PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
User Tag List

Old 05-12-2016, 16:30   #1
Conarmy

Conarmy is an unknown

The "King" is Dead

This isn't PES, it's POS!

(Playstation 4 version/manual settings)

Despite purchasing PES 2017 on its official retail launch, I haven't completed a Master League season, and today it is going to be sent off to be traded. Despite it being easier than ever to apply official kits, it doesn't make this SCRIPTED MESS any more palatable! I strongly believe that they have screwed up the game on purpose, and they don't give a flying f___ about the consumer, except for the consumers' money!

PES 2017 is a cynical con job, the Master League is aimed at absolute morons, no real control over transfer fees, the stupid RANDOM arrows!
I've lost count of the amount of cheesy, SCRIPTED goals the CPU scores! All of a sudden I cannot tackle, dumb headers from corners... Yet again, there are games where the referee has forgotten his bloody whistle, sliding tackles all over the place, GBH City!

Well, I just had to vent somewhere about this, hopefully Bhatti Bhoy will read this posting! They just play PES players for suckers, and the "professional" reviewers give the game top marks for freebies, absolutely disgusting! Do yourself a favour, don't waste time on this SCRIPTED NIGHTMARE of a game.

This is attributed to Einstein: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I'm getting FIFA 17, and although I'm sure that is in no way perfect, it has configurable slider settings.

I went back to FIFA 14 (I gave PES 2017 a break a few weeks ago), I completed a season on my first go, far more engaging and fun (after I altered the slider settings a little bit). With PES 5, goal-scoring was exhilarating, and the CPU wasn't scripted to f___ you up in the 89th/90th minute. When I scored goals in PES 2017, it didn't even feel good! Anyway, I absolutely hate PES 2017, and have finally come to the conclusion that the "king" is dead!

As for FIFA 17, I've bought it for only $7 more than the price they are paying for PES 2017, so no big deal either way ($7 for a new game isn't too bad). : -)

Konami have taken the piss once too often, and it isn't going to get any better. What have they done this year? Well, the CPU no longer scores those monotonously SCRIPTED low corner of the net goals, and the goalkeepers are better (they couldn't have got any worse). What else have they done? They are con merchants!

I played PES 2013 last night, and Beglin's saying the same crap in PES 2017! So, Konami add two lines or so each year? Peter Drury gets on my nerves, he needs to calm the f___ down (especially when the CPU scores another SCRIPTED goal)! "More, and more, and more!" God damn it, it didn't take long to turn that commentary OFF!

PES is a Mickey Mouse product, everything about it is CHEAP (except the price)!!

(One thing I noticed about the loading screens, the traditional red/white Konami logo has disappeared, and isn't in the game either...)

This isn't PES, it's POS!

All the kids of today care about is Messi's f___ing hairstyle and stupid tattoos, f___ the gameplay, make it homoerotic, pink boots for all... all the colours of the rainbow!

Okay, that was cathartic! Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeathe!!

Conarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 19:44   #2
tema44
  • Supports: Gooners

tema44 is an unknown

Big C I couldn't agree with you more. It is same shit every year. I am about done with it as well. Year after year it is one step forward and five steps backwards.
tema44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:52   #3
mk4

mk4 is an unknown

LMAOOOOOO AT BHATTI BOY AHAHA
God damn that comment was too funny man
I am currently enjoying pes but I agree with you man it's ridiculous in terms of presentation and all
Gameplay I'm enjoying because it's something new for me (first PES since 2015 I missed out on 2016) but yeah it is but it's really boring
I hate the commentary, Beglin makes me wanna stuff a load of $HlT up my ears I hate it
Here's another thing adding to the graphics and presentation; Anfield. Ok PES are hyping up their faces and all but their partner club Liverpool still looks horrible apart from a few additions and if that's the case I feel bad for the Madrid or Man Utd fans etc. also Anfield isn't really all that
The adboards don't move ffs and also the graphics seem to downgrade when you play there it's so bad and YNWA is better on FIFA 17 embarrassingly
I am getting FIFA 18 next year I think I'll give pes a miss because 2017 I feel like it's one step forward for sure but two steps back
mk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 17:59   #4
rbcfc1
  • Supports: Celtic FC
  • PSN: RBCFC1

rbcfc1 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.rbcfc1 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.rbcfc1 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk4 View Post

