PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
View Poll Results: Will Mourinho bring the Holy Grail(CL) back home?
Of course he will 22 43.14%
Not a chance 17 33.33%
Not this year but next 10 19.61%
He wont last the season 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 10-08-2004, 20:21   #61
50!
115 and Counting...

50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway penguin
Ya, if they don't I might break down in tears.

What do you think Real should go for next in a signing? Like a defender or what?
Defender Definetely! I am not a big fan of Helguera at all i think he is very unreliable and leaks to many goals. Samuel is a very good player. They should maybe consider getting Samuel's defence partner at Roma Chivu. He is a really good player, Romanian Internationalist and a very solid defender, he would be a good signing.

Also i think Real Madrid wasting money on Owen is mind boggling. They have 3 world class strikers why buy another who is quite inconsistent. If i were Real Madrid i would forget signing Owen and make sure they get Viera.
Sir Davie of Weir has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1986 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoloy card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and an Ally McCoist panini sticker.

50! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 20:45   #62
Highway Penguin

Highway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

Quote:
Real Madrid have denied that they are interested in signing Michael Owen from Liverpool, insisting Patrick Vieira is their top transfer target.

It had been widely reported in England that Real, as well as arch rivals Barcelona, were planning a shock swoop for the England marksman after talks over a new contract at Anfield stalled.

Owen has only one year left on his current deal and, like Steve McManaman previously, Liverpool face the prospect of losing him for nothing in 12 months' time.

However, Real assistant sporting director Emilio Butragueno has declared Los Merengues are focusing all their efforts on landing Vieira from Arsenal, and have not made enquiries for Owen.

"Only Vieira interests us at the moment," Butragueno declared.
Ya, if they did end up signing him, Morientes would be benched or loaned out. Just cause they are so careless about good players. Hopefully Poritillo will come back in good form and be able to compete for a spot of take over a spot when one of the retires.
Coloccini? You know that guy with the afro thing? I wanted him to sign. He played well in Copa America. I also wanted them to sign Milito last year but something about his medical condition stopped them.
You don't like Helguera?
Highway Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 20:45   #63
adams9802

adams9802 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50!
Defender Definetely! I am not a big fan of Helguera at all i think he is very unreliable and leaks to many goals. Samuel is a very good player. They should maybe consider getting Samuel's defence partner at Roma Chivu. He is a really good player, Romanian Internationalist and a very solid defender, he would be a good signing.

Also i think Real Madrid wasting money on Owen is mind boggling. They have 3 world class strikers why buy another who is quite inconsistent. If i were Real Madrid i would forget signing Owen and make sure they get Viera.
well fot one they would get rid of Morientes in a part exchange so then they would still only have 3..

Money grows on trees when you cut throats to rake leaves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sig By Chewy 2004
adams9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 20:47   #64
Highway Penguin

Highway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastHighway Penguin is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

I guess, but Owen wouldn't like Spanish football, I think that that is why Beckham did badly. They play more tactical, and like flair or whatever, and I think English football is speed and long balls and what not. I think, don't quote me on it.
Old 10-08-2004, 20:58   #65
adams9802

adams9802 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
I guess, but Owen wouldn't like Spanish football, I think that that is why Beckham did badly. They play more tactical, and like flair or whatever, and I think English football is speed and long balls and what not. I think, don't quote me on it.
I agree completely that its a horrible move for him..furthermore I think its a panic buy by real...

Money grows on trees when you cut throats to rake leaves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sig By Chewy 2004
adams9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 21:05   #66
Highway Penguin

It really would be. I hope that they bad any thoughts of it, and go for a good 5-7 million defender.
Old 10-08-2004, 21:57   #67
larsson
Administrator

larsson has disabled reputation

Quote:
What do you guys think about the upcoming game with Wisla Krakow also known as Wisla Cracovia?
:eek:
Mate if you say "Wisla Cracovia" to a Wisla fan heīll kill you, and Iīm not joking. I know that Cracovia is the Italian (?) name of the city, but itīs also a club from Krakow, which is a big rival of Wisla. 10 murders there in the last 5 years with fan-rivalry background.
But back to the football, I think itīs going to be a draw in Krakow, maybe a one goal victory by Real, I predict a 1-2, and then an relaxed 2-0 in Madrid.

larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 23:35   #68
Highway Penguin

Are you serious Larsson? I had no idea. On Skysports they say Krakow, and on the Real Madrid site they say Cracovia. So I wasn't sure which to use. That is wild. Kinda scary.

Ya, I think that they will end up letting one in. Then pull it together and have a nice shut out.

