PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 20-04-2011, 15:37   #46
Eric Clyde
  • Supports: Rangers
  • XBox: ClydeFrog50
  • PSN: ClydeFrog50

Eric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original? View Post
Sky+'d this bad boy, Sky Atlantic is clearly the best channel around. Boardwalk Empire, Six Feet Under, The Pacific and now Game of Thrones...
Almost everyday I have something recording of Sky Atlantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
The pilot episode of Sons of Anarchy had Scott Glen in the Clay role which would be interesting to see.

But of course no one here cares about that.
I knew that.
Jeff: Butt sex requires a lot of lubrication, right? Lubrication. Lubruh... Chupuh... Chupacabra 's the, the goat killer of Mexican folklore. Folklore is stories from the past that are often fictionalized. Fictionalized to heighten drama. Drama students! Students at colleges usually have bicycles! Bi, bian, binary. It's binary code!
Chef: Who's havin' butt sex?

Eric Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 20:00   #47
Sminky
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • PSN: Sminky_Pinky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_BWFC View Post
I think pilots are there for tow reasons. Either to say to the studio execs "Hey... look at this. Isn't it awesome? Give us a full series please", or to basically just introduce the characters and what the show is about, to the viewers. Not neccessarily a prologue though. In some instances, they don't even have the same actors in the pilot (like Being Human for instance).

A few of the more recent pilot episodes have failed because they tried to introduce too much too soon eg Flashforward, The Event. I think GoT got the balance right though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
Sminky, I've read the books so I can say with some sense of accuracy that there is no material to make a "prologue" for the show.

If anything, as Ali said, it may contain stand in actors and such as it is just a tool to sell the idea of a series. The plot will not have been radically different as the idea for the show is to stay as loyal to the source material as possible.
Fair do's. I probably based my opinion on BSG and Caprica where the Pilot mini series and pilot feature length episodes were integral for watching the first season. BSG in particular, I watched season one and had to go back to the mini series to work out what the fuck had happened. Bit of a relief as well, will be easier to get all the episodes in HD without scrabbling around for the Pilot episode.
Old 20-04-2011, 20:04   #48
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminky View Post
Fair do's. I probably based my opinion on BSG and Caprica where the Pilot mini series and pilot feature length episodes were integral for watching the first season. BSG in particular, I watched season one and had to go back to the mini series to work out what the fuck had happened. Bit of a relief as well, will be easier to get all the episodes in HD without scrabbling around for the Pilot episode.
I actually watched a bit of the first series of BSG before watching the mini series, so like you I was a bit confused. I did the same with Firefly. Do you know that when Fox originally aired that show they didn't show the episodes in the correct order?? They didn't even start with the pilot! Madness!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 20:07   #49
Sminky
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • PSN: Sminky_Pinky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_BWFC View Post
I actually watched a bit of the first series of BSG before watching the mini series, so like you I was a bit confused. I did the same with Firefly. Do you know that when Fox originally aired that show they didn't show the episodes in the correct order?? They didn't even start with the pilot! Madness!
They really didn't think much of the show to be honest, it was a decent series that deserved a second season. Pretty pleasing to hear Game Of Thrones has already earned a second season but poor viewing figures will probably not see a 3rd season. Damn picky American audiences!
Old 20-04-2011, 20:12   #50
Ali
It is happening again

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminky View Post
They really didn't think much of the show to be honest, it was a decent series that deserved a second season. Pretty pleasing to hear Game Of Thrones has already earned a second season but poor viewing figures will probably not see a 3rd season. Damn picky American audiences!
The good thing is that GoT is on a cable channel, they generally tend to be less picky when it comes to viewership.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 21-04-2011, 07:08   #51
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

As long as GoT can get at least an average of 3 million i'm sure HBO will stick for 3 seasons.

The first 3 books are the superb with book 4 being a bit wad, and you could say the end of the 3rd book is very much the end of the first part of the story (plenty of cliffhangers of course but the focus of the story begins to shift after this point) so if they at least get the 3rd book adapted i'd be happy.
Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 20:27   #52
Jonno394
XLV

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Game of Thrones S01E02 - The Kingsroad

I was deliberating not downloading this and just waiting for the Blu-ray release seeing as I already know everything that will happen, and theres no "I must see it now to find out what happens" mentality, but i'm glad I watched it.

A solid episode. The young lad as Prince Joffrey was great and exactly like the character in the book. I'm looking forward to next weeks when we'll finally see the Wall and the Black Watch. The actors playing Snow and the Dwarf are faultless at the moment for me, so seeing more of them together next week will be good.

Old 26-04-2011, 08:34   #53
Ali
It is happening again

Another good episode. Slower than the first, but that was expected. The prince is a real tool and I smiled when he got bitten by the wolf. I only wish that wolf had the frame of mind that the other wolf did, and ripped the guys throat out
Will be interesting to see what happens next week now that the kid is awake. I just hope they don't do a cop out and give him amnesia or something like that. (Don't spoil it either way Jonno)

Old 26-04-2011, 09:20   #54
Jonno394
XLV

I said before I wouldn't spoil it so don't wory

Old 03-05-2011, 08:39   #55
Ali
It is happening again

Episode 3 impressions?

I thought it wasn't as good as the previous two. I liked the scenes at the wall, and the end scene was quite enjoyable.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:40   #56
Jonno394
XLV

I haven't watched it yet. Will try and watch it tonight. I'm looking forward to meeting Littlefinger and seeing if the actor is up to task. I also hope Varys (the fat eunuch) is in this one.

Two great characters in the book.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:32   #57
Ali
It is happening again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
I haven't watched it yet. Will try and watch it tonight. I'm looking forward to meeting Littlefinger and seeing if the actor is up to task. I also hope Varys (the fat eunuch) is in this one.

Two great characters in the book.
The actor is Aiden Gillen, who you may know as Tommy Carcetti from The Wire. I've read a few comments from people who have read the books, that say he did a good job.

Old 03-05-2011, 21:06   #58
Original?
istrator
  • PSN: DivinoCodino

Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

I enjoyed the third episode, I don't think it was weaker than the previous two. From the trailers I wasn't convinced, I'm really glad I gave it a shot as it's brilliantly paced.
Original? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:51   #59
StringerBell
  • Supports: Reds & Phoceens
  • PSN: Stringer_-_Bell

StringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Lady Stark! What an ending to the episode! Wont spoil anything but that was awesome. Also the pork chop pudgy guy reminds me of Nick Frost in Hot Fuzz. He needs to say yeahhhh boyyyy when he's on the wall in the next episode
Old 09-05-2011, 21:39   #60
Jonno394
XLV

Just caught up on episode 3 and 4. The end to episode 4 was perfect, played out exactly like it did in my mind while reading.

Varys, Littlefinger have been perfectly cast, and Renly Baratheon (the kings brother) didn't do to badly either.