PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
View Poll Results: Will Mourinho bring the Holy Grail(CL) back home?
Of course he will 22 43.14%
Not a chance 17 33.33%
Not this year but next 10 19.61%
He wont last the season 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 02-11-2004, 13:03   #1501
Figо10
Ace in the Pack

Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Yeah I know you can't contain your hatred for Perez.

Not renewing Hierro's contract was another example. Hierro served Real for so long, and has scored over 100 goals, which is not bad for a defender. Then Perez's "zidanes y pavons" policy kicked in and the 16 players left. And for 2003-04 season Real just had centre-backs Pavon and Mejia to depend on, one of the poorest defences in the world I would imagine.

Owen playing as a forward winger, not a bad idea as well, but whatever it is just remember to maintain his scoring touch and not let that flow to the drain. I still think centre is his best position

Quote:
and one more important factor which i forgot, they loaned flavio conceicao out despite having an obvious lack of DMs. i'm sure that if flavio was still around, the centre wouldn't be so weak today.
Don't forget they also compensated McManaman for leaving, he could do the job pretty well as well.

And just this season we've lost Esteban Cambiasso to Inter Milan on a free as well, and at the end of the current season we're likely to lose another - Santiago Solari

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Figо10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 14:22   #1502
tomo1811
  • XBox: i doe own 1

tomo1811 is an unknown

watched real on sunday!! bloody hell they are disturbingly poor, im a fan and its gr8 2 see michael banging um in cos i tipped himto prove liverpool wrong go on michael

tomo1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 14:36   #1503
Figо10
Ace in the Pack

Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Figо10 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Finally it seems like his move from Liverpool is beginning to pay off.

That's a good sign for both Owen and Real Madrid.

Old 02-11-2004, 18:31   #1504
lucho

lucho is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figо10
I'll say the reason why Owen can't play as the classic winger-cum-striker is because he does not cut infield well enough.

He can dribble down the wing or through the middle, but when it comes to coming inside, he does not have enough skill to do so. Not enough skill to match Figo, Giggs and Henry.

To score he has to be in front of the goal and without possessing sufficient skills to cut inside he will not score from there. He can cross but his crossing is nothing spectacular as well.
there's no dout you're right ,we won't see the best michael owen playing in this type of position but we can't avoid the question of determinig how can owen be usefull to RM ,where does he diserves to play ...

the coming of owen is a 100% success on my opinion.Real`s squad is perfectly armed with ours strikers , the low performance of the team has other reasons...

the last tecnical decisions have placed zidane in a sort of "dupla" with guti
in midfied this a aproach may not stand as beckham is about to make his comeback ,guti will as usual pay the price i think but in any case some thing tells me that zidane won't return to left wing and there is maybe a card to play by owen both with raul.

but last rumours go even beyong .our "blessed pope florentino I" has one of his vicious plan preparing as i said in last time the totti's affair is io the desk again,and i ment december! so, the prodigious idea of our "manager-president" consists in transformimng becks into our left defender ,doing this he realises two of his dreams .1st he gets rid of salgado witch is as you all know married with one of sanz's daughter and second he matches all his galcticos with totti...

the resulting 2005 formation would probably -if rumours are confirmed-
be as follows: 4defenders line with samuel-woodgate as stoppers ,robeca
and beckham side defenders.
5 midfielders line with zidane-totti on the axe ,figo and owen
alternatively on each wing and raul freely working .
finaly ronaldo just as usual.
lucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 19:23   #1505
lucho

lucho is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrard2k4
i saw the getafe game yesterday and beleive that getafe were unlucky not to score that ex madrid player riki looks a great player, forgive me im not too educated on la liga LOL but he does look good
yes riki were the player of the match after cassillas his one of those talentous "canteranos" and the mad thing is that while florentino is pretending to beg on the "pavones" the bests have been sold :valdo,mista,totte,etoo...
lucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 01:49   #1506
Figо10
Ace in the Pack

Haha Beckham as right-back, might really work some day you know

Totti would be a good buy in a neutral's point of view. Right now who are we missing??? An attacking midfielder. We only have a holy trio of Beckham, Figo and Zidane. Stand-ins Guit and Solari don't perform well, so if any of the 3 gets injured, Real's done.

