PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
sponsored by: window washing austin. If you need windows cleaned and you're in Austin, TX, I highly recommend www.windowcleanersaustin.com to do the job!
View Poll Results: Which web browser do you use?
Internet Explorer 1 2.56%
Mozilla Firefox 21 53.85%
Google Chrome 9 23.08%
Opera 5 12.82%
Safari 3 7.69%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 23-04-2011, 15:30   #1
Gato
Cat O' War!!
  • Supports: Real Madrid
  • PSN: pategato

Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Which web browser do you use?

With the recent release of Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4, and the notable growing of Google Chrome, which one you guys use the most?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 15:34   #2
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Firefox for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 15:43   #3
Ultimate777
Banned

Ultimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Google chrome is the best to use, much faster and less crashing then I.E and Firefox which have turned to shit. Never used opera or safari
Ultimate777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 17:41   #4
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Firefox, the previous version were pretty shit and crashed quite reguarly for me but so far with 4 I haven't had any problems.

Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 17:48   #5
Rainey
  • Supports: S.S. Lazio

Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Firefox is my main one, but I use Chrome every so often. The latest IE isn't too bad either.
Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 18:27   #6
Hunter
BELIEVE

Hunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Firefox definitely for me.

It's quite amazing just how quickly things change online. We all used IE only years ago, now from the poll we can see no one is using it right now - the same with Myspace becoming irrelevant compared to Facebook etc.

Quite incredible how quickly things change.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 18:32   #7
Appswah
Country Captain
  • Supports: Manchester United / New England Patriots
  • XBox: Appswah
  • PSN: Appswah

Appswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Chrome/Firefox
Appswah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 18:49   #8
Gato
Cat O' War!!
  • Supports: Real Madrid
  • PSN: pategato

Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Gato has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Chrome might be the fastest browser there is, but, it is spyware, it reports to google all your movements in the internet. I use Firefox as my main, and sometimes IE 9.

Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 20:42   #9
Tech_Skill

Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

It depends what you are looking for in a Browser.

I dont fuck with Chrome because it apparently is very invasive.

Actually, im actually starting to read into some information regarding firefox being very overrated in terms of its security benefits. In past it was always said that FF was far more secure than I.E and i think this was one of the main reason for its use, of course, firefox uses open source code I believe so I guess more people have access to the code to patch the loop holes etc.

If anyone can explain exactly why firefox is more secure than IE8/IE9, Id be very willing to listen. Interestingly, firefox does not have a ''protective mode'' in which code you execute is run in a sandboxed environment rather having the freedom of the whole OS to operate in.....Internet Explorer does have this mode. You can also put sites into different content containers in I.E which determines how stringent the security is, but I doubt this is something most end users mess around with, perhaps the issue lies with people not knowing how to configure I.E to its max potential (me included)

I think any comparison of the two browers should be how secure they are in their orginal states, and you can download add-ons for firefox (advatantage of open source code i guess) which further secure your computer, like no script, which I hear is pretty good for stopping javascript and other interactive code running on sites you dont trust.
Tech_Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 20:49   #10
Sminky
Middle Age Awaits
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • PSN: Sminky_Pinky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

I can't use Google Chrome because it corrupts my Norton Security software. Its absurd, no sooner than you install it disables Norton. Its a common issue apparently. Wish I checked before doing it! Had to reinstall Norton, at least on the plus side I got the latest one for fuck all, on the negative side my CPU usage is always hitting 100%.

Sminky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 20:54   #11
Tech_Skill

Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Tech_Skill has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminky View Post
I can't use Google Chrome because it corrupts my Norton Security software. Its absurd, no sooner than you install it disables Norton. Its a common issue apparently. Wish I checked before doing it! Had to reinstall Norton, at least on the plus side I got the latest one for fuck all, on the negative side my CPU usage is always hitting 100%.
LMAO, are you saying you have sustained 100% cpu usage? What the fuck process is taking up the cpu? (you checked task manager right) Is it Norton? You have a newish pc right?

Cos I dont give a fuck, 100% usage means you have a fucking problem right there, technically, your machine should be crippled to fuck.
Old 23-04-2011, 20:57   #12
Sminky
Middle Age Awaits

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Its the piece of shit IE. It hits a 100% on each page click. Sometimes it crashes the laptop. I've run advanced Spyware and Malware and its basically the executable file for IE raping my laptop. I need a new browser because the new IE coupled with Norton is fucking me over.

Old 23-04-2011, 21:09   #13
Tech_Skill

Quote:
Its the piece of shit IE. It hits a 100% on each page click. Sometimes it crashes the laptop. I've run advanced Spyware and Malware and its basically the executable file for IE raping my laptop. I need a new browser because the new IE coupled with Norton is fucking me over.
...........hmmmm.

okay. And how much cpu/memory do you have on this laptop.

Its very possible your CPU will spike at 100% when its active, but it should ideally spike only, not be at 100% sustained.