The adboards don't move ffs
The advertising boards actually move on a regular basis, but i know what you mean i buy football simulator games purely on the single basis that the advertising boards move because if they ain't moving i ain't playing...
rbcfc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:14   #5
mk4

mk4 is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcfc1 View Post
The advertising boards actually move on a regular basis, but i know what you mean i buy football simulator games purely on the single basis that the advertising boards move because if they ain't moving i ain't playing...
You misinterpreted me it seems
Only at Anfield it happens and it's not a game breaker I still play it it's just annoying to me personally;
Play a ML with Liverpool then you'll know before acting like a Nob
Old 07-12-2016, 16:35   #6
Conarmy

Conarmy is an unknown

Faux Engine

Thanks for the replies.

To be fair, I too noticed the ad-boards at Anfield; yet another example of how CHEAP Konami are with the game.

"Official Partners"?? Only Konami would gloat about three or so teams with which they are in 'partnership', big f___ing deal; in other words, there are tons of official stadia/kits that they haven't got!! (Yep, I did use an option file, but that was like putting lipstick on a pig.) Konami only care about specific superficial aspects of the game:

PES 2018: Exclusive Representation of Messi's Arse™ - Authentic Bum-o-Rama™ Technology!!

Yeah, I'm being silly, but so too are Konami...

The ad-boards at Anfield just smack of CHEAPNESS! Again, to be entirely fair, their laziness and couldn't-care-less attitude, do lessen the immersion factor, and I found that to be one more annoying thing about the game. The presentation belongs in the PS3/XBOX 360 days, some of it, the PS2 days!!

I swear, in PES 2017 (and for the past few years), they've only changed a few lines of programming code!!

I used to be a big advocate of the PES series, and tried (mainly in vain) to "convert" people to a game that was once far superior to FIFA!

What's happened, Konami?

Just a small(ish) update (Dec. 8th)- I've been playing FIFA 17 for the past two days- and after adjusting the sharpness, and a few other settings on our television- it looks amazing (I love how they've changed the 'Pro' Camera (full zoom/'0' height)). The default camera is great, too.

Games are usually close, the CPU AI is far more intelligent than that of PES 2017; and upon closer inspection, they have made so many little changes that make it a highly enjoyable game. The Frostbite engine isn't just hype- as I thought it might be (you know EA Sports!)- the lighting effects on the stadia/kits/players is really well done. There is tremendous attention to detail, it really is a major update to the series- take note, Konami (if you even care).

Sorry, Konami, but PES 2017 is totally lacking in terms of immersion.

Above all, I'm totally enjoying FIFA 17, and have had more fun (cheering again when I score!!!)- and enjoying the CPU teams' playing styles and nuances- than I had with PES 2017 since it's official retail launch day!

I haven't even had to alter any slide settings as of yet. I'm playing on Professional/full-manual (including shooting)/Slow (speed).

PS4- NO UPDATES/PATCHES!! Last year, EA Sports destroyed the game with patches- to appeal to the arcade football fans. I don't give a crap as to whether it is totally up-to-date or not- I'm going to buy/sell players anyway- it's only a game.

This is the first year where you can actually skip the iconic "EA Sports... it's in the game."

As ever- "horses for courses..."- you may love or hate FIFA 17- you may think PES 2017 is the best football game ever...

I'm not going to "update" this game with their lousy patches (just cancel/delete the "update" when it is presented... or preferably, just play offline!!)

Again, I'm someone who regards PES 5 to be the best of the PES series (PES 2013 coming in second place). I play intelligent, varied football; no long ball/always running down the wing/crossing shenanigans here!!

