sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 21-02-2005, 10:41   #91
Zygalski
Administrator
  • PSN: Zygalski

Zygalski has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by letterbomb
no more 4 trophies for chelsea.. i hope they'll lose against Barca and Liverpool
Wouldn't have believed you before the Newcastle match but I can actually imagine this happening now. We will see how Chelsea cope with key players out. Should be interesting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The PES6 real club team names list is
Zygalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 10:45   #92
Nick Neville

Nick Neville is an unknown

I felt quite sorry for Mourhihno. It was like one of those season defining Championship manager matches, where everything that can go wrong does. Glen Johnson made a quality stop though!

Nick Neville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 12:17   #93
adams9802

adams9802 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamK
Newcastle are a very difficult team to dislike. Their support is geniune (if often exhaggerated) and never really find themselves in any scandals and the like.

Of course there's Shearer though. Although Souness is a big figure of hatred as well, but as the Toon Army hate him just as much, that makes me like Newcastle even more.

That linesman's decision for the corner was easily the worst decision I've ever seen from an official. The ball almost touched his leg as it rolled out for a throw in. Bizarre.
Never in any scandals? Which Newcastle have you been watching? As of late they have been the most scadal ridden club in the Prem...whether it be drink driving, or petulant little cunts who won't play where the manager tells them to. Newcastle is free entertainment!

Money grows on trees when you cut throats to rake leaves.

Sig By Chewy 2004
adams9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 12:24   #94
Nick Neville

Nick Neville is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams9802
Never in any scandals? Which Newcastle have you been watching? As of late they have been the most scadal ridden club in the Prem...whether it be drink driving, or petulant little cunts who won't play where the manager tells them to. Newcastle is free entertainment!
It's a hotbed of roastings, jacuzzis, hotel rooms, wrecked cars and careers, drunken drivers and divers, a veritable latin american enclave in the north east, where the stars dance their own tune to the roar of the Geordie crowd, beneath a totalitarian manager and his play by the books captain, ruled by a corrupt bunch of chairmen led by the evil Freddie Shepherd..

Sorry must stop writing like that. It's a good pitch for a film / mini series though?

Nick Neville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 12:29   #95
Figо10
Ace in the Pack

Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

It definitely looks certain now unless they can get a good solid performance together at the Nou Camp...

Getting knocked out of 3 competitions in the space of 14 days wouldn't be a joke to laugh at for Chelsea...

Figо10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 12:34   #96
adams9802

adams9802 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figо10
It definitely looks certain now unless they can get a good solid performance together at the Nou Camp...

Getting knocked out of 3 competitions in the space of 14 days wouldn't be a joke to laugh at for Chelsea...
Further more there is now an injury crisis that they must deal with,, if they get beat in Spain the season will start to look a whole lot more interesting, however that said I can see that game being utterly shite as Chelsea go out there and choke the life out of the game. Sad really but with Chelsea's limited amount of players at the moment Jose will prolly play 5 in the midfield.

Money grows on trees when you cut throats to rake leaves.

Sig By Chewy 2004
adams9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 13:05   #97
Cray
Prince of Voetbal

Cray has disabled reputation

i am glad they lost to Newcastle...even more happy that is was Kluivert score the only goal

click
and type in the number of points you have. :p
Cray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 13:32   #98
Figо10
Ace in the Pack

Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Further more there is now an injury crisis that they must deal with,, if they get beat in Spain the season will start to look a whole lot more interesting, however that said I can see that game being utterly shite as Chelsea go out there and choke the life out of the game. Sad really but with Chelsea's limited amount of players at the moment Jose will prolly play 5 in the midfield.
If they manage to be unbeaten in Spain (getting an away goal in the process), they've probably won the tie. It isn't easy for Barcelona to score at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea's mean defence.

Old 21-02-2005, 13:59   #99
Zygalski
Administrator

That's a big "if" considering they couldn't score at Newcastle.

|

Old 21-02-2005, 14:09   #100
Figо10
Ace in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygalski
That's a big "if" considering they couldn't score at Newcastle.
I guess they could give the excuse that many key players were rested (Lampard, Terry etc...), and these very players would be playing that heart out at the Nou Camp.

Old 21-02-2005, 15:01   #101
Zygalski
Administrator

I hope Chelsea beat Barca to progress but I remember the last time they met and don't see it happening.

|

Old 21-02-2005, 16:53   #102
Tenacious D

Tenacious D has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figо10
I guess they could give the excuse that many key players were rested (Lampard, Terry etc...), and these very players would be playing that heart out at the Nou Camp.
I agree, I think J.T. will play the best we have seen him to play if we win or if we lose and get knocked out.

And we'll keep the blue flag flying high,
Flying high, up in the sky,
We'll keep the blue flag flying high
From Stamford Bridge to Wemb(er)ley
We'll keep the blue flag flying high
Tenacious D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 19:56   #103
LiamK

LiamK has disabled reputation

Quote:
I meant on-the-pitch scandals, rarely any flare ups or anything of particular note. Not much of a diving club either, although Kluivert fell rather dramatically from the slightest of touches from Carvalho, and Shearer of course. But other than him, there's none of that sort I don't think.

The off-the-pitch scandals are generally hilarious though.
LiamK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 00:39   #104
Freestyle27
Howay the Lads
  • PSN: mucha27

Freestyle27 has disabled reputation

Quote:
If there strikers cant score against us, they wont stand much chance against Barca, considering both Kezman and Gudjonsen played and Drogba's injured. Plus weve got nearly the worst defensive record in the league.
Freestyle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 01:02   #105
cracky

cracky has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle27
If there strikers cant score against us, they wont stand much chance against Barca, considering both Kezman and Gudjonsen played and Drogba's injured. Plus weve got nearly the worst defensive record in the league.
You obviously cant judge the team on one performance :confused: Newcaste played quite well and Chelsea were unlucky but werent particuarly great.
cracky is offline   Reply With Quote