PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 01-03-2013, 03:01   #616
Dagoods

Dagoods has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usul View Post
Messi is not my favorite all-time player, but what Joel says is so true. People should just stop talking shit about Lionel. I've never seen anyone run at defenders like that and dribble at that speed with such close control.

What's this nonsense about La Liga being a poor league anyway?

Please check the stats before making such statements.

Barcelona are far superior, and Madrid had to use a 400m loan just to keep up. That doesn't mean that the rest of the teams are shite.
Valencia came in 3rd place last season, they finished only 39pts behind RM and 30pts behind Barca...

Scoring records are being shattered season after season by the usual suspects...
coincidence? I highly doubt it!
Dagoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:08   #617
Dagoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur View Post
You see.... This is exactly the type of delusional fan, that inspired this here thread. How the hell is Ronaldo better than Messi? Just because he had two extraordinary seasons, one with Barca, and one with Inter?

Messi has scored better goals than any Ronaldo goal. The best goal that Ronaldo ever scored (I think), was in Barca, and his physique and strength were essential factors to that goal. Messi scored a Maradona-like goal, at a time when he was incredibly injury prone, evidently weak, and even smaller than he currently is, meaning that the goal was mostly determined by both his left foot and his unusual acceleration, and not by physical factors such as size and strength.

Not only has Messi scored better goals than Ronaldo, he also scores a wider variety of goals: chipped goals, Maradona-like goals, Messi-like goals, headers, long range, etc, etc, the only thing missing is a bicycle kick goal.

Having mentioned that, if you asked me how much better do I think Ronaldo would've been had he been surrounded by Xavi-Iniesta, that's a good argument.... but still is mere speculation at the end of the day; I prefer to base my opinions (and arguments) on more concrete factors.

Comparing Zidane with Messi is not only unfair (to Zidane) but also not the best comparison, due to obvious reasons. Zidane must be one of the most overrated players ever... Robert Pires probably was as good or perhaps the better player when France won the EURO 2000. People talk about how France flopped at the 2002 World Cup "because Zidane did not play due to injury", yet completely overlook the fact that Robert Pires was also out of the World Cup due to a severe knee injury. I think France would've had a great 2002 WC had Pires been available to play Zidane's role.

Zidane was a great player, but far too many people think of him as an equal to Maradona, or Messi, or other players who were clearly better than him in almost every conceivable department.

Comparing Ronaldinho with CR7 is just wrong, they shouldn't be on the same list. In fact, I think Ronaldinho in his prime was a better player than Ronaldo ever was. I think that Ronaldo was more of a natural talent and I would probably pick Ronaldo over Ronaldinho any day of the week, but the arsenal of dribbling skills and passing skills that Ronaldinho possessed, in my opinion made him a better and more complete player.

Oh, and Pele was "slightly better" than Ronaldo.... So I'm guessing you're like 70 years old? Or was the incredibly small number of video recordings of Pele, enough for you to notice the fact that Pele was "slightly" better than Ronaldo?

At the end of the day, this is entirely subjective, and I'm not going to pretend that I'm an expert on the subject.... but I do have to say that I find it funny that you -or anyone below 70 years of age- would think that Pele was slightly better than Ronaldo. In my opinion, you put far too much importance on LEGENDS, rather than more factually viable factors.
I rank Messi very highly!
He is without a doubt the best in the business today and ranks 4th in my all-time list.

R9 was more than just a two-season wonder, this is not Owen we are discussing here.

http://youtu.be/9qabv80Ei0U

Just check out that video...
R9 at his very best pulling elasticos, doing 360s, among other moves.
Taking on 4-5 defenders at the same time without breaking a sweat!

chipped goals? He did this many times (against Barca) and he did this last with Corinthians (not bad for someone who at that point had gone under the knife 5 times).
Maradona-like goals/Messi-like goals (His Compostela goal, his goal against Valencia, Atletico Madrid, his solo run against Chile...
headers (I've seen him score a few good amount of goals with his head/not his forte though) long range (YUP - plenty of those). I've seen him score with his arse, his belly, his chest, etc.

