jingle sound after scoring a goal!!! Increasing the time for an edited chant, not only 1 minute and then repeating...

Online Updates:
We don't need updates if they DESTROY everything we created on our own shoulders. Every Created Player, every own created team, everything damaged after updating. More Compatibility between the updates, the ability to use data from Version 1.01 with Version 1.06 or whatever
Chilli81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:33   #38
sol8823

sol8823 is an unknown

improvements that i would like to see would be more editing options, such as stadiums, cleats, kits, and more online updates from konami no need to say improved gameplay because i have seen this in the previews.
sol8823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 15:49   #39
Perfectstrik
  • Supports: neutral just love football

Perfectstrik is an unknown

What i would LOVE to see in pes2010 and beyond is in this list,although personal choices i feel that from playing konami football games for 16 years and experiencing the highs and lows these are the areas where pes needs to be improved as i have quite a broad experience of konami football games.

1.Greater control and directional placement of goal kicks.

2.Iss,perfect strikers n64 one-two system that also allowed you to delay.

3.The ability to do keep me ups or juggle the ball.

4.Better player control and responsiveness.

5.Greater curl or spin that we the user can add to the ball.

6.Better more accurate heading of the ball.

7.The long pass has been improved greatly in pes2009 but would it be possible to allow manual elevation changes with the left thumbstick or d-pad much like ISS and perfect striker with full manual control on whipped in crosses from the wings rather then having to be parallel to the box or have to press the l1+circle buttons.

8.A much better through ball that players run onto more and a greater level of direction and pace control.

9.More support from players off the ball especially for forwards from the midfield and more of a desire from forwards to attack space and the box on crosses.

10.A greater level of directional control on short passes,long passes,shooting and the through ball,everything still feels limited to 45 and 90 degree angles unlike ISS or perfect striker which gave the user 360 degree directional control.

11.Chipping the keeper by pulling back on the left thumbstick or d-pad while pressing the shoot button as the system in pes doesnt look natural and doesnt require any skill or timing.

12.More tricks including the rainbow flick but only by players that have this ability.

13.j-league teams and maybe the return of world dreams,japan dreams.

14.The power bar on shots and the long pass is to sensitive and theres no feel or sense of weight in the ball.

15.More seamless fluid animation like ISS or perfect striker.

16.360 degree player control like ISS or perfect striker the 8-axis movement in pes feels to rigid and flat and less free.I also liked the way you could make angled movements in ISS by using gentle presses of the dash button and left thumbstick or d-pad.

17.The team you start with in the masterleague is to weak,even a team with low stats or weak players would be able to do the basics better ie pass and shoot in real life.

18.Bring back the pressure sensitive controls for passing,shooting and penalties just like ISS and perfect striker on the n64,power bars are to sensitive and theres no feel.With perfect striker and ISS n64 there was no power bars as you had more feel in your button presses and how that effected the ball please bring this level of refinement back.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING PES?
Since ISS on the snes right through to ISS/perfect striker 1999 on the n64,perfect striker3 ps2,ISS pro ps1,pes1-6 ps2,pes2009 ps3.(AROUND 16 YEARS)

WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE PES?
Pes2009 ps3,pes6 and j-league we cc2008 ps2.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT PES?
The look and feel of the game and its unique gameplay qualities that fifa cannot match,pes just feels and plays more like real football as well as having a general look to the players,stadiums that reflects the finer details of the real game.

WHAT DONT YOU LIKE ABOUT PES?
The fact that ISS and perfect striker gave you a much greater level of control on the long pass,crosses,through pass plus had the best one-two system ever in a football game that could be delayed and was more smooth and responsive even though the short pass is better in PES.

WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE KONAMI FOOTBALL GAME?
Probably j-league perfect striker3 ps2 because of its deep control mechanics and super ai although the short pass and graphics have aged badly,pes2009 is close to perfection but needs to be more like this game.

Please have a look konami at this video and my others of perfect striker 3 on the ps2,while the short pass is definetly better in pes there are some brilliant elements in perfect striker that would take pes2010 into a different dimension.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12KdxIq5o0o

Last edited by Perfectstrik; 02-07-2009 at 17:13.. Reason: wanted to add more text
Perfectstrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 18:10   #40
soc160

soc160 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

These should all be looked at

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=71189

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=71190

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=71243
soc160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 20:52   #41
matec7

matec7 is an unknown

For tactics: I think it would be really good if free-kick variations were allowed. Either pre-set, either customizable ones would be exciting. Thanks.
for ex.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH3uDNr7XDU
matec7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 20:54   #42
matec7

matec7 is an unknown

And for gameplay: allow players to let the ball go out, no auto-touch, sometimes it's annoying that i can clearly see that if i touch it, the ball goas off from be, but if i don't touch it we get he throw-in.
Old 02-07-2009, 21:00   #43
matec7

matec7 is an unknown

Other: Indoor football like fifa '98? what do you say?
Old 02-07-2009, 21:01   #44
matec7

matec7 is an unknown

Penalty: Panenka-like chip penalties whit lob button!
Old 02-07-2009, 21:14   #45
willmo
  • XBox: willmo
  • PSN: solidwilms

willmo has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by matec7 View Post
And for gameplay: allow players to let the ball go out, no auto-touch, sometimes it's annoying that i can clearly see that if i touch it, the ball goas off from be, but if i don't touch it we get he throw-in.
Quote:
For tactics: I think it would be really good if free-kick variations were allowed. Either pre-set, either customizable ones would be exciting. Thanks.
for ex.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH3uDNr7XDU
Quote:
Other: Indoor football like fifa '98? what do you say?
Quote:
Penalty: Panenka-like chip penalties whit lob button!
your in trouble! 4 posts on the trot.
willmo is offline   Reply With Quote