PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 31-08-2012, 22:19   #1
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

New Laptop

So I'm after a new laptop after my previous one being a piece of shit, it was an Advent which I believe is PC World's own brand. Anyway I've been looking at this one but was just hoping anyone could advise one which is affordable and has a decent size hard drive and is most importantly reliable!

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pav...84755-pdt.html

Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 22:33   #2
Makavelian
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: Makavelian5408

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Shit CPU
Makavelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 15:08   #3
Foxhound
La Li Lu Le Lo
  • Supports: Manchester United

Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Foxhound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

I think Asus has some laptops for around that price, but using the i5 processor.
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 15:15   #4
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

If you're going around the Ł400 mark, communicate with Hunter about the one he bought last week. Otherwise, specify a budget.

The one you have linked to has a CPU I wouldn't bother with.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 15:17   #5
IronCity
Banned
  • PSN: swanndoggy

IronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusIronCity is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

go for a core processor, I just don't trust anything else
IronCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 19:40   #6
Ultimate777
Club Captain

Ultimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by Ali

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM PCWORLD/CURRIES. I had to take them to small county court on a laptop they sold to me which was garbage and they will do anything to get avoid giving you a replacement or refund.

It's a nightmare looking for the right specs, it's best to get them custom made, ideally you'd want one 3rd gen intel core processors with the latest GeForce GTgraphics card if you want for gaming.

Do not get intel hd graphics as it's only for office use and will break down if you play any games on it.

Also try to avoid 17 inch screens as they overheat easily. Best reliable models are asus,aecer and tohisba.
And Jonno as my pilot
Ultimate777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 20:19   #7
Hunter
BELIEVE

Hunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHunter is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Yeah, it's no doubt best if you let us know what you're going to be using the laptop for - because if gaming is included, then that'll probably change the wider picture quite dramatically.

But as others have said, let us know your budget and what you're hoping to use it for roughly, as that'll then paint a better picture, thus allowing everyone to provide more detailed responses and help.

I initially didn't want to spend much on a laptop, especially as I hadn't planned on it - but sometimes, paying that extra Ł30-40 might just save you a lot of frustration in the future. It's still early doors with my new laptop, but overall, standing back, I feel as though I've definitely made the right choice for me with my budget accounted for and in comparison to what else was on the market within this budget range.

Just for clarification's sake, my new laptop is a Packard Bell EasyNote TS; which has an Intel Core i3 Processor, 6GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive space, a 15.6" HD screen along with your other more usual components (built-in 1.3MP webcam, DVD drive etc).

If you're wanting a chat about things though, just hit me up, I'm sure I'll be able to help (thanks to Sweey helping me also in my purchase). We seem to be within a similar budget range, so I'm sure I can pass on what I found out during my recent hunting for a laptop etc. Choose your avenue, post in here, via PM, or even through Facebook chat as I think we're added on that? Can't remember.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 21:45   #8
Lörd TH

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Well I'm going to uni and will be doing quite a lot of music production related things so some might say get a mac but I've used windows for so long so wouldn't want to changed, ideally at least.
Old 01-09-2012, 21:51   #9
Ultimate777
Club Captain

Ultimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by AliUltimate777 has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Alot of applications are geared towards windows, macs are good but if you're use to windows you may as well stick with it.

Tomorrow when I'm not so tired I'll link you with some top laptops that are within your budget.
And Jonno as my pilot
Ultimate777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 21:53   #10
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

For heavy music production, you'll want 6-8GB RAM. If you aren't gaming, stick with Intel HD graphics and you'll want at least a Core i5 processor. All of this is more than sufficient for web browsing and all that jazz as well.

Macs are good for music production and used by many DJs and the like. Would I get a Mac?

NEVER
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 00:29   #11
muscularmatt
  • Supports: Wolves
  • PSN: Macho_Man_Matt

muscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusmuscularmatt is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Don't get a mac. Everytime one is sold, Steve Jobs wrestles a little more of the sovereignty of hell away from Satan.
Joel, you think you're so much better than everyone else but let's face it, you're a cunt!
muscularmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:25   #12
Lörd TH

Well for now I'm going to wait till I get to university and see how much stuff I will actually be doing in my own time and then I'll get back to you guys!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:25   #13
Nifty1Pound50
Insert user title here
  • PSN: polski_sklep

Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Nifty1Pound50 is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

What type of music production are we talking?

Give me a list of the sorts of things you do and we'll go from there. What I mean is...

Do you have external hardware already that you'll want to be hooking up or are you after a software-only solution? If so, which software are you using? If you're not sure what you're likely to use until you start your course, that's OK obviously - I'm sure you can update us at the relevant time.

I have it in my mind that you're a musician. If so, what instrument(s) do you play? Are others likely to want to get plugged in, too, for jam sessions?

If you're working with a lot of external equipment (guitars, drum machines, synthesizers), my first thought is that the out-of-the-box laptop isn't going to be much use without some a good hardware audio interface.

Having 8Gb of RAM is all very well and good, but there's no point if you can't even plug your MIDI keyboard into it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not even sound same!

Nifty1Pound50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:48   #14
Lörd TH

Well I'm a drummer, but my course is based around recording/remixing/sound for film etc. So at max I suspect all I'll really need is a midi keyboard and obviously some software, perhaps Cubase/Adobe Audition/Pro Tools. But as I said I'm not 100% sure but my enrolment is next week so I'm sure I'll find out then!
Old 08-09-2012, 14:46   #15
Lörd TH

I have made a purchase!

Will post later with more details.