• PSN: si1stop

simononestop is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerbasNo1Fan View Post
but if you know how to play the game well it's really rewarding
great thats solved it!
im not playing it right!

lol

come on this is one of the most frustrating versions of pes!!
i know how to play it!
Its just dull and boring this year!
BAL better get better coz thats all i played last year the only decent playing part of the game and so far im not impressed!

the button delay is so very much getting on my tits. and some times the players take so long to shoot they deserve to be taken out!!
then the passing when i was really tackling but now got the ball and it passes with out me pressing anything because it was from the tackle earlier! come on.

Maybe ive lost all my knowledge, skill and abilities of the last 10 years of playing pro evo over night!! (or due to the increase of alcohol consumption in the last 10 years lol)

simononestop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 15:25   #17
DublinGunner
  • Supports: Liverpool F.C.

DublinGunner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.DublinGunner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

simononestop - the button delay has been an annoying part of PES for some years now - at least since 2008. I bloody hate when you pressed to tackle, but then the COM passes, and a random player of yours slides.

But for shooting - the delay is mostly down to the players stride. You can;t just shoot when you ant to, you have to be positioned correctly, just like real football.

i.e player is in full stride (right footer), so the player cannot shoot until:
A - the ball is under or near his body and;
B - his left foot is on the ground so he can shoot with his right.

This is the opposite for left footers, or indeed shooting off your left foot, you just have to keep an eye on it, take your finger of run for a second, eh?
DublinGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 16:00   #18
simononestop
  • Supports: Aston Villa
  • XBox: simononestop
  • PSN: si1stop

simononestop is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DublinGunner View Post
But for shooting - the delay is mostly down to the players stride. You can;t just shoot when you ant to, you have to be positioned correctly, just like real football.

i.e player is in full stride (right footer), so the player cannot shoot until:
A - the ball is under or near his body and;
B - his left foot is on the ground so he can shoot with his right.

This is the opposite for left footers, or indeed shooting off your left foot, you just have to keep an eye on it, take your finger of run for a second, eh?
yeah I know this is the case, thats why pro evo has always been so good so realistic (or better game) you have to wait for the ball to drop etc but this version is seems worse how much of a stride do these guys need some times!
simononestop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 17:11   #19
Stella Dave

Stella Dave is an unknown

Just going back on now to 'train' lol!
Some interesting points, will give Top level a go. Think I've only ever tried it once years ago.

On a plus point I love that you can smash the ball more accurately from further back now! Always had to do it on the bounce in the past but seem to be able to just kick it now and most of the time it heads for goal at a good pace.
Stella Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 17:40   #20
ferdinand001
  • Supports: Colo-Colo
  • XBox: curulero

ferdinand001 is an unknown

I play in top player (ESTRELLA) with UDINESE in the Serie A...

In my firts season end in 10th place... Now i am 2nd behind Inter win 12 draw 5 and loose 3.

I play with normal medium camera...and for me everything is related to the new gameplay... dont run everytime, you need to use your tactics sliders and strategy for every game and opponent, during the match...learn to deal with the delay in the shoots on goal and the "blind" refs...

These is not 2009 when you pick a skilly player and pass to the open goal.
ferdinand001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 00:47   #21
Stella Dave

Stella Dave is an unknown

Gettin better, was havin a strop last night! lol

Tried the top level with Man U v Liverpool, got beat 2-0...not too bad.
Stella Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 00:57   #22
Rasmus

Rasmus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Rasmus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Rasmus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DublinGunner View Post
Just my 2c

Don't play on anything lower than Top Level.

I used to play on regular / amateur (2/3 star thing) all the time, as one of my mates used to play at that level, and he got me into the game.

Since I bought my Xbox360, and got PES2009 straight away, I started playing on the same level. Then moving up to the higher levels was really frustrating.

One day I just decided, screw this, I'm gonna start playing at Top Player for everything, and did.

I haven't looked back.

Just got with the highest level of difficulty, and stick with it, it forces you to play well.

My passing moving, scoring, defending (well not in 2010) has gotten so much better, and I won;t play on any level lower than Top Player now.

Sure, some games are still quite difficult, even against crap team (I was Liverpool, and couldn't beat Portsmouth no matter what I tried lol) but its much more fun.

