PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 06-12-2005, 12:56   #1
Barry
  • Supports: Ajax, Boston Celtics
  • XBox: The Clogfather

Barry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

The Official Eredivisie/Dutch Football Thread

Allright. Got your attention? Good.

I know our league is far from the best leagues, but I grew up with it and well, would like to inform you. I was gonna make an Ajax-thread, but then I figured Im probably the only Ajax-fan on here that posts regularly, so I might as well cover all Eredivisie football.

I wont bother you with the history of the teams, maybe Ill get some squadlists later, but for now Ill give updates on the results, fixtures, independent Team of The Week, and eventually Team of The Season and Players of The Season, and if you have questions about players/teams or other stuff, feel free to ask..
Dont worry, my Ajax-bias wont show through

Ok fellow peons, here's how it looks right now:

Code:
  1   PSV              35 points
  2   AZ Alkmaar      32 points
  3   Feyenoord         32 points
  4   NEC                  24 points
  5   Vitesse              23 points
  6   RKC Waalwijk      23 points
  7   FC Utrecht           21 points
  8   Ajax Amsterdam    21 points
  9   sc Heerenveen 
  10   FC Groningen 
  11   FC Twente  
  12   NAC Breda 
  13   Roda JC 
  14   Heracles Almelo 
  15   Sparta Rotterdam 
  16   ADO Den Haag 
  17   Willem II 
  18   RBC Roosendaal
We used to talk about a Top-3, but now we can talk about a.....well a top 8
For the complete standings, visit this site, with all statistics:
http://www.eredivisie.nl/subpage.aspx?l1=1667&l2=1676

THE TOPSCORERS, DATING 4 DECEMBER

Code:
 Arveladze, Shota 13   AZ ALKMAAR 
  Kuijt, Dirk 10  FEYENOORD
  Hoogendorp, Rick 10  RKC WAALWIJK
  Huntelaar, Klaas Jan 10 HEERENVEEN 
  Farfán, Jefferson 9 PSV
  Perez, Kenneth 8 AZ ALKMAAR
Revelations of this season so far have been:
Arveladze/Steinsson from AZ , Emanuelson from Ajax , Jonathan de Guzman from Feyenoord, Jefferson Farfan from PSV and some others.

Fxtures for this week;
f9/12 Roda JC NEC 20.30
10/12 SC Heerenveen Willem II 19.30
10/12 FC Twente AZ 20.00 vb
10/12 ADO Den Haag RBC Roosendaal 19.30
10/12 NAC Breda Heracles Almelo 19.30
11/12 Feyenoord PSV 12.30
11/12 Vitesse Ajax 14.30
11/12 FC Utrecht FC Groningen 14.30
11/12 RKC Waalwijk Sparta Rotterdam 14.30

Feel free to ask anything about my favourite league.
Anyway, if this doesnt interest you, here's some kittens.

Love.

Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 13:05   #2
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Nice post

I'm hoping AZ finally manage to win the title this season, though I doubt it. How is Castelen doing? I like him but was disappointed with his inability to run to the touchline with his blistering pace and cross the ball in the game against Italy. He seemed to prefer to cross from deep which didn't work out too well.

We'll start with that
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 13:11   #3
Barry

Barry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Well, seeing we are deemed chanceless for the title, Im hoping AZ could win it. They play the game like its supposed to be, lots of onetouch football and very attacking, Van Gaal is doing well. Feyenoord got kicked out of the UEFA Cup very fast, but they lack quality in their squad. PSV is strong and decent as usual, boring but effective.

Castelen. I doubt he'll be able to keep a place in the national team, because he lacks certain abilities. He's fast, technique is fine, but he lacks. He's currently injured, misses the clash with PSV this sunday and he'll be out till January or later. He's too inconsistent.
Old 06-12-2005, 13:30   #4
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Don't Feyenoord use him in a front-two with Kuijt? Surely he'd be better as a right-sided winger where his main requirements would be pace (which he has tons of) and his ability to cross?

Somebody shoot Jefferson Farfan. He scored against Milan
Old 06-12-2005, 13:42   #5
Barry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweey
Don't Feyenoord use him in a front-two with Kuijt? Surely he'd be better as a right-sided winger where his main requirements would be pace (which he has tons of) and his ability to cross?

Somebody shoot Jefferson Farfan. He scored against Milan
Nah, he usually plays right winger. Kuyt is partnered with Kalou, those two are untouchable and rightly so.

And yeah, Id love to shoot him. He dived against Ajax, and did it too last weekend. And there have been more causes known, he's scum. Talented scum, but I hate him so much for his dives. He doesnt need it.
Old 06-12-2005, 14:30   #6
Eric Clyde
  • Supports: Rangers
  • XBox: ClydeFrog50
  • PSN: ClydeFrog50

Eric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Nice, I like Dutch football. I think this is good to create a "league thread" were you can discuss about that league instead of having all these separate club threads. Much as I like Ajax, it's nice to see Shota top the scorers.

PSV only have 9 goals against them? RKC Waalwijk got like half of them.

So Barry, how do you think Ajax will come back from there terrible start?
Jeff: Butt sex requires a lot of lubrication, right? Lubrication. Lubruh... Chupuh... Chupacabra 's the, the goat killer of Mexican folklore. Folklore is stories from the past that are often fictionalized. Fictionalized to heighten drama. Drama students! Students at colleges usually have bicycles! Bi, bian, binary. It's binary code!
Chef: Who's havin' butt sex?
Eric Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 15:00   #7
nikos24
  • Supports: Panathinaikos FC
  • PSN: kingtrynd

nikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Rick Hoogendorp! I know that guy, he has been attracting Panathinaikos as a matter of fact. Real nice thread here Barry, Dutch football is exciting and contains two of the finest teams in Europe. PSV and ofcourse Ajax. Ajax and Panathinaikos are good friends actually, so that explains the Greeks at Ajax. How's Charisteas and Anastasiou doing at Ajax barry? Hope they are doing well, havent got much time to see them.

