PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 19:08   #16
abu97
Registered User
  • Join Date: May 2011
  • Location: On the forums,on the streets,in the movie hall,at the colleges...
  • Supports: Aston Villa
  • PSN: retrosword
  • Posts: 3,207

abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?abu97 has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thori View Post
éttu skít fávitinn ţinn...
Weren't you the one that told some other member to always post in English?


Also, I agree with Ali, every game needs scripting to run, but in PES its too noticable as everything is always pre-programmed. Its not because it makes the game challenging, its because of poor programming and needs effort to make it less of a problem


abu97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 19:43   #17
Ali
It is happening again
Ali's Avatar
  • Join Date: Dec 2009
  • Location: Bolton
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26
  • Posts: 11,798

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlee.1986 View Post
Im not saying its not bloody annoying when you think your smacking a thunderbolt into the top corner of the net, when actually the comp sends it up to the top corner of the stadium, and passes going to completely different area's than you actually want them to.....
I can kinda understand your point though Ali, in that sometimes (well most of the time actually) i EXPECT the AI to score every time the ball comes into my half

However the whole convo started with Vanian complaining about conceding 4 goals a match, which apparently makes both me and Matt idiots cos it hasn't happened to us (yet?) and- for me anyway (I cant speak for the others) - have no reason to feel "cheated" by a game?
Maybe I was a bit harsh calling you an idiot (but not matt... he is an idiot ).
The AI will have scored plenty of scripted goals against you, that's practically the only way it can score. I got so fed up of it in PES2012 (where it became more obvious than ever) that I stopped playing it. I even spotted it in the PES 2013 demo!

What Konami have tried to do, is to give teams "momentum shifts". I think this is what they called it back in PES 5/6 days. But they've got it so horribly wrong, that you can a lot of spot goals coming a mile off, whether they're goals for you, goals for an AI opponent, or goals for a human opponent.
Up to an including PES 2011, I was able to tolerate it somewhat, but I had enough when it came to PES 2012.

The fact that you can't really notice the scripting is a good thing for you, you can enjoy the game more.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 19:59   #18
muscularmatt
Registered User
muscularmatt's Avatar
  • Join Date: Oct 2008
  • Location: gets me everytime
  • Supports: Wolves
  • PSN: Macho_Man_Matt
  • Posts: 7,115

muscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Okay, let me clarify my position.

I am aware of the phenomenon that Ali and others speak of, it's called Rubber Banding and if video games didn't use it, they'd be shit. I just take exception with terms like 'scripting' and 'cheating' because they make you sound like a mong.

Yes, it's annoying when you're on the wrong end of it, but that's life. Things don't always go your way. When you fail, stop bitching, man up and try harder the next time.

P.S. Ali is a big northern nancy boy
__________________
Quote:
...and I'm always straining. I wake up and panic, but luckily I'm always clean.
Quote:
Joel, you think you're so much better than everyone else but let's face it, you're a cunt!
muscularmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 20:19   #19
mrlee.1986
Newbie
  • Join Date: Aug 2012
  • Location: Kent - UK
  • PSN: mrlee_1986
  • Posts: 13

mrlee.1986 is an unknown

lol its cool, but yeah, i guess if i think back my defenders are - 9 times outta 10 - completely useless at defending corners, but yeah, perhaps because i haven't noticed them as 'obvious' goals so much as you (and probably countless others) have, - either through pure rage that my defence dared to let them score, or pure blind stupidity - i probably do enjoy the game more....

However i will admit one of the most stupid things to admit on a pes forum.... I WAS a fifa boy up until pes2010...

My Bad?

Although as you can probably tell by my previous thread that im still no pes expert.... i managed to break something :/ lol
mrlee.1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 20:52   #20
Ali
It is happening again
Ali's Avatar
  • Join Date: Dec 2009
  • Location: Bolton
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26
  • Posts: 11,798

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscularmatt View Post
Okay, let me clarify my position.

I am aware of the phenomenon that Ali and others speak of, it's called Rubber Banding and if video games didn't use it, they'd be shit. I just take exception with terms like 'scripting' and 'cheating' because they make you sound like a mong.

Yes, it's annoying when you're on the wrong end of it, but that's life. Things don't always go your way. When you fail, stop bitching, man up and try harder the next time.

P.S. Ali is a big northern nancy boy
Like I mentioned in my last post, I can recognise when I'm on the right side of the scripting too! It works both ways. When I used to play my brother, if I scored a goal which I saw coming a mile away, I'd actually apologise when I did score, because I know there would be nothing he could do about it.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 21:02   #21
muscularmatt
Registered User
muscularmatt's Avatar
  • Join Date: Oct 2008
  • Location: gets me everytime
  • Supports: Wolves
  • PSN: Macho_Man_Matt
  • Posts: 7,115

muscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

He probably couldn't do anything about because he sucks, like you.

