PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 21-11-2005, 01:27   #1
dorval

dorval has disabled reputation

Benfica

My God, how can this be? A thread about Porto and no thread about Benfica. Don't be ridiculous. I should've known of this sooner..

So, how is Benfica doing this season? We're playing nice attractive football and pulling off some nice performances. The start of the season wasn't that fantastic but Koeman finally arranged a good system. Although sometimes I don't get the guy. I mean, we could've won against United. Why on earth did he have to put Beto and not Geovanni from beginning? And why were we defending the draw when he said that we were going to play to win? What is he afraid of? If he's afraid at least don't tell the supporters and the players that we'll play to win. Against Villarreal here at Lisbon it was the same shit. Against Braga, yesterday the same thing. Damn you Koeman.

Now even though we were champions last year with Trapattoni, I didn't like the guy. Benfica was playing shit with him. It was horrbile to watch.
We were very lucky to win the championship, I tell thee. I don't get it. After Trapattoni left why didn't we sign Camacho? He was doing an excellent job at Benfica before going to Madrid (He won the Portuguese Cup against Mourinho's Porto champions league winner). But Koeman is alright, at least we're playing nice, attractive football and winning matches.
Blast off on their spaceships
Million miles from reality
No care for you, no care for me
So much trouble in the world"
-Bob Marley

"Only God knows what would happen if a nuclear turkey would fall onto the hands of a terrorist organisation." -Citizen Dog by Mark O'Hare

"If Jesus comes back, we'll kill him again."

dorval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 14:26   #2
dorval

Today Benfica will play against Lille at Stade de France. This is crucial for us. Benfica needs to win. According to A Bola , portuguese most important sports newspaper, Miccoli will play but Simão won't! I think Simão needs a rest because he's not at 100% so it's no use playing him.
Léo will probably play as left winger and Ricardo Rocha on the left. I just hope he doesn't put Beto. We should play like this if we want to win:

---------------------R. Néreu-------------------------------
Nélson------Luisão--------Anderson----------R.Rocha--------

-----------------------Petit---------------------------------

-------------------------------M. Fernandes-----------------

Geovanni----------------Karyaka-----------------Léo---------

--------------------Nuno Gomes------------------------------

Or maybe Geovanni as left winger, Miccoli on the right, and Nélson would play on the entire right flank so that Miccoli could go to the middle...I don't know...We'll see.
I just hope Koeman plays to win from the beginning! We need this win! And we're Benfica for f*ck's sake! The opponents are Lille! Let's wipe them out! What is Benfica afraid of? Our team is far better!! Let's see if Koeman has the balls...
-Bob Marley

"Only God knows what would happen if a nuclear turkey would fall onto the hands of a terrorist organisation." -Citizen Dog by Mark O'Hare

Old 22-11-2005, 14:28   #3
Stella Artois

Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Simão is leaving soon anyway.

You've got a good manager in Koeman, I imagine you'll do well this season.

"The conclusion that worries me is that Arsenal could pick nine reserves and score six goals at Anfield. We had seven of the first team and could not win.

"There is a lesson in this for the whole of our club."

Yes. You're rubbish.
Quote:
I'm not going to mention what did Stella Artois used to tell me. I don't want to compare anyone to Stella.
Stella Artois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 14:30   #4
dorval

I sincerely hope not. He's the symbol of Benfica. I mean you think of Benfica and (nowadays) you automatically think of Simão. If we sell him we should ask at least for 20 million euros otherwise it's not worth it. It'll be very difficult to replace him, not only because he's a symbol of Benfica but also because he's our best player. We'll need someone better.
Yes, I'm happy with Koeman.
-Bob Marley

Old 23-11-2005, 09:54   #5
mufcno1

mufcno1 is an unknown

they will get about 13 million pounds for him
koeman is a good coach i also think the loan saigning of micolli was a good signing
we all hate porto but i am a man utd fan so i hate them even more
mufcno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 10:05   #6
Eric Clyde
  • Supports: Rangers
  • XBox: ClydeFrog50
  • PSN: ClydeFrog50

Eric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Does this mean there should be a thread about Sporting Lisbon?

Just kidding, I know there is quite a few Benfica fans on this site.

Must have been a great game against Braga, would have liked to have seen it but unfortunately the Portuguese game of the week was Panafiel and Sporting.

Anyway, Benfica have a great chance of qualifying for the next knockout phase as the others in the group, Man Utd will be tough but in Champions League I can see Benfica overcoming them.
Jeff: Butt sex requires a lot of lubrication, right? Lubrication. Lubruh... Chupuh... Chupacabra 's the, the goat killer of Mexican folklore. Folklore is stories from the past that are often fictionalized. Fictionalized to heighten drama. Drama students! Students at colleges usually have bicycles! Bi, bian, binary. It's binary code!
Chef: Who's havin' butt sex?
Eric Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 10:22   #7
mufcno1

mufcno1 is an unknown

the way my team are playing its gonna be a close match i think it could be any one of the four to go through the game against benfica should be really good though as long as rooney ronaldo and simao are all playing
mufcno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 11:19   #8
Yi-Long

Yi-Long has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Yi-Long has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufcno1
they will get about 13 million pounds for him
koeman is a good coach i also think the loan saigning of micolli was a good signing
we all hate porto but i am a man utd fan so i hate them even more

I dont think Koeman is a good coach at all. First of all, he's a defensive coach, who is too scared to risk a big loss, so he won't take any chances and rather play for safe, instead of going for the win with attacking, fast football.
Second of all, he will have fall-outs with players. He doesnt seem to be a very ncie or good personality.
3rd of all, in his years at Ajax, pretty much NONE of the players improved. Actually, most of the greatest talents fell into a form-crisis, like Van der Vaart, Sneijder, and many more. He doesnt give the players the freedom, confidence and responsibilities they should be given when they're playing, which makes them too affraid to make their own actions and decisions on the pitch, while trying desperately to remember and follow all the instructions the coach had given them before the match...

