PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 02-12-2012, 13:51   #31
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSound View Post
Forget PC, http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/hom...-KWG-GO_UK_CPU

I got the lowest spec'd iMac at the end of 2010 and it still easily does everything I need it to and is capable of way more, including running over 50 channels of audio with multiple processor intensive plugins in ProTools (Pro music software.) It's a great screen for DVDs & gaming too.
Words cannot express how much I'm laughing. A great screen for gaming? Try a decent FPS - oh wait, you're on a low spec iMac. Enough said.

Mac users, always thinking they know a lot about computers because they buy into the marketing aimed at abusing them.

Macs are good for music creation and image manipulation. They are not outstanding gaming machines. The Apple Cinema Display monitor has lag. If your requirements is solely ProTools then good for you albeit you overpaid for the machine. My Samsung monitor (S27B970D) is better to my eyes than any Apple Cinema Display I've seen.

Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 14:30   #32
JohnSound

JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?JohnSound has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
Try some high end games.
Fair point, I only play PES so I regret that gaming comment.

Sweey I'm glad I gave you a laugh but I certainly wouldn't claim to know a lot about computers & definitely didn't fall for marketing. I was a late convert from PC to Mac & based my decision on my own experiences in professional studios & advice and recommendations from many in the music industry who have been using Macs since long before the crazy hype that surrounds Apple today.

As I said, my iMac does everything I need & more so I'm happy
JohnSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 15:00   #33
Sweey
Administrator

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSound View Post
Fair point, I only play PES so I regret that gaming comment.

Sweey I'm glad I gave you a laugh but I certainly wouldn't claim to know a lot about computers & definitely didn't fall for marketing. I was a late convert from PC to Mac & based my decision on my own experiences in professional studios & advice and recommendations from many in the music industry who have been using Macs since long before the crazy hype that surrounds Apple today.

As I said, my iMac does everything I need & more so I'm happy
Fair enough :>
Old 02-01-2013, 06:26   #34
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

I'm going through the motions of throwing a new PC together, been looking about at what's on offer and what not and so far it's looking something like this.

CPU:Intel Core i5-3570K S1155 3.4GHz 6MB €188

Board:Asus Maximus V Gene S1155 Intel Z77 DDR3 mATX €161

Graphics: Sapphire Technology AMD Radeon 7870 HD 1050MHz 2GB PCI-E 3.0 HDMI Dual-X OC €230

HDD:OCZ Technology 256GB Vertex 4 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Solid State Drive €190

Case:Gigabyte GZ-G2 Gaming Case Plus with USB 3.0 Ports & 2 Front Fans €58.83

RAM:Corsair 16GB (4 x 4GB) XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz DIMM 240-pin CL9 €65.32

PSU: Corsair CX750 Builder Series CX 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU €83

P.S. What do you think Sweey, any advice or recommendations?

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." — Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 16:15   #35
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundon's View Post
I'm going through the motions of throwing a new PC together, been looking about at what's on offer and what not and so far it's looking something like this.

CPU:Intel Core i5-3570K S1155 3.4GHz 6MB €188

Board:Asus Maximus V Gene S1155 Intel Z77 DDR3 mATX €161

Graphics: Sapphire Technology AMD Radeon 7870 HD 1050MHz 2GB PCI-E 3.0 HDMI Dual-X OC €230

HDD:OCZ Technology 256GB Vertex 4 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Solid State Drive €190

Case:Gigabyte GZ-G2 Gaming Case Plus with USB 3.0 Ports & 2 Front Fans €58.83

RAM:Corsair 16GB (4 x 4GB) XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz DIMM 240-pin CL9 €65.32

PSU: Corsair CX750 Builder Series CX 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU €83

P.S. What do you think Sweey, any advice or recommendations?
Perfect choice of CPU. Are you planning to overclock it? If so, the Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme rev.2 might be worth a look as a replacement heatsink.

Definitely get a HD 7950 over the 7870, it is far and away the best price-performance card if you are overclocking the GPU. If you aren't overclocking the GPU, I believe the Geforce 660Ti is the way to go. My ideal choice would be the 3GB ASUS HD 7950 DirectCU II TOP V2 but the DirectCU cards are triple slot and that would render two of the SATA ports on my P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard inaccessible. The ASUS HD 7950s are also £30-50 more expensive than their counterparts (HIS IceQ, MSI Twin Frozr etc.). There's no point in me getting a new CPU (and therefore motherboard and RAM) to replace my i7-920 at the moment as the gains in gaming aren't worth the outlay so I'm sticking with my MSI Radeon HD 6970 Lightning Twin Frozr III for now although I've got a new case coming tomrorow (Antec 1100) to see if the airflow in my Silverstone TJ-09 is as poor as I believe it to be. Sorry for the essay

You don't need 16GB RAM if you're only gaming. 8GB would suffice but the choice is yours. I like Corsair's XM3 RAM - I don't bother with overclocking of the RAM and it is priced excellently for the speeds it provides. Excellent choice.

