PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 19-11-2014, 11:51   #16
baangus

baangus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.baangus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceButters View Post
Who doesn't see the scripting/handicapping in this game is basically the reason why they dare such thing.
Huh? No, the scripting as you call it is simply tactical AI programming the CPU shifts into from time to time. As poorly and as idiotically as it's programmed in FIFA in particular, all games require AI programming of this kind. Would be a pretty dull and unrealistic game otherwise if the CPU never amped up its attack in the last 10 minutes when 2 goals down for example.

baangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 12:02   #17
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by baangus View Post
Huh? No, the scripting as you call it is simply tactical AI programming the CPU shifts into from time to time. As poorly and as idiotically as it's programmed in FIFA in particular, all games require AI programming of this kind. Would be a pretty dull and unrealistic game otherwise if the CPU never amped up its attack in the last 10 minutes when 2 goals down for example.
I disagree.

The "scripting" as we all call it, is when you're powerless to do anything against the CPU team's attack. When your players move out of position, when the ref gives an incredibly dubious free kick etc etc etc. In previous PES games, and indeed in Fifa, it's painfully obvious when there's gonna be a goal.

They need to figure out ways of making better AI controlled teams, without handicapping the player.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 12:24   #18
baangus

baangus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.baangus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I disagree.

The "scripting" as we all call it, is when you're powerless to do anything against the CPU team's attack... it's painfully obvious when there's gonna be a goal.
You're never powerless. Use line sliders and d-pad tactics to tighten your defense when the CPU shifts into hyper-attack mode. The CPU is given ratings boosts yes. But there is no scripting in the game that decides the CPU is going to score no matter what. See the screen: When the CPU shifts into attack mode, I use the d-pad tactics and line sliders to bring all 10 players back into my box, eliminating all CPU passing and shooting lanes.

Old 19-11-2014, 12:51   #19
Ali
It is happening again

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
But there is no scripting in the game that decides the CPU is going to score no matter what.
Why are people so easy to dismiss scripting, when plenty of people will tell you that it's there? We have the same arguments every year with PES. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

It's actually a good thing that you don't see it. You can enjoy the game more without feeling that you're fighting against the programming.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 19-11-2014, 12:55   #20
LEGOFLAMB22

LEGOFLAMB22 has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabocat View Post
Ok, so I'm asking for the help of my fellow members here. First a quick venting:

I've bought both FIFA 15 and PES 15 (at a combined cost of over US$100), and to be honest, while PES far outclasses FIFA in terms of gameplay, I've been sorely disappointed with both games. They both seem to rely on scripted routines and pre-determined outcomes for "excitement".
Yeah - pro evo always cheats and it even does it a little bit when you're playing human players.

It does seem a little less scripted this year than previous ones (even on superstar computer makes mistakes etc, rather than just being terminators)

Jenkey1002 did a good job with his game config selector thing at removing 'ai scripting' in 2013 and you could also change one of the save fiules to read only which stopped the game recording your wins and losses so it made it like you were playing a fresh install of pro evo for each game.

This year hopefully someone will devise a way of achieving something similar.
LEGOFLAMB22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 13:00   #21
baangus

Quote:
Why are people so easy to dismiss scripting, when plenty of people will tell you that it's there? We have the same arguments every year with PES. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

It's actually a good thing that you don't see it. You can enjoy the game more without feeling that you're fighting against the programming.
Why do people create conspiracy theories about being powerless to stop the CPU from scoring? I suppose it's easier than learning how to edit the game programming, and how to use the sliders and tactics to keep the CPU from scoring.

I eliminated all the 45 and 90 minute CPU goals form my game, took me some time learning how and what to adjust in the tactics and programming. If you want to keep believing you're powerless, that's your choice I guess. But there's a whole website of FIFA modders and gamers at soccergaming who are aware of how to edit the game in this manner.

Anyway, if you want to learn how to achieve all this with FIFA, I'm willing to help. Otherwise, happy gaming.
Old 19-11-2014, 13:20   #22
Parkinfed
  • Supports: Manchester United

Parkinfed has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
I haven't really explored the tactics at all, since I just don't know that much about football strategy/tactics. Where could I go to learn about that?
There is a user called klashman. He does great tactics work and his threads were a huge help for me a few years ago. I'll link a few threads for you:

A thread on this site[2014]

Threads on other sites
[2015]
[2014].

