PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 14-06-2004, 11:14   #1
jMz
I beg your pardon?
  • Supports: Newcastle United, Barcelona
  • XBox: jMz oaKley

jMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Lol Advanced Formations

Firstly, if you don't know how to do it, here is an explanation of how to change formation in game without pausing.
This has now been updated to PES2009. Sorry it took so long.

01. Set up your default formation just as you normally would. Make sure every tiny detail is perfect. Set individual attack and defence arrows to your likings.

02. Go in to DATA MANAGEMENT and then COPY FORMATION. Copy the top block into both STRATEGY A + B just underneath it.

03. On the Formation screen, go into TEAM, You will see

CHANGE GAMEPLAN
STRATEGY PLAN A
STRATEGY PLAN B

select CHANGE GAMEPLAN, then assign STRATEGY PLAN A + B to a button of your choice, remember which is which though. I use for A, and for B. It's easy to remember that an A looks like a triangle, even in the heat of battle.

04. Go into TEAM then STRATEGY PLAN A and move your players around to whatever you want. Stretch the wings, flood the box, dig in deep, etc. Alter attack and defence arrows as required. Try not to pull too many players out of their default positions, a couple of subtle changes can have as much impact as a full formation change. You need to take into account your players abilities and what other positions they can play. Do the same for STRATEGY PLAN B.
An attacking and a defensive option is wise with your default formation being well balanced.

05. Now you're ready to test it out. Use Exhibitions until you find the right balance, so you don't mess up your league if it isn't working for you. To activate the formation changes in game, you need to press + or . When the symbol appears next to your status bar, it means it's active. Don't have both on at the same time though, they'll cancel each other out.

06. Practice and experiment. That is after all a big part of what gaming is all about.
I've no time for glitch gamers, people looking for cheap goals, cheats, underhanded tactics, and general shadyness and lack of sportsmanship. The game should be played with honour, creativity and personality. If you are here looking for cheap ways to win, fuck off and die. Like anything in life, if you want to be good at something, practice. Cheats may sometimes prosper, but everybody hates you, and your Mam would NOT approve. I asked her.

OTHER NOTES.
Instead of having 3 formations, you could go for a simpler option of just 2. In the CHANGE GAMEPLAN menu, at the bottom in CHANGE GAMEPLAN CONTROL, Instead of selecting MANUAL, select BALANCED and assign L2 to STRATEGY PLAN A. This way you only have to press in game to activate your formation change. And it makes using the other strategies, like counter attack and zone press easier as all 3 will be automatic. Although the hardcore won't like the idea of the computer changing for them.
Player selection and positioning is key. You may have edited some players to compensate for extra positions Konami didn't get right.
Your formation will only be saved in your master league if you have done it within the ML menu system, and not before a game, if you build one before a game it can be saved using DATA MANAGEMENT. If you do it before a game, go to stock formation to save it.
Don't forget to save it.

All the details you could need are on the images.
HIGH NORMAL LOW (blue text) = individual defensive status (blue arrows). Accessed with Formation, Individual.

Earlier pictures were made for PES3, later you will see a new design, they are for PES4, but the idea carries through both games.
Enjoy.
*Edit - Sorry the images are still ancient but I don't have the same setup as I used to, it's a nightmare for me on a laptop. I have huge hands. I will get round to doing some updates on my desktop. One day.
Thanks for reading.
Attacking Options

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Follow me on Twitter @JimboFingers

Last edited by jMz; 10-01-2009 at 06:30.. Reason: Updated for PES2009
jMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 11:17   #2
jMz
I beg your pardon?

jMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Balanced 442

This is one for those who like a back 4 with a difference.

Old 14-06-2004, 11:20   #3
jMz
I beg your pardon?

Strong Midfield Option

If you like a midfield battle, and also like to win it, this is for you. There are lots of goals in this team, but player selction is vital.

Old 14-06-2004, 11:27   #4
Lami
#1 Stunner
  • PSN: LamiPS

Lami has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneLami has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneLami has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneLami has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneLami has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneLami has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

pretty neat mate
Lami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 11:42   #5
Lami
#1 Stunner

Lami has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneLami has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneLami has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneLami has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneLami has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneLami has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

i just found it off a site... but if u really want a vid made to gif... theres someone on here called ashmufc who can do that... u can ask him
Old 14-06-2004, 12:45   #6
Zygalski
Administrator
  • PSN: Zygalski

Zygalski has disabled reputation

Good work.

But I can't read the name of the third number 7 player. Who's that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

The PES6 real club team names list is
Zygalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 12:47   #7
Lami
#1 Stunner

yea same here... i thought he meant "Me" ?
Old 14-06-2004, 12:56   #8
jMz
I beg your pardon?

Yes it is me. I couldn't resist sticking meself down, I'm not bad boss, honest. Doesn't everyone play for their own team? Please don't drop us boss......

Follow me on Twitter @JimboFingers
Old 15-06-2004, 01:42   #9
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jMz
Yes it is me. I couldn't resist sticking meself down, I'm not bad boss, honest. Doesn't everyone play for their own team? Please don't drop us boss......
I like the setup you got going dude.I play 2 at the back and it rocks,Try droping the sweeper and stick in another def mid player it rocks!!!

P.s Dundon's is always first down on my team sheet.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." Meyyappan

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2004, 06:54   #10
djlemon

djlemon is an unknown

Hey.. Nice formation pics there man.. Sorry but i gotta ask.. How do u automatically change the formation in the game? I'm playing WE7 but in jap, cant understand a thing.
djlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2004, 08:50   #11
Lami
#1 Stunner

i think its manual, u gota press L2 + any of the 4 buttons, depends wat u chose in the strategy list..
Old 15-06-2004, 11:06   #12
observer

observer is an unknown

Thumbs up Great Job

Thanks jMz for this great thread and this valuable information. I think this is the kind of threads we really miss here. Viewing different formarions, stratgies, creative players positions and roles is extremely useful. I think most players edit the standard formations to suite their way of playing, and we need to share these different effective formations, strategies and player positions...
Let us hope we have more of this.
Thanks again for the great info.
observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2004, 11:36   #13
jMz
I beg your pardon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundons
I like the setup you got going dude.I play 2 at the back and it rocks,Try droping the sweeper and stick in another def mid player it rocks!!!
Can't do that, my mates are far too good to be giving them advantages like that. They'll normaly have 3 up front you see.
Old 15-06-2004, 11:39   #14
djlemon

djlemon is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lami
i think its manual, u gota press L2 + any of the 4 buttons, depends wat u chose in the strategy list..
Ohh.. I know we have to press L2 and any of the 4 buttons but i duno where's the strategy list. I know thats kinda dumb of me but everything is in jap haha cant understand a thing man..
djlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 07:49   #15
observer

observer is an unknown

Formations questions

a few questions:
1. Does anybody know what is meant by "Back line" in the team strategy?
2. Can I set all the quick strategies to "A" or this will make my players loose stamina faster?
3. If I set Counter attack to "C", would I still be able to use Counter attack through team tactics in the main menu (by using say + : )?
4. What is the difference between Sweeper and Libro in the defense system, and would it still be that effective when I have 4 players in the back?

Appreciate your thoughts
Thanks
observer is offline   Reply With Quote