PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
User Tag List

Old 15-01-2017, 19:00   #16
OCKRASS

OCKRASS is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastOCKRASS is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastOCKRASS is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastOCKRASS is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conarmy View Post
The thing with FIFA is that the tendencies (how the AI plays) of the CPU can be altered via the sliders- and if done well, can make the game really good indeed.

With the default sliders, I find the CPU teams mark the user's teams too tightly and it's hard to get a shot off. I lowered the marking level a little bit; slowed the acceleration/sprint speeds a little for both the CPU AI and my own team(s); I turned the injury severity down somewhat, and also the frequency of injuries.

I changed one or two other settings as well- and I had some really well-balanced games in my last season (I finished 4th with Crystal Palace (thought I'd pick 'lesser' teams this year).

I haven't bothered with altering the CPU AI teams' formations/tactics etc.- the teams play with enough variety for me. This is the first year where I have felt a real general difference between opposing teams- put it this way- they do not all play in the same way.

I'm playing on "World Class" this year- but for the first time in years, I'm not playing with "all manual" settings (I usually play on "Professional" with manual settings. I'm using "semi" where possible, and "assisted" where it isn't.

I really thought about this, and I had so much fun with "old school" football games, and none of them had manual settings- including PES 5 of course.

"Manual" is far from perfect, and I play a more fluid and enjoyable game now. I like to look for space and pass the ball around, I don't go from "box to box" like a headless chicken.

I'm enjoying the game, that's the main thing- I just couldn't do that with PES 2017, not properly.

Last year was frustration city with PES 2016 and its shitty goalkeepers and karate-expert CPU AI GBH Crew! Fouls all over the place, it isn't much better this year. Those stupid, cheesy "rival games" (derbies)- Konami are full of shit...

EA Sports put so much into the game, even the tracklist; I never fail to find quite a few good songs from the collection. The commentary is on a totally different level- I happen to think Alan Smith does an excellent job as co-commentator- Tyler is great.

I got so sick, so quickly, of hearing Peter Drury's "More, and more, and more!!" after yet another bullshit goal from the CPU teams.

Bring back Peter Brackley and Trevor Brooking! hahaha

I didn't mean to type all of this but it just has to be said. I was once a massive fan of the PES series until PES 2008!! I liked PES 2013 (the best since PES 5), and I even enjoyed playing PES 2014. For me, it went down hill again with PES 2015. I hate the 2016 version, and am pissed off that they just flicked a switch and made the 'keepers better this year.

I'm not one to use offensive language... but fuck 'em!
PESGaming is one of the few sites you can post negative feedback on PES or mention Fifa ...and not get banned.

I have been banned from a particular site for saying PES is sheeit.

This is why I always come back to share my thoughts/opinions.

You would not believe how many will use your comments as a guide on how to approach PES next year.

Keep posting.

OCKRASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:48   #17
The Dude
His Dudeness
  • Supports: Dynamo St. Petersburg
  • PSN: slippy627

The Dude has discovered the General Forums. God help us.The Dude has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCKRASS View Post
Sup Dude?

I see that you joined this site 2 years after I did ..which was when PES was at its highest rating. Its been 13years for me and 11 for you.

My struggle was also adjusting to Fifa after decades of playing PES.
But I made up my mind to move away from the crap Seabass was serving year after year. I too was a soldier for PES. Cursing anyone who suggested that Fifa was better.

At this point in my life I dont need stress. PES is pure living hell stress ...year after year. Fifa has its problem, but there is no stress.

Give Fifa a try! start out with the training modules...then play offline.

Peace

i have bought every PES since PES 5. i think it was PES 15 which was terrible. The one where they made a world cup add on. first one on ps4 maybe. i bought it and hated it so i sold it after a month. So I bought FIFA played that. it was ok. I sold FIFA & I bought PES when the world cup part came out. This year i tried playing FIFA but i just like PES better. I just dont like the gameplay in FIFA but I love the career mode.

I just cant stand guys named Smith or Johnson being in the game for Thailand. also duplicate players in the game. Im so sick of editing. there is just to much to do. I made the Russian Premier league AGAIN so im playing PES. Im not editing anything else thou. If PES makes an update that messes everything up im done.

I wish Big Ant would make a soccer game. I bought the cricket & the rugby league game. Love them both. I knew nothing about either sport before I bought them which kind of makes it better. I dont know guys are on the wrong team or stuff like that unlike PES game. If i know there are mistakes in PES, it just annyoys me and i have to fix it. I saw some company like Big Ant made a Rugby Union game too which i want to try.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:46   #18
OCKRASS

OCKRASS is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastOCKRASS is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastOCKRASS is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastOCKRASS is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
i have bought every PES since PES 5. i think it was PES 15 which was terrible. The one where they made a world cup add on. first one on ps4 maybe. i bought it and hated it so i sold it after a month. So I bought FIFA played that. it was ok. I sold FIFA & I bought PES when the world cup part came out. This year i tried playing FIFA but i just like PES better. I just dont like the gameplay in FIFA but I love the career mode.

I just cant stand guys named Smith or Johnson being in the game for Thailand. also duplicate players in the game. Im so sick of editing. there is just to much to do. I made the Russian Premier league AGAIN so im playing PES. Im not editing anything else thou. If PES makes an update that messes everything up im done.

I wish Big Ant would make a soccer game. I bought the cricket & the rugby league game. Love them both. I knew nothing about either sport before I bought them which kind of makes it better. I dont know guys are on the wrong team or stuff like that unlike PES game. If i know there are mistakes in PES, it just annyoys me and i have to fix it. I saw some company like Big Ant made a Rugby Union game too which i want to try.
"I just cant stand guys named Smith or Johnson being in the game for Thailand"
....That line killed me.

I totally agree that there should be a third option where footie games are concerned. But it seems that a lot of developers have found that football is one of...if not ...the hardest game to simulate as a video game without massive issues. EA and PES have been at it a long time now and should have ironed out the kinks.

You also prove a point that not everyone is going to like Fifa, the gameplay is different and can take a while to get used to. There is absolutely nothing wrong with loving PES and only playing PES.

I wish that Konami would sell the game to another developer with a more enthused team inspired by the spirit of the game that brings unique and innovative ways to move PES forward.
Wishful thinking

I cannot keep up with having to redo an option file or editing players after each update. Hence, I stick with Fifa. For me it is wayyyyyyy less stressful, easy to play and since I like competing online, it is the best of the two options.

Lets hope there are no more updates heading PES way anytime soon.

Peace
OCKRASS is offline   Reply With Quote