Also, read the help menu in the game plan menu for sliders explanation, they vary each year more or less.
Parkinfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 13:48   #23
Ali
It is happening again

Quote:
Why do people create conspiracy theories about being powerless to stop the CPU from scoring? I suppose it's easier than learning how to edit the game programming, and how to use the sliders and tactics to keep the CPU from scoring.
So when the opposition crosses it into my box, the attacker hits a weak header directly at my gk, my gk doesn't make any attempt to catch or parry the ball... just watches it bounce off him, then decides to flop on the floor and parry it into the path of another on rushing attacker...... you're saying I can do something about this??

You believe what you want to believe, but it's not a crackpot conspiracy theory. When you can tell there's going to be goal before the ball even gets near your box, you know there's something up!

I mean, the OP even mentions conceding a goal straight after scoring one. It's uncanny the amount of times this happens, and it can't be a fluke.

The thing is, they are unable to create AI intelligent enough, so that's why this scripting happens. Until they make big improvements with the programming of AI, they do these things to balance the matches, otherwise you'll just end up winning 5-0 every match.

Old 19-11-2014, 13:51   #24
baangus

Quote:
So when the opposition crosses it into my box, the attacker hits a weak header directly at my gk, my gk doesn't make any attempt to catch or parry the ball... just watches it bounce off him, then decides to flop on the floor and parry it into the path of another on rushing attacker...... you're saying I can do something about this??
Fixed that in FIFA two years ago. Requires the PC version, Creation Master and DataBase Master editing tools, and Microsoft Excel.
Old 19-11-2014, 14:07   #25
Ali
It is happening again

Ok, so to fix the scripting you have to have the PC version and mod the shit out of it...... great.

Old 19-11-2014, 14:16   #26
RBENJAMIN

RBENJAMIN has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
That's a good point. I haven't really explored the tactics at all, since I just don't know that much about football strategy/tactics. Where could I go to learn about that? Thanks again for all the input. I'm learning to appreciate the game more.
As someone has said there was a tactics help page from PES '13 which explained the sliders and I got to grips with tactics from that thread. Also, listening to pundits on the TV, I've actually picked up some useful tips from Gary Neville & Glen Hoddle.

It also helps to know how you want your team to play and how the player roles affect your teams shape, for example a right winger will play a bit differently to a right wing forward, and central midfielder will perform differently to a defensive midfielder etc etc.

How do you want your teams to play? and what tactics would you like advice on?
RBENJAMIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 14:18   #27
LanceButters

LanceButters has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Apparently many people lack the ability to see it. So funny lol.
LanceButters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 15:17   #28
baangus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceButters View Post
Apparently many people lack the ability to see it. So funny lol.
Apparently many people would rather just pretend it's unfixable rather than head on over to soccergaming or evoweb and spend the time learning how to fix it. So funny lol etc. and so forth.
Old 19-11-2014, 15:40   #29
TeknoBug

TeknoBug has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Ok, so to fix the scripting you have to have the PC version and mod the shit out of it...... great.
If you're referring to FIFA, definitely yes, it's really bad in that series and if you know EA well they tend to go overboard with the AI and other stuff. So far I haven't really had any problems with it in PES, I remember in PES 13 it was there once in a while but this year it seems milder than ever and it seems to be the sweet spot for me, I've had a few challenging encounters but nothing that made me throw a tantrum. NHL 15 is the worst in that aspect with the so called "ice tilt", I've put 110-150% effort into beating the CPU only for it to gimp my own team and score on me consistently and made me want to pull my hair, glad I traded away that buggered up game.
TeknoBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 15:47   #30
shaun7
  • Supports: Juventus

shaun7 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneshaun7 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneshaun7 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneshaun7 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneshaun7 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneshaun7 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneshaun7 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

There's actually a fine line between scripting and AI programming, but basically they're the same. I know it sounds contradictory, but every type of AI programming NEEDS scripting.

What Pes and Fifa (I haven't played the new ones yet, because I am waiting for Dragon Age) lack (especially Fifa in this case) is proper AI programming that is not able to compensate for the player actually being good, so in order to make the AI appear stronger than they really are, they throw in cheap gimmicks that leave the player powerless to do anything to counter it. That is the "bad" scripting that football game players are referring to.

That is a bloody cheap way to make the AI appear more competent that it actually is.

shaun7 is offline   Reply With Quote