PS- thanks for the info.
Old 11-08-2004, 00:07   #69
larsson
Administrator

larsson has disabled reputation

Probably Cracovia is the Spanish name for Krakow, thatīs why Real Madridīs site says Cracovia
Itīs not wrong of course, but still, Wisla Cracovia sounds strange, as I said, Cracovia is the team name of the biggest rival of Wisla, Iīd even say enemy, not only rival.

larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 00:11   #70
Mussav
Legendry Member

Mussav has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Mussav has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Good Luck to Real Madrid tomorrow

AC Milan + Real Madrid

my websites

|

reopened!!!
Mussav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 00:34   #71
Highway Penguin

Updates

Samuel is tring to convince people that he will be able to play along next to Pavón in center defense, while Helguera-Beckham try to convince people they are able to do it in the midfield paired in the axis. Camacho has a few tricks up his sleeve.: Guti. ` 14' has acted in three different positions during the preseason, and he is a key piece during the exercise. With Zidane doing most of the magic - the unforgettable goal in Japan and Figo driving the defense on the other team mad, the technician breathes calm - both recovered -. In addition, Ronaldo and Morientes have the power to point and shoot on goal. Raul returns to be the "man". There is a month left til La Liga starts, but this new Madrid presents/displays constants that will shock Europe.

Question? Does Real squad look promising for the upcoming season? What is your line up?
Old 11-08-2004, 01:23   #72
Highway Penguin

Michael Owen's Liverpool future has been plunged further into doubt after he was an unused substitute in the club's UEFA Champions League qualifier.

"Owen has been strongly linked with a move to Real Madrid after his contract talks at Anfield reportedly broke down.

It was then suggested that the England number ten would have to be left out of the Liverpool line-up for their Champions League match with AZ Graz on Tuesday, to avoid him being cup-tied for any potential suitors.

His inclusion in Austria would have meant that his price tag would come tumbling down as Real, or Barcelona, would not want to splash out on a player who could not play in Europe's premier competition.

Rafa Benitez was playing his cards close to his chest before the match, but as soon as the team sheet was released the intense speculation over Owen's future moved up a gear.

Owen hardly moved from his spot on the bench and did not even warm up to give the merest hint that he would be used at any point in the match.

Liverpool eased to a 2-0 win so, if Benitez was resting his star striker for the start of the Premiership season, he was never needed - but that will not stop the speculation.

Even two-goal hero Steven Gerrard could not shed any light on Owen's situation and the skipper was unable to calm worried Reds fans over their fears of the striker's departure.

"I'm sure there will be one or two more new faces coming in and maybe one or two going out as well," Gerrard told Channel Five after the match.

"I'm not sure really what's going to happen with Michael. No-one has said anything to me so we will have to wait and see.

"Michael hasn't said anything to me."

Benitez was still remaining tight-lipped about the prospect of Owen leaving Anfield, and insisted his decision to leave him on the bench was not due to an impending move.

"When I decided the 11 players that start it is because I have confidence in those players," said Benitez.

"We have four good forwards here and tonight I played two of them - that is it."

Owen's situation should be clearer before the start of the season as Benitez will not want all the speculation distracting his side before the big kick-off against Tottenham on Saturday."

Thoughts?
Old 11-08-2004, 06:35   #73
Cabby

Cabby is an unknown

I think if Liverpool let him go they would be making a mistake. He is a very good striker. I hope he stays there.

Funny CNN Headline of the Day:
Bush's Plan For Victory
Cabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 08:05   #74
Figо10
Ace in the Pack

Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Away leg: scrappy draw 1-1

Home tie: 5-1

Figо10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 15:19   #75
Highway Penguin

Hey Figo what do you think about the Owen situation?

Zidane expected to quit

"Real Madrid's midfield magician Zinedine Zidane will announce a final decision on his international future on Thursday.

The elegant France superstar could retire from Les Bleus after the disappointment of the favourites' exit from Euro 2004 at the hands of eventual winners Greece.

With several of his long-established international colleagues also deciding to hang up their boots at that level, including Lilian Thuram and Bixente Lizarazu, the man who did so much to bring the 1998 World Cup to France is expected to follow suit.

The Canal+ television channel has an exclusive interview with the 32-year-old which will broadcast his decision in the evening.

It is understood that 'Zizou', who has won 93 caps, will retire - leaving new coach Raymond Domenech with a major selection headache ahead of his squad announcement for the match with Bosnia & Herzegovina.

The question for Domenech, who replaced Jacques Santini, is how will he replace the irreplaceable?

A new breed of quality Frenchmen are waiting for the chance to grasp their opportunity, however, at international level."
-Skysports.com

-Thoughts?