PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
Old 25-04-2007, 02:25   #61
g33k

g33k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneg33k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneg33k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneg33k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneg33k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneg33k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

I honestly don't have any problem with Windows, mine works 99% fine. Also, OS X and Linux don't have anywhere near the amount of games as Windows.

g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 08:35   #62
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Windows isn't as bad as it is made out to be. Half the end users who criticise it aren't exactly great with computers in any event. Granted there are some weird abilities included in Windows (registry overriding which I've seen a virus exploit) but the incessant Microsoft-bashing is boring and unnecessary. If it were Apple in their position (and they had the chance to be but fucked it up big-time) or any other company for that matter, everyone would hate them instead. That's just how things work.

As for Linux, it is pretty crap as far as I've experienced.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 09:15   #63
Usul
  • Supports: FCB

Usul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Whatever.

Microsoft have bled the people dry for years, but there are always tools out there that'll defend them.

It's a shite system, period. The only reason we all have to use it, is because all of the software and gaming companies are cock sucking bastards.

It's a disgusting monopoly.

I have had some experience with Lynux, and it's not worse than Windows. Pretty far from crap, actually. It's far more solid than Windows, that's for sure. The only thing that sucks about it, is that you can't run shit like photoshop on it without using an emulator, but at least it's not vulnerable to Trojans and viruses.

I'll probably install both systems just so i can use some windows based software and run the games.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Usul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 11:30   #64
g33k

g33k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneg33k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneg33k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneg33k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneg33k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneg33k has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'Dib View Post
Microsoft have bled the people dry for years, but there are always tools out there that'll defend them.
That's probably because I have never paid for Windows. Ever.
Old 25-04-2007, 19:25   #65
K.1.N.G.
Club Captain

K.1.N.G. has discovered the General Forums. God help us.K.1.N.G. has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original? View Post
There are two versions of USB, 1.1 and 2.0, yours' are currently 1.1 obviously, for things like printers and a mouse that's perfectly fast enough but can be a bit tiresome for data transfer. You can get a USB 2.0 PCI card and slot that onto your motherboard, and then plug your Ipod into those ports.
Did u not get the bit about me being totally clueless when it comes to computers
Old 25-04-2007, 19:27   #66
Sweey
Administrator

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
Whatever.

It's a shite system, period. The only reason we all have to use it, is because all of the software and gaming companies are cock sucking bastards.

It's a disgusting monopoly.

I have had some experience with Lynux, and it's not worse than Windows. Pretty far from crap, actually. It's far more solid than Windows, that's for sure. The only thing that sucks about it, is that you can't run shit like photoshop on it without using an emulator, but at least it's not vulnerable to Trojans and viruses.

I'll probably install both systems just so i can use some windows based software and run the games.
Just sounds like you on an anti-Microsoft trip. Next you'll be complaining about Intel's processor stranglehold and how unfair it is.

As for Linux being better than Windows, that's something I seriously couldn't contemplate. Microsoft have surely screwed us over with Internet Explorer and Outlook but Linux not being vulnerable to trojans and viruses is a joke. People (not aimed at you) just need to learn how to use their computers properly.
Old 26-04-2007, 00:10   #67
Usul

Usul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussolini View Post
Just sounds like you on an anti-Microsoft trip. Next you'll be complaining about Intel's processor stranglehold and how unfair it is.

As for Linux being better than Windows, that's something I seriously couldn't contemplate. Microsoft have surely screwed us over with Internet Explorer and Outlook but Linux not being vulnerable to trojans and viruses is a joke. People (not aimed at you) just need to learn how to use their computers properly.
Man, i am on a hate trip because i've had to fomat my HD this year repeatedly, due to different reasons - the latest being a cunt of a virus that goes by the name 'gamecopy.exe'.

As far as i know, Lynux is actually safer than windows, simply because most viruses and trojans are designed to infect windows systems.

What i am really pissed off about, is that you need a myriad of external software to properlly run your computer. Everytime i install XP, i have to download shitloads of other things.

Also, Lynux based systems are for free. Not that i give a flying one, as i don't pay a dime for what i have and download.

About Intel, of course it's unfair. They pourposefully give us slightly better processors year by year just so they can make more money, when we all could have had what we have now, five or more years ago. That's a fact.