Messi like goal? Whatever do you mean? CUT from the right and shoot to the left corner? Or wait inside the box and wait for either XAVI, INIESTA, VILLA, or PEDRO to pass the ball back to him where he is (usually in the middle)?

PS - I can assure you, both Pele and Maradona were better than Messi.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:42   #618
Dagoods

ANd don't even make me talk about what he MEANS to football!
This man has left his mark. He revolutionized his position, established NIKE as a brand (During his peak, The R9 brand - sold as much as the JUMP MAN brand world wide).

Messi on the other hand?

http://youtu.be/A0LMHYA3LdQ
This is after the 2011 Copa America...
But Messi has made up for it though. I mean he did score 3 goals against Brazil's mighty Olympic Team LMFAO - the same team that got their arses handed to them by Mexico

R9's Influence:

http://youtu.be/uqdDkvraSFI
Before and after R9

http://youtu.be/Iw68Mx4bvZg
JUST look at that goal: 2:50-55 WOOOW - There's only one IL FENOMENO!!!
Old 18-03-2013, 00:01   #619
Goodfella

Goodfella is an unknown

There is only one Ronaldo. Luis Ronaldo, that's all I have to say.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 20:51   #620
AgentZero

AgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by Ali

If your going to compare marketing of eras that a little naive, the markets much more mature now and players like Messi would have little branding/impact than what Ronaldo had, who clearly was Nikes (who was a fairly new to football at the time) only star to enjoy full fledge marketing effort.
Old 26-08-2013, 12:36   #621
R9NALD9

R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Holy Shit, is this thread actually still going strong, hahaha.

IMO the era's are way to different from Pele to Maradona, from Maradona to Ronaldo, from Ronaldo to Messi...to really accurately compare them.

Messi is definitely the best player at the moment...that being said, IMHO I think he is slightly overrated. He is awesome, and one of the best ever...but definitely not the best ever as a lot of people are claiming.

I wish he would try another league sometime (don't think he will).

Whoever is the best of all time...doesn't matter, there are few players that captured the imagination of the world as R9 did back in the 90's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R9NALD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:49   #622
Randomguy

Randomguy is an unknown

Thumbs up This whole thread was rather interesting

So i just randomly happened to be googling about R9 when i clicked on this random thread. I found it interesting enough that i read through every single post which took me almost 2 hours to finish (it was that good-good job everyone). Now a few random point i would like to make after reading this randomly interesting thread.

1. Amatuer.......my dude.....you are a hypocrite. You tell all these people who bring up their own opinions that you respect them then you call it stupid. You basically seemed to regard just about everything people had to say on R9 i mean cmon we get it if do not like the player for being selfish but do not just shoo on everyones opinion that you do not agree with then say you do not give a shit when you are the same person who made this thread so people can know your opinion....what was the point of making a thread if you were not ready to reason. Aside from that i like the way you put so many facts lol. like i feel like a genius after reading your posts haha.

2. i read a post where someone stated that everyone has the type of player they like. i would think that this thread would have been over by then but oh well....we are human beings.

3. Everyplayer in this world is overrated someway or another. Once you get publicity, if fifa and sponsors like you, they will promote your image to be a shining angel so all of you sitting here thinking your favored player is better than the next person maybe somewhat right but do not let it get to your head. Shit happens. Im playing in D2 pro league English team so i know what im saying.

4. I should come here more lol this was fun

Thank you people. Wonderful. truly wonderful.
Randomguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 11:59   #623
R9NALD9

R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.R9NALD9 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

To finally put this thread to rest, regardless of what we think. The true measuring stick of any sportsman is what his peers opinion of him is. Here is a link to all the quotes by coaches and fellow players of Ronaldo...gives you an idea how good he was.

https://arjyomitra94.wordpress.com/2...zario-de-lima/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R9NALD9 is offline   Reply With Quote