So thats my advice - just play at Top Player, struggle with it for a short time, and don't look back. You'll thank me for it
Totally agreed. And by doing this, it will be more fun playing the new yearly version of pes, since it's always difficult in the beginning..
So more challenging, and therefore when you master it it feels great!
Rasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 22:18   #23
considine46
  • Supports: Scunthorpe Untidied

considine46 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.considine46 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Stella Dave i think your very right in your first post!Since PES5 ive played on top player,but ive always when ive bought the latest edition played at a lower level and worked my way up.Ive had a go on top player on the demo whilst i was playing every night on 2009 top player.On the demo i got beat 1.0,so it is i feel much harder (and on buying the game found the same,thankfully!)
Ive unlocked some leagues on beginner (COM is inane,not making any inroads,keeper stops on the line)
Ive unlocked some more leagues on amatuer (COM can complete more attacking passes but rarely scores,keeper still useless)
Ive played on normal (COM pressures more,keeper is active)still comfortably winning tho!
Now having a go on proffesional (COM trys to keep the ball,keeper breaks out quite fast)
It is quite a step up,but a challenge is what the games about!
So Stella Dave i totally agree with you.I also feel this is good,because to be honest last years game (especially over PES 5)was far too easy.
I just hope that im just finding top player too easy by about Xmas,so that gives me 9 months too totally spank PES'S ass before the new one comes out!
Thanks Konami,youve made some things better and a few things worse,but overall thanks for making this game challenging again!(for me and stella dave anyway!)
considine46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009, 10:02   #24
wintermute00

wintermute00 is an unknown

Yeah on PES6, 2008,.2009 (can't remember earlier lol) normal is fine, you beat it most times but it does put up a fight.

In PES2010 normal doesn't even go for 50/50 balls! but Pro is a huge step up. There needs to be a happy medium.
wintermute00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009, 11:50   #25
username0

username0 is an unknown

pro has always been a different style of play to normal..

normal is just take everyone on no tactics or feel at all..

To play pro u need to be fast / quick minded... build a good team
AND ALWAYS PLAY 10 MINS at least.

Learn the game in pro never play normal again.
username0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009, 12:54   #26
Shuffz

Shuffz is an unknown

My 2 Cents..

i play on top player with either Barcelona(ML) or Spain. I still manage to dribble quite well, passing is still good. I have played i think 9 League games and 5 CL Games only conceded 5 goals scored around 35 in all those matches. The opposition is lucky to have 2 chances a game against me. Now I don't know whether i am good or just lucky?

Tips (maybe?)

- Avoid running next to an opposition when dribbling, it makes it easier for them to push you off the ball.

- When the opposition has the ball in their half start closing them down quickly with Square, X and R1 or whatever is your running button. I have scored at least 5 goals by dispossessing a defender and going through one and one.

- One and ones - try to always place the ball (Use R2 when shooting to place the ball)

- Passing - don't force anything, keep it simple and quick. a good way to get your team forward do the one two pass but don't complete it. I.e. pass and hold L1 so that the player who passed it runs forward.

- Crossing - an example scenario, outside the box and your strikers on the ball use the one two pass I mentioned above and cross early more time than not your on rushing striker is going to get to the ball first.

- When running against the opposition try to get shoulder to shoulder with them and press X and every now and again to slightly nibble at their heels.

I dont play BAL becuase i dont enjoy it at all so i cant help there.
Shuffz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 04:17   #27
broonster

broonster is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Dave View Post
Gettin better, was havin a strop last night! lol

Tried the top level with Man U v Liverpool, got beat 2-0...not too bad.

Hey there, I realise this is an old thread but did you ever get better on Pro level? I've just got PES 2010 (i was put off 2011 by friends) and I too am having the same problem when moving from normal to pro. I try doing tricks to get past players but they never work. I try passing quickly but the ball ends up with the opposition. Very annoying!

Also, I see you used an SPL option file. Can I use that SPL option file along with the arsenald one I'm already using?
broonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 15:59   #28
GhostHunteR

GhostHunteR is an unknown

Yes there is a big difference in regular and professional, I only play BAL and at also in normal mode I would just run past players and score double hatrics which made it really boring. Changed the game level to pro in the transfer window and struggled my ass off, but after some practice, i can still score a lot. You can still dribble past defenders (control your pace!)

difficulty levels are fine, only thing I hate is the refereeing in that game. They litteraly make red card tackles from behind which can brake players legs but ref says "fair tackle" omg.... XD
GhostHunteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 01:44   #29
cauttybinuami
  • Supports: 123456
  • XBox: cauttybinuami
  • PSN: cauttybinuami

cauttybinuami is an unknown

Diablo 3

Diablo 3

Demo the long awaited Diablo 3
cauttybinuami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 20:02   #30
Sabatasso
Banned
  • Supports: Tottenham Hotspur & LSK
  • XBox: XBOX_must_die
  • PSN: PS3_must_die

Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simononestop View Post
great thats solved it!
im not playing it right!

lol
Since it was already bumped;

LMAO, best reply EVER!
This deserves a reward hehehe
Sabatasso is offline   Reply With Quote