I actually like the new corner and penalty system, it makes a refreshing change, and makes it more challenging.
Old 07-12-2016, 18:03   #7
rbcfc1
  • Supports: Celtic FC
  • PSN: RBCFC1

rbcfc1 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.rbcfc1 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.rbcfc1 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk4 View Post
You misinterpreted me it seems
Only at Anfield it happens and it's not a game breaker I still play it it's just annoying to me personally;
Play a ML with Liverpool then you'll know before acting like a Nob
Maybe the moving advertising boards at Anfield have been nicked and been replaced with these temporary non moving boards, i will kindly decline your offer of playing a ML with Liverpool thanks. However i counter recommend you play a ML with Borussia Dortmund the advertising boards move freely and i think it would be very therapeutic for you.
rbcfc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:34   #8
mk4

mk4 is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcfc1 View Post
Maybe the moving advertising boards at Anfield have been nicked and been replaced with these temporary non moving boards, i will kindly decline your offer of playing a ML with Liverpool thanks. However i counter recommend you play a ML with Borussia Dortmund the advertising boards move freely and i think it would be very therapeutic for you.
Nah you're alright
Old 11-12-2016, 17:46   #9
The Dude
His Dudeness
  • Supports: Dynamo St. Petersburg
  • PSN: slippy627

The Dude has discovered the General Forums. God help us.The Dude has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

ya I'm about done.

Too much to edit in the game. 80+ fake teams. Duplicate players are annoying. Ya people make teams but if you try to upload some from different people they just get messed up. I had a good option file that had no fake teams. i tweaked all the club to make perfect. Then PES makes an update that ruins everything. Wasted all my time. not doing it again.

ML is terrible Only reason i play the game. No option for less transfers or turning off first transfer window. Nothing new really added. Sick of regenerated players. How hard is it to put 50 names from each country or use names of guys aleady in game like fifa does.

Still didn't add any new leagues. A another European league would be nice or just be able to make more than one. Should be able to use the fake teams to make a league in any region.

I bought fifa too and i dont really like it but i like the career mode. I dont like the gameplay compared to PES.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 18:20   #10
Conarmy

Conarmy is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
ya I'm about done.

Too much to edit in the game. 80+ fake teams. Duplicate players are annoying. Ya people make teams but if you try to upload some from different people they just get messed up. I had a good option file that had no fake teams. i tweaked all the club to make perfect. Then PES makes an update that ruins everything. Wasted all my time. not doing it again.

ML is terrible Only reason i play the game. No option for less transfers or turning off first transfer window. Nothing new really added. Sick of regenerated players. How hard is it to put 50 names from each country or use names of guys aleady in game like fifa does.

Still didn't add any new leagues. A another European league would be nice or just be able to make more than one. Should be able to use the fake teams to make a league in any region.

I bought fifa too and i dont really like it but i like the career mode. I dont like the gameplay compared to PES.
I believe that this helps with the gameplay, in terms of greater 'individualism' of team:

http://projec10.org/premierleague/arsenal

I've assigned/changed individual instructions for all first team players in the EPL. I've changed a lot of the default team strategies too.

I haven't entered those values yet from the above website but I may do so in the future. I'm still enjoying the game a lot (no patches/updates... PS4).

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...fifa-17-a.html

^ That's where I found the suggestions.
Old 17-12-2016, 15:13   #11
Xenas

Xenas is an unknown

Why don't you all send an email to Konami headquarters, explaining what you are saying here?

Only posting here, doesn't reach them, since no one cares about any kind of forums on the Internet.

Believe me, neither this or other forums, are watched by Konami!
Xenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 01:28   #12
Conarmy

Conarmy is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenas View Post
Why don't you all send an email to Konami headquarters, explaining what you are saying here?

Only posting here, doesn't reach them, since no one cares about any kind of forums on the Internet.

