PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 10-10-2011, 16:39   #31
techboy11

techboy11 is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfasttechboy11 is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfasttechboy11 is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfasttechboy11 is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

I generally start as Liverpool with the club lineup, never used to but on next gen, I don't know, I just do. I feel like I'm missing out on something though when all you guys complain (but in a good way) about it being hard and the need for the transfer window etc etc. Think I'll reboot it with the default players, give that a whirl. Normally play on Top Player, but I have a feeling pro or even regular may be the way to go in this mode.

techboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 16:56   #32
.Lee.
  • Supports: Man Utd

.Lee. is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyasmad View Post
I'm thinking of switching it to regular, which i hardly ever do for any of the pes games.

My record so far is 1W 2D 4L. 3rd last in the league.
Playing this game really gives you a sore thumb.
Don't put it down to regular, it's very boring although you will win a lot more games, you never score great goals as you figure out a way to score and use it too often. The excitement of scoring goes when you knock it down to regular. I did this for a few games when I was getting frustrated and won 3 games too easily, so knocked it back up to Pro.

Your record, although you might not believe me, isn't that bad with the default ML team, they're shite, flying controller shite at times.

In my 1st season I finished 4th from bottom in D2 using my tried and tested 4-1-2-1-2 formation from PES2011. My defence was weak, my midfield couldn't maintain possession, and my attackers rarely saw the ball, never mind score when they got it. Tactics had to change if I was going to maintain a promotion threat the following season.

So I built from the back with the little funds I had, buying a CB to partner Palimeri albeit only a 71 Overall rated player, a DMF of similar ability I switched to a more Defence Heavy Formation, 4-5-1 with 2 DMF, 2 SMF and 1 AMF/CMF.

Games this season have been far from the beautiful games I was playing
only weeks ago on PES2011, but results have come, 1-0s and 0-0s are common place more so the latter, but come the winter transfer period I was sitting in 6th with zero defeats, but a crap load of draws.

I spent what little budget I had left on a CF, again nothing special (68 over all) to try and find a player to put the damn ball in the onion bag, as Ordaz wasn't up to the task.

With 8 games to go I'm 2nd.......just, not much in it between the top 5 tbh, and might get up to the Premier League.

Fingers Crossed, not while playing ofc, that would be stupid.
.Lee. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 19:38   #33
stingo

stingo has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Beware guys, I got fired finally in the first half of the 2d season (professional and -1 speed)! I restarted on regular and 0 speed and now sitting at the 2d place after ten games. The game is unbalanced. There should be a level between regular and professional.
stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 19:50   #34
stiker

stiker is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingo View Post
Beware guys, I got fired finally in the first half of the 2d season (professional and -1 speed)! I restarted on regular and 0 speed and now sitting at the 2d place after ten games. The game is unbalanced. There should be a level between regular and professional.
you can get fired in master league???: shocking:

i've got 2 wins in a row.... leading a game now...

tweeked my strategy, 1 is normal, 2 counter attack, 3 all out attack 4, is all out defence...

switch in and out depending on the situation

after i score a goal, i go defensive, cause the A.I. is always out for revenge after conceeding,
anyone notice how these a.i. teams dont miss free kicks???
stiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 20:25   #35
Andy99
  • Supports: Manchester United

Andy99 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Sorry to keep pushing on with this, but it's a major part of me enjoying ML or not.

Can somebody who's in the 2nd or 3rd season of ML tell me how the CPU transfers are? I will accept some crazy transfers, but is every single star player moving on to rival clubs and such, which was the fact with ML in PES 2011.
Andy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 20:30   #36
.Lee.

.Lee. is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingo View Post
Why did you get fired? didn't you complete the side missions? I knew it was possible to get fired if the chairman loses faith in you, so in my 1st season, when i was given a mission I made sure I passed it so i'd get a little boost of confidence from the chairman.

Now though he can go to hell if he wants me to play a bad player for 30mins....he never picks someone good does he?
Old 10-10-2011, 20:37   #37
.Lee.

.Lee. is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiker View Post
Yeh i know it's a bit of a pain Try putting a tall player on the opposite post to the wall if you can, doesn't always work but i have had a few goal line clearances from freekicks using that tactic.

And your right about your opponents pressuring you after they have conceded a goal. Some teams counter attack strategy works then, a few times i have had good break aways from teams pressuring me after I have gone a goal up.