Anyway, i also support Ajax when it comes to Dutch football. Once again, good thread. I can be regularly updated about Ajax and their rising stars now, . I also must add Nicolae Mitea of Ajax looks real promising, ill be having a good eye for him now that this thread has been made. Very good,
Old 06-12-2005, 17:28   #8
Magpie4eva

Magpie4eva is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryvs

Anyway, if this doesnt interest you, here's some kittens.

Love.
That is the best part of your post!

Dutch football rocks, De Graafschap to win the second division and Ajax to win Premier!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to Rangers for the brill sig!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Magpie4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 18:02   #9
Barry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz_Rangers51
Nice, I like Dutch football. I think this is good to create a "league thread" were you can discuss about that league instead of having all these separate club threads. Much as I like Ajax, it's nice to see Shota top the scorers.

PSV only have 9 goals against them? RKC Waalwijk got like half of them.

So Barry, how do you think Ajax will come back from there terrible start?
Hmm, I reckon with all the quality, but bearing in mind the championship is far away, that we could go for 2nd or 3rd. This year we have play-offs, normally our 2nd place goes into CL Qualifiers but this year nrs. 1 2 3 4 5 and 6 will play eachother for that place.

Shit system, and timed totally wrong in a Worldcup season. So if we end 8th like we are now we dont have to play extra matches!Wahey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos
Rick Hoogendorp! I know that guy, he has been attracting Panathinaikos as a matter of fact. Real nice thread here Barry, Dutch football is exciting and contains two of the finest teams in Europe. PSV and ofcourse Ajax. Ajax and Panathinaikos are good friends actually, so that explains the Greeks at Ajax. How's Charisteas and Anastasiou doing at Ajax barry? Hope they are doing well, havent got much time to see them.

Anyway, i also support Ajax when it comes to Dutch football. Once again, good thread. I can be regularly updated about Ajax and their rising stars now, . I also must add Nicolae Mitea of Ajax looks real promising, ill be having a good eye for him now that this thread has been made. Very good,
Thanks.

Anastasiou is mainly used as supersub, did well in CL as you might have seen. Charisteas was out after the Arsenal match, but is back now, not fit yet though. Rosenberg is starting to get on form, so I doubt he'll be getting lots of playtime. Charisteas was also getting on form, but he got knocked out. Arsenal bastards

Havent heard about Mitea lately, he's still out with a serious injury, dont know when he'll be back. Ill get back to you with that.

Ah yes, Panathinaikos and Ajax. 1971, great final. Especially the outcome You chose the bad moment to shine though, Ajax was like the best team in the world back then. Would it have been a few years later, then you wouldve been remembered by even more.
Old 06-12-2005, 19:15   #10
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Hmm, I reckon with all the quality, but bearing in mind the championship is far away, that we could go for 2nd or 3rd. This year we have play-offs, normally our 2nd place goes into CL Qualifiers but this year nrs. 1 2 3 4 5 and 6 will play eachother for that place.
Explain that.

Let's say the top ten stay as they are until the end of the season. What would happen?
Old 06-12-2005, 19:33   #11
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

ajax are doing not so good now they have lots some good players

Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 22:53   #12
Barry

Quote:
Explain that.

Let's say the top ten stay as they are until the end of the season. What would happen?
Allright. Number one(currently PSV) automatically qualifies for the group stage of the CL.

Nrs 2,3,4,5,6 will, after the league is finished, play matches against eachother to determine who gets the spot in the CL qualifiers. Say the actual nr2 wins their playoffmatch, they go to the qualifiers. The other 4(could be 3, not sure) teams will go to the UEFA Cup

Last season the nr 2(ajax) was secured of a spot in the qualifiers, but they wanted to "spice" up things a bit, so they invented this.
Old 06-12-2005, 23:25   #13
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Quote:
Allright. Number one(currently PSV) automatically qualifies for the group stage of the CL.

Nrs 2,3,4,5,6 will, after the league is finished, play matches against eachother to determine who gets the spot in the CL qualifiers. Say the actual nr2 wins their playoffmatch, they go to the qualifiers. The other 4(could be 3, not sure) teams will go to the UEFA Cup

Last season the nr 2(ajax) was secured of a spot in the qualifiers, but they wanted to "spice" up things a bit, so they invented this.
Sounds like a stupid excuse to play too many games. The relegation/promotion play-off system you have is bad enough!
Old 07-12-2005, 13:18   #14
Eric Clyde
  • Supports: Rangers
  • XBox: ClydeFrog50
  • PSN: ClydeFrog50

Eric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Sounds like a stupid excuse to play too many games. The relegation/promotion play-off system you have is bad enough!
Yes, The team that finished 3rd deserves to go through in my opinion.
Jeff: Butt sex requires a lot of lubrication, right? Lubrication. Lubruh... Chupuh... Chupacabra 's the, the goat killer of Mexican folklore. Folklore is stories from the past that are often fictionalized. Fictionalized to heighten drama. Drama students! Students at colleges usually have bicycles! Bi, bian, binary. It's binary code!
Chef: Who's havin' butt sex?
Eric Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:27   #15
Barry

Good week for Dutch football, two teams in the next stage of the CL.
PSV got Fenerbahce at home, and finished it professionally.

Ajax was alread through, but drawed Arsenal 0-0 yesterday.
Not really exciting match, but I dont think anyone expected such.

This weekend its Feyenoord-PSV, a real clash, should be good. We better win, this is our chance to make up for lost ground.