PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 22-11-2014, 14:24   #61
stottmeister
  • Supports: 123456789

stottmeister has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?stottmeister has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?stottmeister has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?stottmeister has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?stottmeister has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?stottmeister has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?stottmeister has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?stottmeister has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?stottmeister has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?stottmeister has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillen102 View Post
Unless the CPU scores right after kick-off you might consider being a total douche and just time waste for the rest of the game by just passing between your defenders after you have taken the lead. That might change the outcome. As far as I know the CPU doesn't realize this and starts to press as high as a human player would. But then again, I don't think the CPU is capable of considering you a douche either
aha, I did this loads of times back in my PES5 days. LB, CB,CB,RB.. CB,CB,LB. Sometimes even being daring and including a winger or MF.

stottmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 21:18   #62
LanceButters

LanceButters has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Looks like the scripting/handicapping reduces or even isn't there,when having no passing assist. Maybe its just me.

EDIT:Still scripting and handicapping
LanceButters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 23:46   #63
sabocat

sabocat is an unknown

So, back to my original question...

Maybe I'm stupid, but I'm not seeing where people have edited the AI of previous generations of the game. Is this actually possible?
sabocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 23:49   #64
rbcfc1
  • Supports: Celtic FC
  • PSN: RBCFC1

rbcfc1 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.rbcfc1 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.rbcfc1 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

take your chances in front of goal and defend better simples!
rbcfc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 11:42   #65
skickahit10
  • Supports: Associazione Calcio Milan

skickahit10 is on a bad road

this trick that was true for PES 2014 (http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?p=2078493) is also - as I discovered today - true for PES 2015 as well

thus - if you delete system.bin, restart the game (enter all your personal settings again) and then write-protect it the game will be much less frustrating according to my experience.
"when i'm stuffing a young 21 year old, college slut [...] she's more free and willing to show you all sort of things you'd never expect and each time i bang her it's completely different [...] as is PES."
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
skickahit10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 15:19   #66
LanceButters

Looks like i've found a way on ps4.
Old 24-11-2014, 22:29   #67
Sambo11

Sambo11 is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabocat View Post
Ok, so I'm asking for the help of my fellow members here. First a quick venting:

I've bought both FIFA 15 and PES 15 (at a combined cost of over US$100), and to be honest, while PES far outclasses FIFA in terms of gameplay, I've been sorely disappointed with both games. They both seem to rely on scripted routines and pre-determined outcomes for "excitement".

For instance, I've never been able to catch a winger running down the flank in either game. Instead, my player's path is taken over by the CPU and just locked in behind the winger.

Another example: I'm playing a Master's League season as Barca, and my first match against Napoli always ends in me losing. I've Ctrl+F4'd out of the application in frustration several times, killed the process and restarted four times now, always with the same outcome. If I score a goal, the CPU IMMEDIATELY scores another, from some impossible cross. No matter what buttons I press, my players don't react. They just watch the ball go right past them. When I review the CPU's goals in instant replay, I can't see anything I could have done differently to defend against the goal, leading me to believe that this is simply a pre-programmed routine the game is running.

It isn't the losing that bothers me; it's that the outcome has been decided before I even start playing. This isn't difficulty; difficulty implies the chance, however small, of success. I feel like I paid $40 for an animated GIF.

So my question is: what am I doing wrong? Do I just not understand how PES works? Do I just not understand soccer well enough? I'm totally willing to admit I'm wrong if that's the case (I hope it is, in fact) and learn. Or is this really how the game is supposed to work? If so, is there anyone on EARTH who actually enjoys this?

Again, if there's a way to negate the game's scripts, I'm all ears. Otherwise, I'll stick to piracy for sports games from hear on out.
I'm totally agreed with u,
Those unpredictable chooses and my bumped up defenders and first time shots of cpu forward ends with inevitable goals is very annoying.
Most of the time all these happened against a weak team with player stats around 55-60!?!?
Sambo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2014, 01:04   #68
sabocat

sabocat is an unknown

I tried the system.bin trick. It's still ridiculous. I'm frantically tapping A, the game decides when or even IF it's going to tackle. CPU players grab me and pull me behind. Every challenge - literally, every challenge - is a yellow card. The ball deflects to a CPU player nearly 100% of the time.

SERIOUSLY! What the fuck is this? On what planet does this seem like a good idea? I'd really love the opportunity to talk to someone who helped make this 'game' so I could try to understand what they were thinking. No matter how I try to think about the game, I always end up in the same place - it's just garbage. Same with FIFA.

Sports is all about a contest - a competition. A prerequisite of any competition is fairness, i.e., we all play by the same rules. You don't get to do things I can't do. Why is this most basic principle of ALL sports missing so consistently? I only play soccer games, so I don't know if this is the case in basketball, baseball, etc. sims, but it's unacceptable, especially for such and expensive TOY which is what video games are.

If they spent half the money on developing their product as they did marketing it, we'd have something amazing, that I'd happily pay the asking price for. I don't give a shit about graphics, or licenses or stadiums (seriously, it's background art - who cares?) I want to feel like I'm playing the sport, when I'm too beat up and old to actually go out and play the real thing. I'd rather the players were stick figures, if it meant the game plays realistically.
Old 25-11-2014, 21:37   #69
orzy

orzy is an unknown

Quote:
I tried the system.bin trick. It's still ridiculous. I'm frantically tapping A, the game decides when or even IF it's going to tackle. CPU players grab me and pull me behind. Every challenge - literally, every challenge - is a yellow card. The ball deflects to a CPU player nearly 100% of the time.