At Vitesse he was also nothing special...

A coach like Koeman just gets the coaching job because he was a great footballer. But not all good footballers make good coaches. So I'm wondering how long his coaching carreer will last. Ofcourse, people can learn from their mistakes, so perhaps Koeman will be a very different coach 10 years form now ... but the koeman that was at Ajax and Vitesse, was pretty mediocre...
Yi-Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 13:25   #9
fluke88

fluke88 has disabled reputation

Simão is supposed to be on the way to anfield ive heard they (Benfica) have struck a deal with Liverpool over him, it just depends on if Benfica get past the group stage which is a doubt now. So come on Simão let's be havin you. And let's hope the mank's help us get him as they need to beat Benfica to go through.
Old 23-11-2005, 16:14   #10
dorval

Daz_Rangers51 thank God you didn't watch Braga - Benfica. It was not that good even though it appears so because of the result. Benfica played awfully. All we did was defending the result, since we scored first and then we lost. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with Koeman. He's afraid of taking risks. It's prefrerable to lose a match but play to win it instead of losing one and doing nothing to win. If he doesn't want to take risks then he's not a coach for Benfica! We want Camacho! Con gañas, hombre! Qué mierda! For the second time I don't understand why didn't we sign Camacho after Trapattoni...
And then after Lille - Benfica Koeman was saying that he was very happy with his players and with the result. For God's sake. How can he say that? Against Lille? If the game was against Juventus I could understand...BUT LILLE? I don't get it honestly...And now against United I'll like to say how we're going to play...With 65 000 people in the stadium...I don't think he has the balls to play defensively...I hope that we win. I think that if we play our game we can win. I think we can beat him. We just have to play football. It's simply simple.
By the way, Koeman is only an offensive coach against shitty teams. I have to agree with Yi - Long. But he ain't as defensive as Trapattoni thank God.
-Bob Marley

Old 24-11-2005, 12:30   #11
mufcno1

mufcno1 is an unknown

personally i think any result in europe is a good result as it is the hardest cup competition in the world
Old 24-11-2005, 13:14   #12
nikos24
  • Supports: Panathinaikos FC
  • PSN: kingtrynd

nikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Benfica are a great club, no doubt. Simao is a world class leader too.

Lol, thats the only thing i could think about right now. Lol.
Old 24-11-2005, 13:22   #13
Barry
  • Supports: Ajax, Boston Celtics
  • XBox: The Clogfather

Barry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yi-Long
I dont think Koeman is a good coach at all. First of all, he's a defensive coach, who is too scared to risk a big loss, so he won't take any chances and rather play for safe, instead of going for the win with attacking, fast football.
Second of all, he will have fall-outs with players. He doesnt seem to be a very ncie or good personality.
3rd of all, in his years at Ajax, pretty much NONE of the players improved. Actually, most of the greatest talents fell into a form-crisis, like Van der Vaart, Sneijder, and many more. He doesnt give the players the freedom, confidence and responsibilities they should be given when they're playing, which makes them too affraid to make their own actions and decisions on the pitch, while trying desperately to remember and follow all the instructions the coach had given them before the match...

At Vitesse he was also nothing special...

A coach like Koeman just gets the coaching job because he was a great footballer. But not all good footballers make good coaches. So I'm wondering how long his coaching carreer will last. Ofcourse, people can learn from their mistakes, so perhaps Koeman will be a very different coach 10 years form now ... but the koeman that was at Ajax and Vitesse, was pretty mediocre...
Defensive coach...yes. But Portuguese fans wants results, maybe even more than good football. He brought Ajax championships, brought us to the quarters of the CL(only to be halted by Milan, but thats a whole different story). He still has to learn a lot, he has his flaws of course.

The defensive, not all out style fits into the Portuguese competition, without condescending to that league of course.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 22:59   #14
dorval

mufcno1 against Lille a draw ain't a good result. If we had played with an attacking formation we would've won. Our team is far better. I know it isn't that simple but we would have more possibilities of winning!

nikos24 - Then I was right. He's our little captain.

The thing about the game against Lille is that he had to build a formation to win. It'll be more difficult to win against Manchester, even though I believe we can. We'll see...Simão won't play...
-Bob Marley

Old 25-11-2005, 02:10   #15
nikos24
  • Supports: Panathinaikos FC
  • PSN: kingtrynd

nikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Oh Dorval, Sabrosa is not small, its just that referee is huge! I know him, Dutch i think. Bad luck tp us when he referees our games, i dont like him really. As for Simao, he wont play against Man.U? . Thats a big let down, but then again, a team is consisted of 11 players. With or without Simao, Benfica stand a strong chance, at the end of the day, they have their passionate home crowd behind their backs. I believe they can make it, and cause a huge shock.