PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 20-07-2008, 02:17   #16
cadey
  • Supports: Manchester City FC

cadey has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?cadey has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?cadey has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?cadey has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?cadey has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?cadey has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?cadey has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?cadey has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?cadey has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Brett Lee is the obvious choice but hes the best of a poor bunch.

cadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 12:34   #17
PEM
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: HMehta07

PEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Zaheer Khan? Anyone?

Steyn has been great at the moment, his pace and swing is phenomenal. Morkel has Bowled well, but about Sharma, I've seen him play almost every game for India, and yes he is a good bowler, i don't see what all the fuss is about? Could someone explain to be please.
PEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 17:14   #18
Jonny2J
  • XBox: Jonny2J

Jonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Bradman's average obviously speaks for itself, but it's hard to judge really players from that long ago, although from what I've seen he was the best reader of a ball that you could imagine, he seemed to practically pick it before the bowler even had.

But for me this man is the greatest batsmen of all time.

Lara's the best in my lifetime though who I've seen in their prime.

Obviously PEM will say Sachin. :jester:
Jonny2J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 18:25   #19
Jonny2J

Jonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Can't wait for next summer.
Old 20-07-2008, 20:16   #20
PEM

PEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by AliPEM has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny2J View Post
Bradman's average obviously speaks for itself, but it's hard to judge really players from that long ago, although from what I've seen he was the best reader of a ball that you could imagine, he seemed to practically pick it before the bowler even had.

But for me this man is the greatest batsmen of all time.

Lara's the best in my lifetime though who I've seen in their prime.

Obviously PEM will say Sachin. :jester:
The one and only Sachin Baby! Although i did not rate him during a brief time.
average of 55.31 in tests and 44.34 in ODI's. A great player, so small yet big outcomes. A clear example of the term, Big things come in small packages.

Lara has an average of 52.88 and a ODI average of 40.48 Nowhere near Sachin's standards. Great player, but not as great as the little master.

Just look at this

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l67JtoxAplU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l67JtoxAplU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
______________________________ ______________________________ ____

I also cannot wait for the ashes, England need to pick up from that embarrassment in the last ashes. The ashes in my eyes is the most competitive and glorious even that happens within the game even though only 2 teams take part within it.

BARMY ARMY!
Old 20-07-2008, 20:22   #21
Jonny2J

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEM View Post
Lara has an average of 52.88 and a ODI average of 40.48 Nowhere near Sachin's standards. Great player, but not as great as the little master.
Look at the players Sachin had around him though, Dravid, Laxman etc

Lara never had anything like the support Sachin has had in his career, nowhere near.
Old 20-07-2008, 20:30   #22
PEM

Quote:
Look at the players Sachin had around him though, Dravid, Laxman etc

Lara never had anything like the support Sachin has had in his career, nowhere near.
In the end, its what the individual player does himself, not what the other guy is doing. Lara had a brief time with some good players like Sarwan, Chanderpaul and Gayle.

But you are forgetting, look at the age Sachin Established himself, right at the age of 16. From his first game he's gone on steady hitting big scores in every format. He still is going on strong, but he is starting to get rotated within the ODI side as he is getting old.

lets not also forget he can bowl Off spin, leg spin even the bit of right medium, a good fielder too. He chips in every department, one thing Lara lacks in.
(Yes we are talking about BATSMAN but hey thought i would give a little cheap shot in there.)

Stats don't lie, and it clearly shows, Sachin with the better average should be given the right as the better batsman.
Old 20-07-2008, 20:38   #23
Jonny2J

Quote:
In the end, its what the individual player does himself, not what the other guy is doing. Lara had a brief time with some good players like Sarwan, Chanderpaul and Gayle.

But you are forgetting, look at the age Sachin Established himself, right at the age of 16. From his first game he's gone on steady hitting big scores in every format. He still is going on strong, but he is starting to get rotated within the ODI side as he is getting old.

lets not also forget he can bowl Off spin, leg spin even the bit of right medium, a good fielder too. He chips in every department, one thing Lara lacks in.
(Yes we are talking about BATSMAN but hey thought i would give a little cheap shot in there.)

Stats don't lie, and it clearly shows, Sachin with the better average should be given the right as the better batsman.
That's quite clearly not the case though in a game like cricket, as Lara has had to carry his team at times with the bat, and with the nature of what was Lara's game, at times he had to do things that weren't natural to him just to make sure his team actually stayed in it at times.

Lara for me has also made more defining innings in his career than Sachin who at times just seems to go through the motions for me, when Lara done it, he done it in style.

Sachin is still class though, definitely the two stand outs of a generation. Followed by Steve Waugh.
Old 20-07-2008, 20:42   #24
PEM

Quote:
That's quite clearly not the case though in a game like cricket, as Lara has had to carry his team at times with the bat, and with the nature of what was Lara's game, at times he had to do things that weren't natural to him just to make sure his team actually stayed in it at times.

Lara for me has also made more defining innings in his career than Sachin who at times just seems to go through the motions for me, when Lara done it, he done it in style.

Sachin is still class though, definitely the two stand outs of a generation. Followed by Steve Waugh.
Sachin is still better :P

haha, that was a nice little discussion, Next topic.

Should Micheal Vaughn MY LORD! stay as England captain?
Old 20-07-2008, 20:43   #25
Jonny2J

Quote:
Sachin is still better :P

haha, that was a nice little discussion, Next topic.

Should Micheal Vaughn MY LORD! stay as England captain?
Memories of singing that pissed at many an England game.

That's a tough one actually, as at the end of the day who is there to replace him?

4 more wickets for Harmison today btw.
Old 20-07-2008, 21:31   #26
PEM

Quote:
Memories of singing that pissed at many an England game.

That's a tough one actually, as at the end of the day who is there to replace him?

4 more wickets for Harmison today btw.
KP can take over even Collingwood if he was a regular. I don't see why Freddie can't give it a bash.

Good bowling from Harmy today. Unfortunately we lost today

some good bowling from Carter did not pay off in the end. Personally i thought Trott could have hit a little more than he did but ah well, thats another loss to kent :|

first in the twenty20 now in the pro40 :\
Old 21-07-2008, 18:46   #27
Jonny2J

Fucking disgusting.
Old 21-07-2008, 20:43   #28
PEM

Quote:
Fucking disgusting.
haha, typical England aye.
Old 21-07-2008, 20:46   #29
Jonny2J

Quote:
haha, typical England aye.
There's just so many things wrong with the setup as a whole at the moment, Moores seems to be afraid as well to get rid of some of the so-called established players as well. Things are in need of a big freshen up, absolutely huge as a matter of fact.
Old 21-07-2008, 22:17   #30
Top Gun
  • XBox: Zodiac19

Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Broad getting 60 odd means he won't get dropped although on his bowling performance he should. Pattinson should go for Harmison but Jones or Hoggard would also be improvements, I would get rid of Bell for Shah who hasn't got a chance yet despite being impressive whenever I've seen him.
Top Gun is offline   Reply With Quote