Any reason you're going with the Maximus V over the Z77 Sabertooth? Both ASUS and within £10-15 of one another through the places I get components from.
Old 03-01-2013, 16:51   #36
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

@Sweey

Honest opinion needed. I'm not looking for a desktop or a laptop, i'm looking for a Living room PC ie one I'll plug in to a HDTV and play while sitting on my couch, so very much a console experience in a console like box.

£899

Quote:

Processor - Intel Core i7 quad core CE i7-3770.
Operating System - Windows 8 64bit, English
Memory4 - 8GB5 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
Hard Drive - 1TB Serial ATA (7,200 rpm)
Video Card - 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660
This thread here is what has really alerted me to it's awesomness:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...732&highlight=

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 20:11   #37
Dundon's
W.G.P

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweey View Post
Perfect choice of CPU. Are you planning to overclock it? If so, the Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme rev.2 might be worth a look as a replacement heatsink.

Definitely get a HD 7950 over the 7870, it is far and away the best price-performance card if you are overclocking the GPU. If you aren't overclocking the GPU, I believe the Geforce 660Ti is the way to go. My ideal choice would be the 3GB ASUS HD 7950 DirectCU II TOP V2 but the DirectCU cards are triple slot and that would render two of the SATA ports on my P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard inaccessible. The ASUS HD 7950s are also £30-50 more expensive than their counterparts (HIS IceQ, MSI Twin Frozr etc.). There's no point in me getting a new CPU (and therefore motherboard and RAM) to replace my i7-920 at the moment as the gains in gaming aren't worth the outlay so I'm sticking with my MSI Radeon HD 6970 Lightning Twin Frozr III for now although I've got a new case coming tomrorow (Antec 1100) to see if the airflow in my Silverstone TJ-09 is as poor as I believe it to be. Sorry for the essay

You don't need 16GB RAM if you're only gaming. 8GB would suffice but the choice is yours. I like Corsair's XM3 RAM - I don't bother with overclocking of the RAM and it is priced excellently for the speeds it provides. Excellent choice.

Any reason you're going with the Maximus V over the Z77 Sabertooth? Both ASUS and within £10-15 of one another through the places I get components from.
Thanks for that Sweey fair play to you. Regards the 16G RAM, I was only going for it because it was on offer, never intended on going for the 16G so I might slim it back to 8G to save a lil cash.

As for the mobo, I seen a deal here for that Z77 sabertooth let me know what you think of this price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-3570k-...7239781&sr=8-4

Just to be clear dude, I'm not 100% on anything yet so I'm wide open for suggestions. Where do you tend to shop for your parts? I used to use Dabs but they're gone insane with their shipping charges.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." — Meyyappan

Old 04-01-2013, 00:06   #38
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
@Sweey

Honest opinion needed. I'm not looking for a desktop or a laptop, i'm looking for a Living room PC ie one I'll plug in to a HDTV and play while sitting on my couch, so very much a console experience in a console like box.

£899

This thread here is what has really alerted me to it's awesomness:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...732&highlight=
Seems a little bit expensive but the spec is about right - the Core i7 won't struggle at all (i5-3570K would suffice), the 8GB RAM is fine (6GB would suffice), Windows 8 annoys me but will provide a better living room experience due to the UI. The unit would be better with an SSD but the Geforce 660 is absolutely fine as the card won't be overclocked and it performs perfectly well at 1920x1080. All in all, good for the requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundon's View Post
Thanks for that Sweey fair play to you. Regards the 16G RAM, I was only going for it because it was on offer, never intended on going for the 16G so I might slim it back to 8G to save a lil cash.

As for the mobo, I seen a deal here for that Z77 sabertooth let me know what you think of this price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-3570k-...7239781&sr=8-4

Just to be clear dude, I'm not 100% on anything yet so I'm wide open for suggestions. Where do you tend to shop for your parts? I used to use Dabs but they're gone insane with their shipping charges.
Overclockers UK or Scan - I have free shipping with both (DPD Next Day in the case of Overclockers)

That Amazon deal seems pretty good - the Vengeance RAM included is good for overclocking. The price is certainly very fair.

To get free shipping with Overclockers you need to meet either of the criteria at the top of the thread here:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=17943556

For Scan, you need to make 25 or so decent posts on the Hexus forums and then consistently post at a reasonable rate (not sure on the specifics of a reasonable rate).
Old 04-01-2013, 01:30   #39
Makavelian
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: Makavelian5408

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

That looks jonno
Makavelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 15:04   #40
Dundon's
W.G.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweey View Post
Seems a little bit expensive but the spec is about right - the Core i7 won't struggle at all (i5-3570K would suffice), the 8GB RAM is fine (6GB would suffice), Windows 8 annoys me but will provide a better living room experience due to the UI. The unit would be better with an SSD but the Geforce 660 is absolutely fine as the card won't be overclocked and it performs perfectly well at 1920x1080. All in all, good for the requirements.

Overclockers UK or Scan - I have free shipping with both (DPD Next Day in the case of Overclockers)

That Amazon deal seems pretty good - the Vengeance RAM included is good for overclocking. The price is certainly very fair.

To get free shipping with Overclockers you need to meet either of the criteria at the top of the thread here:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=17943556

For Scan, you need to make 25 or so decent posts on the Hexus forums and then consistently post at a reasonable rate (not sure on the specifics of a reasonable rate).

Well Sweey, I checked out the Overclockers and Scan websites, the overclockers forum looks like it's beasting, 800 active users on at the one time when I popped in, but I'm finding it hard to beat the Amazon prices.

Great sites though and I'll defo be bookmarking them for a good read later on.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:04   #41
Dundon's
W.G.P

Sweey, I've been trolling the net for a good deal as you know and only today this poped up in one of the boards I visit, I think it's a bargain, any chance you can take a look and tell me what you think of it. I plan on replacing the CPU and PSU in the coming moths if I do pick it up, so could you recommend a good PSU that would suit the 15 3570k if the current one is a lil light on juice? I'm pretty sure the P67 supports that chip.

Will also add a Samsung 840 SSD but again in the future sometime.

Link: http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/gamin...onitor/2494396

P.S. Basically your 2 cents and how much I should hope to pay for it.

Old 10-01-2013, 15:00   #42
Sweey
Administrator

Don't add a Samsung 840 SSD unless it is the Pro version. The 840 uses TLC rather than MLC which, though many years, is a shorter life span. The Pro also has superior performance.

I'm looking to get an 840 Pro in the summer/autumn myself unless something particularly special arrives. I believe real Radeon HD 8000 card will hit retail in May (not to be confused with the 8000 series that were announced at CES and are rebranded 7000 series cards for OEM manufacturers).

The big thing holding back the system in your link is the i3 processor. That just isn't for any sort of heavy duty gaming. Also, the price is sailing relatively quite close to what you could get superior components for and I personally believe that you'll end up paying more overall than you would have done if you went through the whole process in one go now. That said, if you're happy enough with both of those things, you might as well go for it. Find out more details about the PSU and 16GB RAM. My instinct - and this might still be a case of overpaying or alternatively being a tight-arse - is around €650. The PSU (see below) will cost in the region of £70-80 and the CPU over £150 at the moment so bear that in mind.

Haswell chips are meant to hit Q2 or Q3 this year. If you're not buying an i5-3570K until the summer, it MAY be worth waiting to see what performance improvements they bring.

As for a good PSU, do it once and do it right There are a few good PSU manufacturers out there (Antec, Be Quiet!, Corsair, Enermax and a few more) and you probably want 650-750W to cover what you will buy in the future while remembering that PSUs are believe to typically lose something along the lines of 10% of their total maximum output capacity every 12 months. Worth doing smoe googling on exactly which PSU is the best and precisely what capacity is recommended. I really don't believe you will need more than 750W (which in itself is more than you need) unless you plan on running two graphics cards together.
Old 11-01-2013, 00:44   #43
Dundon's
W.G.P

Once again thanks for that very informative post. I can take it down for 650e and that's with him throwing in a 500gb HDD.

As far as the PSU and CPU go I had accounted for upgrading them when I seen the ad, what drew me in was the case, monitor, GPU and the Mobo. Do you rate the GPU and Mobo? Both of those items are weighing in over 400e alone.

EDIT: Fuck it, I pulled out of that deal, you're right, it's not worth it, especially been 2nd hand and with that poor PSU and CPU. Mobo was 2 year old aswell, had it down for 1 year old.

I shall solider on. :>

Old 11-01-2013, 06:55   #44
Dundon's
W.G.P

Alright I've made up my mind, I'm not touching anyone's sloppy seconds, instead I'm going ahead this weekend and buying some parts to get the ball rolling. Especially now that Dabs are doing free shipping up until Monday.

So here we go...

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K €205 (New Amazon) €180 (used George & Freddi Amazon)

Mobo: ASrock Z77 Extreme 4 €105 (New Amazon)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile €39.22 (New Dabs)

Case: Zalman Z11 Plus High Performance Mid Tower Case €63.33 (New Dabs)

PSU: Corsair Memory TX850 V2 850W ATX Enthusiast Series €113.40 (New Dabs)

HDD: Crucial 256GB M4 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 inch Internal Solid State Drive €184 (New Dabs) (€141.77 Lightening Deals,New Amazon 2 days ago!!!)

GPU: Not sure yet, something under €200

Grand Total: €642 (€842 with GPU)

Any thoughts are welcome, especially on the GPU front, I'm lost.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:24   #45
Sweey
Administrator

What monitor are you going to be using? What resolution are you going to be gaming at? 1920 x 1080?

If so, your choice is between the Geforce 660Ti or Radeon HD 7950 at the moment. Overclocking will probably steer you to the latter but we're probably talking over €200. In particular when it comes to the 7950, I have looked at them again in the last week and feel the HIS IceQ is the best price-performance piece although the Sapphire Vapor-X is talked about impressively. Plenty of reviews on both on the internet but this does depend on the resolution.