Still having trouble with convincing wins though. Winning by the odd goal, but 3 points is 3 points regardless of how many you score.
Old 10-10-2011, 20:41   #38
.Lee.

.Lee. is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy99 View Post
Sorry to keep pushing on with this, but it's a major part of me enjoying ML or not.

Can somebody who's in the 2nd or 3rd season of ML tell me how the CPU transfers are? I will accept some crazy transfers, but is every single star player moving on to rival clubs and such, which was the fact with ML in PES 2011.
Had a look though the premier league and la liga after reading a post asking this. The BIG players all seem to be still at there current clubs and this is after 3 transfer windows as I'm comming to the end of my 2nd season.

You can turn transfers off completely if you want, only your club can sign players, but I think that would be a bit far.

Although I may have this when I start my BAL campaign.
Old 10-10-2011, 20:52   #39
stingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lee. View Post
Why did you get fired? didn't you complete the side missions? I knew it was possible to get fired if the chairman loses faith in you, so in my 1st season, when i was given a mission I made sure I passed it so i'd get a little boost of confidence from the chairman.

Now though he can go to hell if he wants me to play a bad player for 30mins....he never picks someone good does he?
I completed missions fine they have very little effect, but losing games does. You get fired when his backing hits zero and it does if you keep on losing and hanging at or near the last place. Second year I had slightly better team, but I was playing a little worse myself. Yet even if I played my best game I would still get fired but a little later probably. I am annoyed by craziness of AI at professional when it always(!) outruns you and pushes off the ball with a player with equal or worse stats. They are way too organized in defense too for a second league team. I actually like the gameplay on regular now because equal players are equal except that I wish cpu was less forgiving when attacking you. Playing on professional is good with a team like barca in pes2012, but not in ML. In Ml strikers blow a lot of chances on regular and on professional I created even less but they blow at the same rate so scoring a goal in one game was quite an achievement. May be playing at 0 speed is better though, because I was able to stay clean sheet 4 games in a row when I tried 0 speed setting (on prof) during the season.
Old 10-10-2011, 21:09   #40
Rasmus

Rasmus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Rasmus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Rasmus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:

Indeed!! And i've only scored once myself! It's so frustrating to see a team like szelawce in div 2 scoring on 3 of 3 free kicks in a game. Every time the cpu team gets a free kick from 20-25 meters they score - no matter what team and which player - and it's completely useless placing a defender on the goal line. MAJOR bug in my opinion. however the fk's are way more realistic from a further distance than the above mentioned
Rasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 21:45   #41
abu97
  • Location: On the forums,on the streets,in the movie hall,at the colleges...
  • Supports: Aston Villa
  • PSN: retrosword

abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

What level are you guys doing. I'm still struggling on whether to do professional or top player. Which one do you think is more realistic and does the cpu cheat on top player
abu97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 22:25   #42
stiker

stiker is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu97 View Post
What level are you guys doing. I'm still struggling on whether to do professional or top player. Which one do you think is more realistic and does the cpu cheat on top player
always topplayer...
Old 10-10-2011, 23:09   #43
Griciu
  • Supports: Juventus

Griciu has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
Indeed!! And i've only scored once myself! It's so frustrating to see a team like szelawce in div 2 scoring on 3 of 3 free kicks in a game. Every time the cpu team gets a free kick from 20-25 meters they score - no matter what team and which player - and it's completely useless placing a defender on the goal line. MAJOR bug in my opinion. however the fk's are way more realistic from a further distance than the above mentioned
I've been struggling with the same problem until MatDerKater (thank you!) gave me that wonderful tip on how you can control your goalie and position him better. I haven't conceded as many goals from FK ever since. However be careful, don't move him too far away, middle is perfect; the CPU could shoot in the other direction and then you're screwed. You can control your goalkeeper by pressing L1 + pressing the right analogue stick, and then you can move back the same way. Make sure you do, otherwise you'll be stuck controlling your goalie only. Works fine!
Griciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:05   #44
stiker

stiker is an unknown

man almost got axed, had to win the last fixture of my 1st season... managed to draw, seems tthe chairman has a heart afterall.... kept my job... phew...
Old 11-10-2011, 02:17   #45
stingo

Quote:
man almost got axed, had to win the last fixture of my 1st season... managed to draw, seems tthe chairman has a heart afterall.... kept my job... phew...
buy messi and ronaldo may be you wont lose in the first game of the next season