I would have torn that shit up, because I'm the fucking greatest.
__________________
Quote:
...and I'm always straining. I wake up and panic, but luckily I'm always clean.
Quote:
Joel, you think you're so much better than everyone else but let's face it, you're a cunt!
muscularmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 14:25   #22
MysteryMe
Registered User
MysteryMe's Avatar
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Netherlands
  • Supports: Fc Twente
  • Posts: 27

MysteryMe is an unknown

I once had this weird match where I just wasn't allowed to score or something. It was a champions league group stage match against CSKA Moskou, and after a few minutes they got a free kick. Honda schoot it straight in my goal. It looked really weird and impossible.
After that I had many chances and almost all of them, (like 8 in a row!) ended up on the post. Even one on an open goal where I was like 2 meters away..
Around the 80th minute Honda scored again with an impossible free kick. I signed Honda after that.

Weird things happen.
MysteryMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 13:04   #23
Apocalypse88
Registered User
Apocalypse88's Avatar
  • Join Date: Nov 2009
  • Posts: 53

Apocalypse88 is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbianco1 View Post
I have never conceded 4 goals in a match on PES 2012
Lucky you
Apocalypse88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 13:33   #24
Sabatasso
Banned
  • Join Date: Mar 2009
  • Location: South of Heaven
  • Supports: Tottenham Hotspur & LSK
  • XBox: XBOX_must_die
  • PSN: PS3_must_die
  • Posts: 2,200

Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscularmatt View Post
Okay, let me clarify my position.

I am aware of the phenomenon that Ali and others speak of, it's called Rubber Banding and if video games didn't use it, they'd be shit. I just take exception with terms like 'scripting' and 'cheating' because they make you sound like a mong.

Yes, it's annoying when you're on the wrong end of it, but that's life. Things don't always go your way. When you fail, stop bitching, man up and try harder the next time.

P.S. Ali is a big northern nancy boy
The reason we (some) call it "cheating" or "Scripting" in PES is because it's generally out of control. The game difficulties are poorly balanced to start with, where "Regular" is completely useless, and anything easier than that must be aimed at toddlers.

So if we look at the breaking point, Regular who rarely take advantage of this dynamic balancing, and Professional that is generally challenging but casual until the balancing takes completely over and in my opinion ruins the game. Any difficulty above Professional is basically so full of this balancing that there are nothing left of the match AI from the previous difficulties at all.

You can also "discover" how the game itself has several match engines, because if you use a tweaked AI exe file from yair, jenkey or nesa, this will be completely overwritten at a magical moment in BAL once your player reach 75 overall rating.

I'm not really whining about difficulty, because I always manage to win my fair share but for me this dynamic difficulty makes the game stressful, unpleasing and simply not funny more times than it actually works. I rarely play games for the "challenge" anymore, I play for enjoyment and there aren't any difficulty in this game that makes the game either too stupid or too annoying.

The player AI level without this dynamic AI enhancement at either of the three difficulties above Regular would most likely suit me perfectly, so all I want is the option to turn off this ridiculous feature until it's (in my opinion) balanced properly.

Why does it bother me?
- When John Terry outruns Aaron Lennon on loose ball on a consistent basis, because it's stupid.
- When Messi keeps missing the goal completely from six meters, because it's stupid.
- When Giovinco beats Kaboul in the air on a corner , because it's stupid and would never happen unless Kaboul was on his knees, and just barely then.

Let me just for the record add that I don't like FIFA's version of dynamic game balance either.
Sabatasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 13:01   #25
Rasmus
Registered User
  • Join Date: Jul 2004
  • Location: Denmark
  • Posts: 1,805

Rasmus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Rasmus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Rasmus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I agree scripting was a major issue in pes 2012, and the reason for me stopping playing it only after a couple of months.

i noticed quite a few scripted goals in the pes 2013 demo as well, but in the full game it's not that big a problem in my opinion. I don't know what difficulty or team you play with, but i play as FC Copenhagen on superstar and i haven't signed any top players yet and i only lost a couple of matches in div 2. Now i'm struggling in div 1 but i managed to draw againts bayern munich schalke etc.

The scripting is indeed toned down compared to the demo and is totally incomparable to the scripting in pes 2012. It's definetely a step in the right direction
__________________
Quote:
"I'm an unassuming person who you wouldn't be able to read nor understand. I'm so complex sometimes I have a hard time understanding myself"
Ultimate777
Rasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:03.

Not yet a member? Register now.

.