SERIOUSLY! What the fuck is this? On what planet does this seem like a good idea? I'd really love the opportunity to talk to someone who helped make this 'game' so I could try to understand what they were thinking. No matter how I try to think about the game, I always end up in the same place - it's just garbage. Same with FIFA.

Sports is all about a contest - a competition. A prerequisite of any competition is fairness, i.e., we all play by the same rules. You don't get to do things I can't do. Why is this most basic principle of ALL sports missing so consistently? I only play soccer games, so I don't know if this is the case in basketball, baseball, etc. sims, but it's unacceptable, especially for such and expensive TOY which is what video games are.

If they spent half the money on developing their product as they did marketing it, we'd have something amazing, that I'd happily pay the asking price for. I don't give a shit about graphics, or licenses or stadiums (seriously, it's background art - who cares?) I want to feel like I'm playing the sport, when I'm too beat up and old to actually go out and play the real thing. I'd rather the players were stick figures, if it meant the game plays realistically.
This looks like yet another example of someone who is terrible at the game deciding to blame scripting. The fact that you are frantically pressing the A button shows me that you don't know how to defend and therefore earned all those yellow cards. When I play I have to try to get a card so obviously it is possible to defend without getting cards.

Get better at the game and you'll see that 95% of the scripting is all in your head.
orzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2014, 21:40   #70
orzy

orzy is an unknown

Had what most people here would call scripting happen to me last night, I just chalked it up to bad defending on my part. Was down 2-0 with 10 minutes left, scored 2 goals in the next 5 minutes to tie it. In stoppage time the West Brom striker who isn't very good had the ball and 3 of my guys couldn't bring him down as he walked half the field and scored. Did I blame scripting? No, I blamed myself. I could've easily had one of those 3 players foul him which would've stopped his run, but I didn't and the end result was a score.

But, then I went down and scored a minute later to tie it again. I'm surprised my Playstation4 hasn't posted a message in this thread complaining about being the victim of scripting after my late goal!?!?!
Old 25-11-2014, 23:31   #71
sabocat

sabocat is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by orzy View Post
This looks like yet another example of someone who is terrible at the game deciding to blame scripting. The fact that you are frantically pressing the A button shows me that you don't know how to defend and therefore earned all those yellow cards. When I play I have to try to get a card so obviously it is possible to defend without getting cards.

Get better at the game and you'll see that 95% of the scripting is all in your head.
You can tell I don't know how to defend by the fact I use manual standing tackles? You must be quite an analyst.

Quote:
In stoppage time the West Brom striker who isn't very good had the ball and 3 of my guys couldn't bring him down as he walked half the field and scored.
If three of your defenders couldn't stop someone from walking the ball into the net from midfield, it sounds like you are the one who doesn't know how to defend. Perhaps you could elaborate on your defensive strategy?
Old 26-11-2014, 01:13   #72
orzy

orzy is an unknown

I guess I didn't make myself clear. I'm not saying I'm great at the game, I'm struggling with it as well. But, I'm able to recognize that the my struggles are my own doing and not the result of scripting.

That said, I do defend differently than you and have had no trouble with cards so I'm happy to tell you how I do it. I constantly use the square button and hvae my teammates pressure the ball. At the same time I try to stay in front of my opponent and use the L2 button as much as possible to block their path and get in the way of passing lanes. I basically try to slow them down while my teammates pressure. Also, I switch frequently which sometimes triggers an animation that helps you knock the ball from your opponent. I never use the tackle button.

Big issue I've been having is using the square button in a bad spot and having one of my CBs charge recklessly at the ball leaving the middle wide open for a through ball. Lately, been paying attention to the CBs and not hitting square when they are the ones who will be summoned.

on the play with West Brom I played terrible defense, didn't get my player in front of the guy with the ball and instead had 3 guys being dragged by the ball carrier all the way up the field. Was it unrealistic? Yes. But did I blame scripting? No, because it was my own fault for not playing better defense.
Old 26-11-2014, 01:51   #73
LanceButters

Quote:
You can tell I don't know how to defend by the fact I use manual standing tackles? You must be quite an analyst.

If three of your defenders couldn't stop someone from walking the ball into the net from midfield, it sounds like you are the one who doesn't know how to defend. Perhaps you could elaborate on your defensive strategy?
Honestly, i'd just ignore those people, they're abilities to sense the cheating in this game just shockingly sucks.
Old 26-11-2014, 02:24   #74
Rat Monkey
  • Supports: Arsenal

Rat Monkey has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Rat Monkey has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Rat Monkey has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
I'm able to recognize that the my struggles are my own doing and not the result of scripting.
Amen to that!
Rat Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 16:34   #75
beeoasis
  • Supports: Leeds United

beeoasis has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Tongue

How scripted was the Manchester City v Munich game the other night?! 2 goals just before half time (40' 45') and 2 goals in last few minutes (85' 90').

Im sick of it Konami!!!!
beeoasis is offline   Reply With Quote