No 6 23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 01-09-2008, 19:36   #1
freestyleh7
  • XBox: Freestyleh7

freestyleh7 is an unknown

Netherlands

Couldnt find a netherlands national team thread, so i thought WTF why not.

Head coach: Bert van Marwijk
Captain: Giovanni van Bronckhorst

Home stadium:
Amsterdam ArenA
Feijenoord Stadion
Philips Stadion

The First Team Line-up

1 GK Edwin van der Sar (c) 29 October 1970 (37) 125 0 Manchester United
2 DF André Ooijer 11 July 1974 (33) 37 2 Blackburn Rovers
3 DF John Heitinga 15 November 1983 (24) 36 5 Ajax [34]
4 DF Joris Mathijsen 5 April 1980 (28) 32 2 Hamburg
5 MF Giovanni van Bronckhorst 5 February 1975 (33) 78 4 Feyenoord
6 MF Demy de Zeeuw 26 May 1983 (25) 15 0 AZ
7 FW Robin van Persie 6 August 1983 (24) 24 7 Arsenal
8 MF Orlando Engelaar 24 August 1979 (28) 6 0 Twente
9 FW Ruud van Nistelrooy 1 July 1976 (31) 61 31 Real Madrid
10 MF Wesley Sneijder 9 June 1984 (23) 45 9 Real Madrid
11 FW Arjen Robben 23 January 1984 (24) 33 9 Real Madrid
12 DF Mario Melchiot 4 November 1976 (31) 21 0 Wigan Athletic
13 GK Henk Timmer 3 December 1971 (36) 5 0 Feyenoord
14 DF Wilfred Bouma 15 June 1978 (29) 33 2 Aston Villa
15 DF Tim de Cler 8 November 1978 (29) 15 0 Feyenoord
16 GK Maarten Stekelenburg 22 September 1982 (25) 11 0 Ajax
17 MF Nigel de Jong 30 November 1984 (23) 23 0 Hamburg
18 FW Dirk Kuyt 22 July 1980 (27) 38 7 Liverpool
19 FW Klaas-Jan Huntelaar 12 August 1983 (24) 12 7 Ajax
20 MF Ibrahim Afellay 2 April 1986 (22) 5 0 PSV
21 DF Khalid Boulahrouz 28 December 1981 (26) 22 0 Chelsea [35]
22 FW Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink 7 November 1978 (29) 16 3 Celtic
23 MF Rafael van der Vaart 11 February 1983 (25) 55 12 Hamburg
24 FW Ryan Babel 19 September 1986 25 5 Liverpool (31 May 2008

What are your opinions on the netherlands 2010 world cup qualification group

Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
Netherlands 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Scotland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Norway 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
FYR Macedonia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Iceland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

freestyleh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 19:39   #2
Barry
  • Supports: Ajax, Boston Celtics
  • XBox: The Clogfather

Barry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

There actually is a thread, combined with the Eredivisie thread, but that is dead now. Not a bad idea actually, now I can rant about the Eredivisie in the Other Leagues thread and in this thread I can do the same for the national team.

The qualification group is pretty easy, obviously Scotland and Norway have to dealt with and I doubt it will be easy, though I fear the smaller teams more as we characteristically play shit against opponents who dig themselves in. Good that Van Bommel is back, the cunt that he is. He forms a good partnership with De Jong, who seems to have become so much better and mature in Germany.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 19:40   #3
FutebolArte
  • XBox: FutebolArte
  • PSN: FutebolArte

FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

i hoep so... I've always had a soft spot in my heart for holland... maybe its the big tittied blondes and the weed.. plus they play the most south american within all of europe... unfortunately they've never won...
FutebolArte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 19:43   #4
freestyleh7

Macedonia & norway are the ones to watch out for, but for some reason im not too sure about scotland.
Old 01-09-2008, 20:07   #5
CDDRodrigo
  • Supports: São Paulo Futebol Clube

CDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneCDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneCDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneCDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneCDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneCDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

I like Holland, Van Persie and Nistelrooy rule!

Hope they can get 2° in 2010, when they will lose to Brazil xD
CDDRodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 22:10   #6
somegooner
  • Supports: Mainly Arsenal, but I follow Ajax and Al-Ahly too.

somegooner has disabled reputation

I like Holland. I like the footballing philosophy, I like the cheese, I like the girls. What more is there to like??
Old 01-09-2008, 22:25   #7
freestyleh7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
now I can rant about the Eredivisie in the Other Leagues thread and in this thread I can do the same for the national team.
Good shout, yeah i dont see why we cant rant about the Eredivisie
in this thread
Old 02-09-2008, 18:41   #8
Cannon ball
  • Supports: Manchester City FC

Cannon ball is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cannon ball is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cannon ball is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cannon ball is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cannon ball is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cannon ball is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cannon ball is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cannon ball is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cannon ball is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cannon ball is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cannon ball is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Whats happened to Stijn Schaars? Decent player, but seems to have dissapeared off the map slightly, doesn't get in the Dutch squads anymore.

You guys should qualify quite comfortably. Scotland and Norway are the obvious obstacles, but look out for potential dark horses in Macedonia. What are your thoughts on Van Marwijk, Barry?
Old 02-09-2008, 18:45   #9
freestyleh7

Stijn Schaars only made 6 caps for holland his currently playing for AZ, An ankle injury prevented Schaars from taking part in most of the 2006-07 season and he didn't play a single Eredivisie game during the following season. This effectively ruled out his chances of taking part in EURO 2008 with the netherlands.
Old 02-09-2008, 19:02   #10
Barry
  • Supports: Ajax, Boston Celtics
  • XBox: The Clogfather

Barry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon ball View Post
Whats happened to Stijn Schaars? Decent player, but seems to have dissapeared off the map slightly, doesn't get in the Dutch squads anymore.
He was injured for the entirety of last season, normally I would classify him as one of the best midfielders in Holland. Missed a penalty last weekend, not a very nice return to the league but hey, he'll bounce back. He'll have a hard time getting back in the Holland squad, what with De Jong having cemented his place firmly now and Van Bommel getting back in. Van Marwijk is Van Bommel's father-in-law, by the way.

Quote:
You guys should qualify quite comfortably. Scotland and Norway are the obvious obstacles, but look out for potential dark horses in Macedonia. What are your thoughts on Van Marwijk, Barry?
He's never been a marvellous coach in my eyes, he guided Feyenoord to the UEFA Cup and that was pretty special, but I thought they owed a lot to Van Hooijdonk who kept knocking in free-kicks from all angles (vs. Freiburg, if you wish to Youtube it). He doesn't really add anything, but a squad like we have really coaches itself, or so I believe, all he has to do is keep the ego's in check, a pretty big task by itself still.

So all taken into consideration, I'm pretty indifferent to him.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 22:29   #11
freestyleh7

goal keeper Maarten Stekelenburg could be the new number one for the netherlands, dont know much about him just that he plays for ajax and his 25 years old.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:08   #12
CDDRodrigo
  • Supports: São Paulo Futebol Clube

CDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneCDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneCDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneCDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneCDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneCDDRodrigo has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

What's the age of Van der Sar?
CDDRodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:30   #13
somegooner
  • Supports: Mainly Arsenal, but I follow Ajax and Al-Ahly too.

somegooner has disabled reputation

I think he's 38 Rodrigo.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:32   #14
freestyleh7

yeah his retired now though.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:17   #15
FutebolArte
  • XBox: FutebolArte
  • PSN: FutebolArte

FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?FutebolArte has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

can't wait... going to amsterdam in october...
FutebolArte is offline   Reply With Quote