I happen to own an AMD processor, btw.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 26-04-2007, 01:38   #68
g33k

When I use Windows, all I need is (both free)

-AVG Anti-Virus
-Sygate Personal Firewall

I cannot understand how most people get a virus, it's a very fucking hard thing to do
Old 26-04-2007, 09:14   #69
Usul

Quote:
Originally Posted by g33k View Post
When I use Windows, all I need is (both free)

-AVG Anti-Virus
-Sygate Personal Firewall

I cannot understand how most people get a virus, it's a very fucking hard thing to do
I got it through my memory stick, which i had plugged into a comp hooked to a network, but they can sneak into your PC if they are new and you either haven't updated your software's virus definitions or there just aren't any for the new threat. It is not easy to get them, and it happens to those that access dodgy sites, or open dubious e-mails.

About the essential software. You have to get Office separately, and you need Photoshop because you're not going anywhere with paint. Now that i think of it, you don't really need that many extra programs apart from those two, but if you want to get the most out of your system, you're better off installing specialized software because windows' applications are lacking.

That's an average of six external programs that you need and, in theory, have to pay for.

Old 26-04-2007, 09:35   #70
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
Man, i am on a hate trip because i've had to fomat my HD this year repeatedly, due to different reasons - the latest being a cunt of a virus that goes by the name 'gamecopy.exe'.

As far as i know, Lynux is actually safer than windows, simply because most viruses and trojans are designed to infect windows systems.

What i am really pissed off about, is that you need a myriad of external software to properlly run your computer. Everytime i install XP, i have to download shitloads of other things.

Also, Lynux based systems are for free. Not that i give a flying one, as i don't pay a dime for what i have and download.

About Intel, of course it's unfair. They pourposefully give us slightly better processors year by year just so they can make more money, when we all could have had what we have now, five or more years ago. That's a fact.

I happen to own an AMD processor, btw.
Well, I do understand how pissed off you must be at having to reformat your hard drive repeatedly over the course of this year.

Gamecopy.exe supposedly relates to Game Copier 2 (illegal game copying software) which, being illegal, would probably be riddled with spyware and trojans.

Regarding Intel, it isn't unfair. I have never used an Intel processor but certainly will do so on my next upgrade. They have absolutely destroyed AMD in a completely fair way (had more resources for R&D) and are rightfully number one. The prices are absolutely fantastic too. As for releasing slightly better processors year by year, nobody is forcing us to buy them. Games companies don't utilise them the moment they are released although the PC market is in full swing once again with quad core being the standard for games in 18-24 months.
Old 26-04-2007, 12:21   #71
g33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'Dib View Post
About the essential software. You have to get Office separately, and you need Photoshop because you're not going anywhere with paint. Now that i think of it, you don't really need that many extra programs apart from those two, but if you want to get the most out of your system, you're better off installing specialized software because windows' applications are lacking.
Open Office is just a free version of MS Office pretty much, and I love it. The GIMP is a free substitute for Photoshop, although I don't use it as I do prefer Photoshop. There's loads of lovely freeware floating about. Of course, there is some effort involved so in the end if you prefer Linux then it doesn't matter.

And IMO, AMD > Intel
Old 26-04-2007, 12:57   #72
Sweey
Administrator

We're going completely off topic but...

Quote:
And IMO, AMD > Intel
Based on what?

The AMD dual core processors have, factually, been completely obliterated by Intel's Core 2 Duo technology (I'm still on an AMD dual core processor now as I'm getting ready to upgrade sometime in the next quarter).

In every single case, the equivalent Intel processor is far superior. I've always loved AMD but they are, literally, six months away from bankruptcy as a result of Intel having two R&D teams and AMD, due to being a smaller company, only having one. AMD won't go bankrupt because of the forthcoming Barcelona core which promises to outperform certain Intel processors (mainly quad-core and for servers rather than desktop users) but Intel are well underway with their plans for the second half of this year when even the current Conroe and Kentsfield cores are going to be surpassed by the 45mm press Penryn cores which will run far cooler. For overclockers Intel processors already run cooler than their equivalent AMDs and that has been the case pretty much forever.
Old 26-04-2007, 13:00   #73
g33k

Just price-wise. Not basing it on anything really since I haven't upgraded my PC for 2 or 3 years *sob* I'm far behind on all the new processors.
Old 26-04-2007, 13:03   #74
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
Just price-wise. Not basing it on anything really since I haven't upgraded my PC for 2 or 3 years *sob* I'm far behind on all the new processors.
Ah fair enough then . AMD were far superior back then but now (even price-wise ) there's been a massive change in favour of Intel.
Old 26-04-2007, 13:04   #75
The Messiah
#1 Troll
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • XBox: Zatoichi83
  • PSN: Messiah83

The Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Download more RAM.
The Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote