PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 19-12-2006, 23:36   #1
cagatay

cagatay is an unknown

frustrated...please help

Hi, can someone help me with the following?

1) During the game I can't take defenders on. Many times I'll have a breakaway with one defender to beat that is backtracking but I cant sprint by him, cant change direction by him or anything. They always get the ball.

2) When I'm on defence, I can't take the ball off the opponent. THEY GO THROUGH ME. I tried everything. I press x, o (shoot). At best, it just knocks the ball away, and then the ball always goes to the opponent. They nudge me once, and I can't regain my balance. It's unfair and frustrating...R2 works a little bit when I'm facing them. But there must be some method or way of getting the ball like the CPU does from me. ITS LIKE THE BALL STICKS TO THE PLAYERS FEET WHEN THE CPU HAS THE BALL.

3) This is the worst of all. When I beat a defender, he always cathes up with me. Even if I'm sprinting full speed. (i'm not playing with weak players). But when the opponent beats me and I fall behind him, I can never catch up.

IS ANYONE ELSE OBSERVING THIS??? CAN ANYONE HELP? I play top-player level and rarely lose, but the game is never pretty for me. Any help is appreciated. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

cagatay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 02:41   #2
The Messiah
#1 Troll
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: yingandyangbros

The Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeThe Messiah is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

You need to knock the ball ahead of you more plus it might help if your player is faster than the defender you're taking on.

To do this you press the d-pad in the direction you're going twice or you can press
The Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 20:40   #3
cagatay

cagatay is an unknown

hey thanks but I already knew that. Doesn't help...I guess people just accept that as part of the game, unfortuantely PES6 isn't perfect as I hoped it would be.
cagatay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 21:03   #4
uncleXXXmas

uncleXXXmas has discovered the General Forums. God help us.uncleXXXmas has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagatay View Post
Hi, can someone help me with the following?

1) During the game I can't take defenders on. Many times I'll have a breakaway with one defender to beat that is backtracking but I cant sprint by him, cant change direction by him or anything. They always get the ball.
Timing. Wait til he pokes in with a tackle and sprint away to the other side, or shot/pass fake past. Another option is stop early and a trick like the drag back, but delaying your run forward means youll have more defenders to dodge past, this is where 1-2's come in.

A more reliable option is usually to turn around initiate a 1-2 pass with the closest player and your striker will now be in the clear if done right.

Quote:
2) When I'm on defence, I can't take the ball off the opponent. THEY GO THROUGH ME. I tried everything. I press x, o (shoot). At best, it just knocks the ball away, and then the ball always goes to the opponent. They nudge me once, and I can't regain my balance. It's unfair and frustrating...R2 works a little bit when I'm facing them. But there must be some method or way of getting the ball like the CPU does from me. ITS LIKE THE BALL STICKS TO THE PLAYERS FEET WHEN THE CPU HAS THE BALL.
Heavy pressure at the right time and timed tackles at others, is the best way IMO. Most of the time the AI will get loose balls so dont try and crowd their player with + too often, or theyll have men to spare and run in free.

Another point, never press a player from behind with , use if you have to instead, this way you can still control your player in front of their runner and cover space, because the AI will part your defence like an idiot if controlling your defenders.

At some point you can converge both pressing defenders and sandwich the player if they dont have another player in space to pass to.

Quote:
3) This is the worst of all. When I beat a defender, he always cathes up with me. Even if I'm sprinting full speed. (i'm not playing with weak players). But when the opponent beats me and I fall behind him, I can never catch up.
Use 1-2 passing or on players that have just passed so they make runs, youll get more space. Also dont be afraid to stop and pull a trick to re-beat the defender. Passing backwards isnt always bad either. If you use 1-2 passing a lot, lots of your players will run forward and the AI ALWAYS puts a runner on your runner, so youll have lots of free space on the edge of the box.
uncleXXXmas is offline   Reply With Quote