PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
View Poll Results: Does this thread need a new poll?
Yes 24 46.15%
No 28 53.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 31-01-2004, 02:07   #76
The Vitality
Banned

The Vitality is an unknown

Far too many supporters have absolutely no clue as to what constitutes supporting a club for a reason. Take my friends for example, one supports Man U because his Dad went to college there. Now correct me if I am wrong, but that is not a reason, it's an excuse. Or, another friend who supports Liverpool because his cousin does. Now to me it makes no sense whatsoever to say that. Now my point is, it's very very common in Man U fans for these excuses to be used for supporting a team. It's why I dislike Man U intensely.

And trust me, I am a born and bred Gooner, it will never change.
The Vitality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2004, 05:23   #77
Ray_H

Ray_H is an unknown

Yeah and thats great, you were born a bred a gooner, I was born a bred a red devil. Aliright I'm not from Manchester, but how did I know that when I was a toddaler? I had no say in the matter, mainly because of my Irish background. Any one that says you have to support your local team is talking shit. Your team picks YOU! you don't pick them. Even if when I'd got a bit older and United weren't doing well, it wouldn't have changed me supporting United, and it never will. I've always supported United more when things aren't going well and weather we're successful or not has no bearing as to why I support them.
Ray_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2004, 05:24   #78
Ray_H

Ray_H is an unknown

and trust me, I am a born a bred Red Devil, it will never change
Old 31-01-2004, 05:28   #79
The Vitality
Banned

Man U did indeed choose you, however, if you life in the south of England, you will see an abnormal amount of Man U shirts. They support them purely because of the success.
Old 31-01-2004, 05:35   #80
adams9802

adams9802 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vitality
Man U did indeed choose you, however, if you life in the south of England, you will see an abnormal amount of Man U shirts. They support them purely because of the success.
and isn't that one of the perks of being succesful? I mean I really don't see the issue, I've never really connected with the notion that all mancs or most of them are glory hunters, and if they were who cares. And Man United has always been the best supported club in england.

Money grows on trees when you cut throats to rake leaves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sig By Chewy 2004
adams9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2004, 05:41   #81
The Vitality
Banned

It may indeed be a perk for the "money men" at Old Trafford, but look at it from this perspective. You are going to Highbury, but when inside the ground there is no atmosphere, when would this happen? It would happen when Arsenal dominate Englsih football for years. Now it would incense me to sit around others who are there purely because at that moment in time we are winners. I could not bare that. And I assure you it happens at Old Trafford.
Old 31-01-2004, 05:45   #82
adams9802

adams9802 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vitality
It may indeed be a perk for the "money men" at Old Trafford, but look at it from this perspective. You are going to Highbury, but when inside the ground there is no atmosphere, when would this happen? It would happen when Arsenal dominate Englsih football for years. Now it would incense me to sit around others who are there purely because at that moment in time we are winners. I could not bare that. And I assure you it happens at Old Trafford.
I understand. I guess as gooners it may be hard because no one has ever liked us

Money grows on trees when you cut throats to rake leaves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sig By Chewy 2004
adams9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2004, 05:54   #83
The Vitality
Banned

I would rather it was like that, than a bunch of morons who know nothing about football ranting about "their" team being the best.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:01   #84
Ray_H

Ray_H is an unknown

I'll admit that ther are a lot of "man yoo" fans who don't know anything about the club and support them purely because they've won a few trophies, i know quite a few. but they give the rest of us a bad name. There are plenty of die hard reds in london who bleed united and will always be behind the team, just as there are up and down the country.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:27   #85
Zizou_Zizi
Banned

Zizou_Zizi is an unknown

They other people like this support Real.
Real fan in name, and some haven't heard of Figo or Raul in their lfe yet.
Zizou_Zizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2004, 13:54   #86
Ray_H

Ray_H is an unknown

This is the official Manchester United thread, obviously really big news and discussions can warrant their very own thread, but for small things, such as the signing of unknown young players etc, its probably best we post it here and not in its own thread.

Ruud van Nistelrooy 10
Old 31-07-2004, 13:56   #87
Foxhound
  • Supports: Manchester United

Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

yeah~~ i thought we didnt have a thread like this before.. that i posted in a thread about rangers_fc complained about this and blaa blaa
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2004, 16:13   #88
Foxhound
  • Supports: Manchester United

Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

NY times article about Spector
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/31/sp...ner=ALTAVISTA1

A Chance Switch Opened a Path to United
By JACK BELL

Published: July 31, 2004

AST RUTHERFORD, N.J., July 30 - Serendipity smiled on Jonathan Spector two years ago at a youth soccer tournament in Ireland.

John Ellinger, the coach of the United States under-17 national team, was short of defenders. He looked down his bench and saw Spector, a striker.

"There were a bunch of European scouts at the game, including some from Manchester United," Spector said Friday. "They had come to see some forward from Austria. Just by coincidence, I marked him and marked him out of the game."

So instead of asking about the Austrian, United's scouts went home to England hooked on Spector, the 6-foot-1-inch, 180-pound newly minted defender from Arlington Heights, Ill.

On Saturday afternoon, he will play for Manchester United against A.C. Milan in a ChampionsWorld Series tour match at Giants Stadium. "This is a great opportunity for me, playing with one of the greatest teams in the world," Spector said.

Spector, who played for the Chicago Sockers, spent a year at the United States Soccer Federation's residency camp in Bradenton, Fla., before signing with United in September 2003. He avoided work permit and visa problems because his mother is German, and he holds a German passport.

Last season was spent on United's under-19 team, with only one game on the senior team's bench during an English Premier League match late in the season, a disappointing one in which United slumped to a third-place finish.

Sir Alex Ferguson, United's Scottish manager, brought Spector along for the club's second-straight summer visit to the United States and gave him his first start with the senior team, against Bayern Munich last Sunday before a hometown crowd in Chicago.

"It had special significance because not many players get to make their professional debuts in their hometowns," said Spector, who is taking correspondence courses from Indiana University. "I was anxious and excited, but not too nervous."

He played again in Wednesday's loss to Glasgow Celtic in Philadelphia and was called for a foul on Celtic's Chris Sutton in the penalty area. But Ferguson's confidence in Spector has not been shaken.

"He spots danger very well for a young lad," Ferguson told Sky Sports. "He is very quick and is a good athlete. He has only been with us nine months, but in that time he has made great strides."

Spector's grandfather, Art, was one of the original members of the Boston Celtics, playing in the 1946-47 season of the old Basketball Association of America, the forerunner of the National Basketball Association.

Spector said he really does not miss playing striker. "As a defender I can see the whole field, and I might have a bit of an edge because I still think I have a striker's mentality - I know when they're going to make their runs," he said.

Spector is among a handful of American players with United. They include the starting goalkeeper Tim Howard and the under-19 players Kenny Cooper and Giuseppe Rossi. Rossi is the son of the former coach of Clifton (N.J.) High School, Fernando Rossi, and played with Parma's under-19 team before recently signing with Manchester United.
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2004, 19:10   #89
7RONALDO7
MUFC THE RELIGION
  • XBox: DodgeAnon

7RONALDO7 has disabled reputation

I think Spector has done very well, especally in the Pre-Season Friendly's, I think he will be one of few who will make it in the First team, also I think Eagles and Bardsley will also make it!!

7RONALDO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2004, 22:11   #90
MattShez
PPL Manager
  • XBox: F1MAFF

MattShez has disabled reputation

I dont like Richardson, ive seen him play in the reserves once, every1 seems to have a high opinion of him but i think he is crap! am i the only 1 who doesnt like this kid?

MattShez is offline   Reply With Quote