PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 27-06-2016, 19:26   #931
rebelinho
  • Supports: FC Porto, Swansea

rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?rebelinho has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

I've always liked Italy. Cars, food, scenery, football, it's very similar to Portugal in a lot of things, and as I don't live there only the good bits get here. Like paradise to me. This said, I'm enjoying this Italy NT like I've enjoyed few others.

Croatia was one of my favourite teams of EURO2016 so far, but the were atrocious vs us, and Rakitic was a sore bitch afterwards. But Italy, and especially Conte, somehow manage to be consistently good.

I prefer a well played 1-0 to a frenzy 4-3 most times. Yes, the latter might be better/more exciting now and then, but consistency is key, I like tight defences, and Italy provide just that. Spain were stupid (who knew Del Bosque was this stubborn?), they were a mess on the field, and Italy used that against them. Against a 3-5-2 without wingers? 2 strikers, and none in the box? There just isn't enough space to force through the middle. Not even Iniesta found it. Silva tried hard, but there wasn't any movement or ways to reach the area. And in the few moments Italy were distracted, Buffon showed why he is one of the best ever, if not the best.

Italy were the opposite. Giaccherini was a motorbike down the left, who did he manage to remain on his feet is beyond me. Éder did whatever he wanted from Busquets, Pique and Ramos, Pellè hardly lost an aerial duel (more than once managed to control/pass the ball with his chest, regardless of the pressure by Ramos), Florenzi helped everywhere. The back 3 + Buffon speak for themselves, and Parolo was decent recycling possession and evading pressure. Worst unit for me was De Rossi, who spent the first half lost on the pitch, misplacing passes with worrying frequency. Managed to improve and ended well.

A final word about Conte. I don't know Sweey's opinion on the man, but this is what a manager should be. Furiously passionate, never for once sat down. Always on the sideline instructing his players, shouting at them to pressure the opposition, changing their placement on the pitch. Highlight to a recovery by the halfway line, somehow they misplaced a pass and lost the counter. Conte was so mad he stepped inside kicked the ball while bashing the player. I'm gonna enjoy Chelsea next season...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rebelinho is offline   Reply With Quote