So are you saying the CPU usage is fine, until you run I.E and then it gets out of control, or is norton already taking up lots of CPU before you exceute I.E? So basically, close all the fucking windows down, so its just you, the operating system, plus the AV, and note the CPU usage down and what processes are take up CPU, then run I.E on top and then see if the CPU skyrockets.

Quite simply, Id be very suprised if I.E alone was causing that CPU usage, I suspect there is something else or combination of things.

Why the fuck are you using norton anyways? I use Windows Security Essentials, made by microsoft for free, Norton products have a bad rep for being a nightmare to unstall cos they leave left over shit in the registry, infact i think symantec made a separate piece of software just to uninstall norton correctly! lol.
Old 23-04-2011, 21:22   #14
Sminky
Middle Age Awaits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Skill View Post
...........hmmmm.

okay. And how much cpu/memory do you have on this laptop.
2GB RAM. 250 Internal Memory.

Quote:
Its very possible your CPU will spike at 100% when its active, but it should ideally spike only, not be at 100% sustained.
It spikes and often holds at 100% for at least 5-10 seconds. On occasions it will hold for longer crashing the page. The amount of times that happens is variable though, so far this evening its only really hung once and I had to close IE because of it.

Quote:
So are you saying the CPU usage is fine, until you run I.E and then it gets out of control, or is norton already taking up lots of CPU before you exceute I.E? So basically, close all the fucking windows down, so its just you, the operating system, plus the AV, and note the CPU usage down and what processes are take up CPU, then run I.E on top and then see if the CPU skyrockets.
Its IE, the exe file goes mad. Although I've had a usage warning message flag up for programs such as MS Paint before where it was processing a large picture crop.

Quote:
Quite simply, Id be very suprised if I.E alone was causing that CPU usage, I suspect there is something else or combination of things.
Its been horrific since the Norton install. I think some fucking evil malware is on my laptop but even the most recommended programmes can't find the fucker. Its probably tucked away in Registry somewhere recording details for some shit house consumer stat company in America (that really has happened to me!)

Quote:
Why the fuck are you using norton anyways? I use Windows Security Essentials, made by microsoft for free, Norton products have a bad rep for being a nightmare to unstall cos they leave left over shit in the registry, infact i think symantec made a separate piece of software just to uninstall norton correctly! lol.
Yeah, the Norton uninstall product, they don't tell you when you buy the software that if your PC already has a trial version you have to download a program to remove the resident file. I couldn't work out why the fucking thing kept insisting it had to install the file until I read online that theres a problem with symantec software over-writing older files. Thats why I didn't get the free upgrade I was entitled to recently until I reinstalled the program. Useless wankers.

Still, Norton scores highly on security, I think only one program scores higher. Fucked if I can remember what its called but it was about 70 sheets.

Old 23-04-2011, 21:39   #15
Tech_Skill

Quote:
2GB RAM. 250 Internal Memory.

It spikes and often holds at 100% for at least 5-10 seconds. On occasions it will hold for longer crashing the page. The amount of times that happens is variable though, so far this evening its only really hung once and I had to close IE because of it.

Its IE, the exe file goes mad. Although I've had a usage warning message flag up for programs such as MS Paint before where it was processing a large picture crop.

Its been horrific since the Norton install. I think some fucking evil malware is on my laptop but even the most recommended programmes can't find the fucker. Its probably tucked away in Registry somewhere recording details for some shit house consumer stat company in America (that really has happened to me!)

Yeah, the Norton uninstall product, they don't tell you when you buy the software that if your PC already has a trial version you have to download a program to remove the resident file. I couldn't work out why the fucking thing kept insisting it had to install the file until I read online that theres a problem with symantec software over-writing older files. Thats why I didn't get the free upgrade I was entitled to recently until I reinstalled the program. Useless wankers.

Still, Norton scores highly on security, I think only one program scores higher. Fucked if I can remember what its called but it was about 70 sheets.
I reckon you can fix this to be honest, I cant be assed to hassle you for the information (logs files would be needed at the minimum), im sick of spending time pretending I know about computers, does my head in.

My reccomendation is to go to tech support forum's security section, they show you how to gather logs which will tell stuff like the running processes on your machine and where the processes lie in the registry etc, this will help them to determine if there are nasties on your machine.

I can tell you a prodct I use is 'combo fix', now this absoltely napalms the registry, and you gotta read around a bit before using it just to make sure, (do a system restore or something before hand, to be honest, combo fix backs up the reg anyways), i forgot how exactly this fucker works, but it goes through the reg and rips out any shit it deems aint doing no good for your pc, its never failed me, but read up on it, because its not something to be fucked with. Its easy to run though, 10 mins and you'll know if something has improved.

What I would also say, is simply disable norton, or the real time scanning and then run I.E and see what happens, it will take you two seconds to do it....let me know if that makes any difference and then turn it on.