With our new boy Totti he can play on the left wing, Zidane middle and Beckham right, or Figo and Beckham in defensive midfield. That's how Perez will squeeze the four of them into a team whilst getting rid of "non-Galactico" Ivan Helguera, who usually plays in defence these days anyway.

Anyway what do you reckon our result to Kiev will be???

Let's wait till that finished before we talk about Owen again

Old 03-11-2004, 02:24   #1507
Casillas
Real Madrid #1
  • XBox: Moderneboy

Casillas is an unknown

Hi guys, I saw the result against Kiev will be 1-1 to us
Old 03-11-2004, 03:02   #1508
Figо10
Ace in the Pack

Huh???

You've seen the result already???

I think it will be 1-1 too. Won't be easy for Real playing in Ukraine, the last time they went there was a 2-0 loss I think.

Will Figo and Samuel be playing???

Old 03-11-2004, 03:26   #1509
Del Boy

Del Boy has disabled reputation

I believe Samual is out, could be wrong, always a first for something. :-)
Del Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:34   #1510
Figо10
Ace in the Pack

Real's defence looks same as last season it has to be said.

Woodgate's arrial has happened like it hadn't taken place.

Samuel's always sent off, suspended, injured or other reasons keeping him out.

So once again we have to rely on Helguera, ever-reliable centre-back, and Pavon, or Mejia, or left-back Raul Bravo, the same infamous backline as last season.

Hope Samuel comes back, he plays a big part in Real's line-up this season.

And when will Woody return??? :confused:

Old 03-11-2004, 12:58   #1511
codename 47
The Next Galactico
  • XBox: No1 Codename 47

codename 47 is an unknown

did you know we've got the second best defensive record in la liga , we're only second to barcelona

codename 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 13:44   #1512
Figо10
Ace in the Pack

Tells a lot about La Liga's defence.

Like Valencia got thrashed by an Italian team 5-1 in Spain

But right now the Real we're seeing are not the real one. We don't score so few goals, don't miss so many chances, don't have such a leaky defence etc.

The 2-0 victory over Getafe was the first time Real scored more than one goal in a match. And our first 12 points were all decided by Englishmen's winning goals (and assists )

Wouldn't bet against Owen scoring tonight as well, he's got 5 goals in his last 5 games including internationals, and 4 have been decisive winning goals. Looks like he's gonna do a Reyes

Old 03-11-2004, 14:18   #1513
fattyronaldo
Ronaldo 9 - The Greatest

fattyronaldo has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

beckham as a right back? i don't think that would work out at all. he doesn't have the speed a wing back requires, and i doubt that he has enough stamina for the whole match.

and totti is coming? i certainly hope not. the team can't accomadate another offensive player. they need a makelele-like player to allow zidane, figo and raul freedom to roam up front. i don't wish to be kept at the edge of my seat watching real defend for yet another season. i pray to god that perez grows some brains and sign mascherano.

i think that their poor defence in the centre is the main reason why they can't make all-out attacking runs this season. they HAVE to do something about it before we become llike barcelona in the 90s.
fattyronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 14:25   #1514
fattyronaldo
Ronaldo 9 - The Greatest

and i've heard different rumours altogether. beckham is heading back to england cos tabloids say that he's looking for a house in london. and we r getting steven gerard to play in the centre. i for one vote for this option rather than the totti one

i think they r looking for a morientes-gerrard swap. please let this happen.
Old 03-11-2004, 14:28   #1515
fattyronaldo
Ronaldo 9 - The Greatest

i'd like to add another factor to perez's stupidity. it's not the signing of woodgate, but rather the fact that he let vieira out of the fishing net. i believe that if we pressed on for vieira, no doubt he'll be wearing the white jersey today. again i ask perez, why? :confused: