PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 06-12-2011, 22:46   #16
fick
  • Supports: Man United / Chicago Bears
  • XBox: ficklered
  • PSN: ficklered

fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

You assume correctly. I don't really want to go that route (no pun intended) anyway. I may be interested in any apps that could block access (and any security ones that a: don't slow the phone to a crawl and b: don't kill my battery more than the screen already does.)

fick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 22:53   #17
Sminky
Middle Age Awaits
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • PSN: Sminky_Pinky

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fick View Post
You assume correctly. I don't really want to go that route (no pun intended) anyway. I may be interested in any apps that could block access (and any security ones that a: don't slow the phone to a crawl and b: don't kill my battery more than the screen already does.)
HTC Battery lives are shockingly bad due to the OS, even firmware upgrades to improve the battery life are shite so best forget about that. As far as security apps go, I have a couple that scan apps as I install them but the best app I have is an uninstaller. I can't recommend that enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sminky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 22:54   #18
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

My post just got wiped. Welcome back to me.

Never rooted my HTC Desire but the Galaxy S II had a WiFi issue on release (sharing turned on, never turned off and then killed the battery) so rooting and freezing the process until an update was released was the only option. Glad of it too as I now use a generic ROM (as opposed to custom) which is a standard ROM without the guff mobile networks put on it.

I don't feel phone security software is necessary so long as you know what you're installing. Yes, now and then there could be a well known application which is hiding something and transmitting sensitive data (rare but not impossible) but I have to keep faith with my standard behaviour of keeping the internet off unless reading websites or mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminky View Post
HTC Battery lives are shockingly bad due to the OS, even firmware upgrades to improve the battery life are shite so best forget about that. As far as security apps go, I have a couple that scan apps as I install them but the best app I have is an uninstaller. I can't recommend that enough.
This. The Sense UI is great for widgets but 3.0 is so heavy and battery life on HTC phones has never been great. Can't say the Galaxy S II is amazing though, Super AMOLED makes the battery suffer when there's a lot of white on the screen so websites are a pain.

Er why would you need an uninstaller when you can simply uninstall apps via the Applications section within Settings?
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 22:59   #19
Sminky
Middle Age Awaits

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Sweey View Post
Er why would you need an uninstaller when you can simply uninstall apps via the Applications section within Settings?
Thanks to a wonderful fault with my HTC that leaves them as a listed app. Its one of many bizarre software glitches. The other notable oddity being deleted photo's reappearing in the gallery. I've deleted one set 5 times. They disappear only to reappear several hours later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-12-2011, 23:00   #20
Sweey
Administrator

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Thanks to a wonderful fault with my HTC that leaves them as a listed app. Its one of many bizarre software glitches. The other notable oddity being deleted photo's reappearing in the gallery. I've deleted one set 5 times. They disappear only to reappear several hours later.
I'm not sure whether to laugh or recoil in horror.

Well done for spotting the third edit to that post. I need to learn how to type everything, hit post and then leave the thread.

Does a software update - assuming any have been released - not solve it?
Old 06-12-2011, 23:02   #21
Dale C.
  • Supports: Birmingham City F.C
  • PSN: iRepMorons

Dale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Sweey is back

Dale C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 23:03   #22
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale C. View Post
Sweey is back
Where? I don't see him.
Old 06-12-2011, 23:06   #23
fick
  • Supports: Man United / Chicago Bears
  • XBox: ficklered
  • PSN: ficklered

fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.fick is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
HTC Battery lives are shockingly bad...
This I had definately noticed. From 100% at 6:30 this morning, I am currently on a mere 17% now and it's been just about the quietest phone day I can remember (only 6 emails and 7 texts. No calls)

I've got some longer life batteries on order (supposedly give an extra 50% to the life, but we'll see). Only costing 16 for both, plus a charger, so a lot cheaper than just getting one from the shops over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale C. View Post
Sweey is back
Very perceptive Dale. What gave it away?
Old 06-12-2011, 23:08   #24
Sminky
Middle Age Awaits

Quote:
Does a software update - assuming any have been released - not solve it?
On the contrary. It's made it infuriatingly worse. I suspect the problem with the gallery is taking pictures directly via the camera button as opposed to through the widget. Although I still cannot fathom how it rolls back the gallery to include deleted data.

Old 06-12-2011, 23:12   #25
Dale C.
  • Supports: Birmingham City F.C
  • PSN: iRepMorons

Dale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fick View Post

Very perceptive Dale. What gave it away?
Well he's made a few posts in this thread, and a few in some others. That was the main reason.

The other reason was because I forsaw it in a dream.

Dale C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 23:13   #26
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
On the contrary. It's made it infuriatingly worse. I suspect the problem with the gallery is taking pictures directly via the camera button as opposed to through the widget. Although I still cannot fathom how it rolls back the gallery to include deleted data.
You sure you aren't infected with some sort of oddity? Seems like some rather twisted behaviour.
Old 06-12-2011, 23:18   #27
Sminky
Middle Age Awaits

Quote:
You sure you aren't infected with some sort of oddity? Seems like some rather twisted behaviour.
Ask fick, he will concur that I am most definitely an oddity

Old 05-01-2012, 22:09   #28
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Someone recommend me some apps; got friend caster for facebook (thought it was better than the proper FB app after trialling them both), Sky Sports Centre and Cyanide&Happiness comic book viewer app.

Are there any good free ones you think every phone owner should have?

Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 22:17   #29
Ziss
The Three Amigos

Ziss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post countZiss is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Words with friends
Ziss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 22:27   #30
Sminky
Middle Age Awaits

The only Apps I've bothered with are SkySports, Ladbrokes, Lloyds TSB and Telegraph Fantasy Football. I really ought to invest in Tapatalk for my HTC, apparently its the nads for forums and PESGaming is on there.