Believe me, neither this or other forums, are watched by Konami!
Writing to Konami is probably about as effective as a chocolate fire-guard- but 'venting' on here did make me feel better. I bet 'Adam' Bhatti reads this forum, he's a narcissist...
Old 11-01-2017, 19:28   #13
OCKRASS

OCKRASS is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastOCKRASS is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastOCKRASS is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfastOCKRASS is starting to get recognised at the PESGaming weekly breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
ya I'm about done.

Sup Dude?

I see that you joined this site 2 years after I did ..which was when PES was at its highest rating. Its been 13years for me and 11 for you.

My struggle was also adjusting to Fifa after decades of playing PES.
But I made up my mind to move away from the crap Seabass was serving year after year. I too was a soldier for PES. Cursing anyone who suggested that Fifa was better.

At this point in my life I dont need stress. PES is pure living hell stress ...year after year. Fifa has its problem, but there is no stress.

Give Fifa a try! start out with the training modules...then play offline.

Peace
OCKRASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 00:07   #14
RBENJAMIN

RBENJAMIN has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

I've actually been getting into FIFA this year, and you know what? It's alright, better than the last few editions of PES IMO.

I played a few games on PES '17 and just seems like the exact same as last season, which only just about playable but still a poor game, generally speaking.

Similar to the OP, I've just had enough of PES, the constant stream of bs pre-release, the downloads, the editing, and for what? A barely passable football game.
RBENJAMIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 01:36   #15
Conarmy

Conarmy is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBENJAMIN View Post
I've actually been getting into FIFA this year, and you know what? It's alright, better than the last few editions of PES IMO.

I played a few games on PES '17 and just seems like the exact same as last season, which only just about playable but still a poor game, generally speaking.

Similar to the OP, I've just had enough of PES, the constant stream of bs pre-release, the downloads, the editing, and for what? A barely passable football game.
The thing with FIFA is that the tendencies (how the AI plays) of the CPU can be altered via the sliders- and if done well, can make the game really good indeed.

With the default sliders, I find the CPU teams mark the user's teams too tightly and it's hard to get a shot off. I lowered the marking level a little bit; slowed the acceleration/sprint speeds a little for both the CPU AI and my own team(s); I turned the injury severity down somewhat, and also the frequency of injuries.

I changed one or two other settings as well- and I had some really well-balanced games in my last season (I finished 4th with Crystal Palace (thought I'd pick 'lesser' teams this year).

I haven't bothered with altering the CPU AI teams' formations/tactics etc.- the teams play with enough variety for me. This is the first year where I have felt a real general difference between opposing teams- put it this way- they do not all play in the same way.

I'm playing on "World Class" this year- but for the first time in years, I'm not playing with "all manual" settings (I usually play on "Professional" with manual settings. I'm using "semi" where possible, and "assisted" where it isn't.

I really thought about this, and I had so much fun with "old school" football games, and none of them had manual settings- including PES 5 of course.

"Manual" is far from perfect, and I play a more fluid and enjoyable game now. I like to look for space and pass the ball around, I don't go from "box to box" like a headless chicken.

I'm enjoying the game, that's the main thing- I just couldn't do that with PES 2017, not properly.

Last year was frustration city with PES 2016 and its shitty goalkeepers and karate-expert CPU AI GBH Crew! Fouls all over the place, it isn't much better this year. Those stupid, cheesy "rival games" (derbies)- Konami are full of shit...

EA Sports put so much into the game, even the tracklist; I never fail to find quite a few good songs from the collection. The commentary is on a totally different level- I happen to think Alan Smith does an excellent job as co-commentator- Tyler is great.

I got so sick, so quickly, of hearing Peter Drury's "More, and more, and more!!" after yet another bullshit goal from the CPU teams.

Bring back Peter Brackley and Trevor Brooking! hahaha

I didn't mean to type all of this but it just has to be said. I was once a massive fan of the PES series until PES 2008!! I liked PES 2013 (the best since PES 5), and I even enjoyed playing PES 2014. For me, it went down hill again with PES 2015. I hate the 2016 version, and am pissed off that they just flicked a switch and made the 'keepers better this year.

I'm not one to use offensive language... but fuck 'em!