PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 24-10-2003, 06:34   #1
gaza1725

gaza1725 is an unknown

Konami Vs Ea Have Konami Screwed It This Time

Anybody who has read my threads will know how much of a pes lover i am , but after reading all the threads of ppl having problems with the stutter i feel sorry for you all and feel a little let down by konami (Even though im completely stutter free).
But what i am playing at the moment throws a big spanner in the works because im playing fifa 2004 as guess what im enjoying it there are a lot of things different with this version as ive always thought all pre versions where total shite , i can see quite a few things from pes added here and at the end of the day i know this is a pes forum and im one of the biggest fans in the world but ill tell ya what this fifa games getting me hooked i really do like it.
But before you all starting calling me im only being honest at last we have a decent fifa game which is only fair to all the muggs who have wasted they money over the years with ea shite.
And at the end of the day im a football fan who loves watching playing for real , and playing football computer games.
Im not going to say i think its better than pes3 as this would be untrue but its a very enjoyable game with excellent comm and graf's and the game play is getting close to pes.
All im saying for now is the fact this stutter problem as become a big issue i think pes3 has a fight on its hands this year for the number 1 spot .
I think a few ppl may be gonna switch ends

gaza1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 06:39   #2
Janus1978

Janus1978 has disabled reputation

I don't think some people have a choice but to go to FIFA. When they get another copy it still does the same thing! Stutttttter

Other people who can't decide which to choose will go FIFA because of the stutter bug.

Last edited by Janus1978; 24-10-2003 at 06:55..
Janus1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 06:40   #3
Rors

Rors has disabled reputation

i thought Fifa won the battle of sales last year .??
Rors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 06:57   #4
freelancer 2k3
  • XBox: Gurtan 360

freelancer 2k3 has disabled reputation

Erm from what i hear FIFA has it's own problems too. Apparently there's some kind of slowdown..
freelancer 2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 07:16   #5
Zygalski
Administrator
  • PSN: Zygalski

Zygalski has disabled reputation

How many PES Vs Fifa and Konami Vs EA threads do we need? They are tending to be all about the same few things.
No more new ones from now on please.

fifa 2003 was clearly in the charts for much longer than PES2 so it's safe to say that it won the battle last time. We'll just have to wait and see this time round. If only Nokami could look up 2 words in a dictionary:
1. Licencing (as in FULL).
2. Marketing (pictures of pies won't get you very far).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The PES6 real club team names list is
Zygalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 07:31   #6
AndrewC

AndrewC has disabled reputation

I'm the other way around. I used to play FIFA but this year I'll be buying PES3 for the PC. FIFA 2004 looks ok at first, a definite improvement over 2003. But the annoying things still exist... The computer still always goes through the middle, formations remain to static, shots are too powerful etc. Play FIFA for two weeks on the hardest level and I'll guarentuee you'll be just about sick of it. For example, you might be two nil up, when all of a sudden the computer performs two unstoppable through balls with one touch and all of a sudden it's 2-2. This is the only way the computer scores and it does it at it's will. It's just plain crap really.
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 14:16   #7
fordfocus
U21 International

fordfocus has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygalski
fifa 2003 was clearly in the charts for much longer than PES2 so it's safe to say that it won the battle last time.
yes that's true m8. you know why? because a 10 or 12 year old boy can't play WE/PES so he will buy fifa. in order to play WE/PES you need to use your brain much. even my 8 years old cousin can play fifa!! but not WE/PES
fordfocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 14:42   #8
McGraw

McGraw is an unknown

I watched a demo of Fifa in Game and it stuttered worse than the PES3 one.
McGraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 14:44   #9
Giggsy11

Giggsy11 is an unknown

pes3 stutter is even bad!!!!

i have the stutter when you score and take goal kicks but its nothing!
Giggsy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 15:04   #10
liechtenstein jim

liechtenstein jim is an unknown

FIFA will always sell more because it is released on more formats(PS2, X-Box,Gamecube, PC, Game Boy, N Gage) while PES is only released on PS2 and PC.
liechtenstein jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 15:12   #11
Giggsy11

Giggsy11 is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by liechtenstein jim
FIFA will always sell more because it is released on more formats(PS2, X-Box,Gamecube, PC, Game Boy, N Gage) while PES is only released on PS2 and PC.
and because fifa has the looks.

when someone walks into the shop and they see pes3 and fifa 2004 they will go for fifa cause it LOOKS better.
Old 24-10-2003, 15:14   #12
AndrewC

FIFA stutters a lot worse than PES on my PC. On my PC PES doesn't stutter at all. The game works perfect for me and I hope it does for others as well... because it would be dissapointing if it didn't sell well for the PC.
Old 24-10-2003, 15:19   #13
Giggsy11

Giggsy11 is an unknown

the PC version always has a danger of stuttering because.

Pc are very unreliable cos they can crash and do all sorts bad things.

i think the console version will be fine.
Old 24-10-2003, 15:43   #14
a121509

a121509 is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfocus
yes that's true m8. you know why? because a 10 or 12 year old boy can't play WE/PES so he will buy fifa. in order to play WE/PES you need to use your brain much. even my 8 years old cousin can play fifa!! but not WE/PES
Owned.

Maybe i'm lucky but i hardly notice the 'stutter' at all now. On the point by Zygalski about licensing/marketing, I couldn't agree more.

Konami know for sure that the PES series will sell loads, and I also know from recent business news that Konami are rivalling nintendo as the #1 games company in Japan. Fact is, Konami CAN afford to a full license for PES, but it's clear to me that they're far too tight to be bothered.

Don't get me wrong, I'd buy PES even if ALL the name were wrong, but at the same time it's very irritating having loads of players called 'Number #' during a game. To me it seems like there are even more in PES 3 than #2, and a lot of these players don't even have the correct commentary names in edit mode.
a121509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 16:33   #15
AndrewC

Quote:
Originally Posted by a121509
Owned.

Maybe i'm lucky but i hardly notice the 'stutter' at all now. On the point by Zygalski about licensing/marketing, I couldn't agree more.

Konami know for sure that the PES series will sell loads, and I also know from recent business news that Konami are rivalling nintendo as the #1 games company in Japan. Fact is, Konami CAN afford to a full license for PES, but it's clear to me that they're far too tight to be bothered.

Don't get me wrong, I'd buy PES even if ALL the name were wrong, but at the same time it's very irritating having loads of players called 'Number #' during a game. To me it seems like there are even more in PES 3 than #2, and a lot of these players don't even have the correct commentary names in edit mode.
I agree with you there. I think PES could be fully licenced, just like how Club Football (a newcomer) is. And it it were fully licenced it could give it that push to make it sell more than FIFA. But I'll no doubt buy it and will just patch it like mad!